Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gone from size 24 to 16 and no one seems to notice? What about you?

They have noticed, but some people are uncomfortable making personal comments like this. Don't be offended. Just wait till you run into someone you haven't seen in a while and they don't even know who you are. I have had that happen over and over again. I take it as a huge compliment, because obviously I look much different...in a very good way! ;)

I'm going to be honest...it makes me uncomfortable if people comment on my weight loss. Especially if they ask if I've lost weight and then ask how much...and then try to guess how much. LOL! So maybe it is a blessing in disguise.

I'm going to be honest...it makes me uncomfortable if people comment on my weight loss. Especially if they ask if I've lost weight and then ask how much...and then try to guess how much. LOL! So maybe it is a blessing in disguise.

I completely agree. Some people just tell me I look great today, which I can gracefully accept as a compliment and know what they mean. As soon as they use the word "weight", it usually gets awkward for both of us. So I think unless we're BFF's, it's probably best to steer clear of talking about my weight, and other people have probably learned that by experience :)

LOL I dont think ive had people not notice.. but my poor hubby.. he has lost 102lbs..and is like a stick.. so people ask him... are you sick? do you have cancer? of course im not a stick yet.. more of a small branch... lol.. I get.. wow you look fantastic.. hey skinny.. and every time I see you, you get smaller and smaller.. but then most know I had the surgery... and both my works have been so supportive..and for the rest of the world.. who cares... I did tell people about the surgery in hopes of helping someone they know that is overweight or themselves perhaps... to let them know there is help out here.. my hubby is off his blood pressure meds and diabetic meds.. he weighs 188lbs now and is 5'10.. and looks fabulous.. im so proud of him..now if I could only look that great.. .. but then again..men lose faster.. Im happy with what ive done. I hope others will see what it has done for me.. I was never on any meds.. I was just over weight... so I tell anyone who asks that personal question.. and usually they have so many questions.. then it leads to.. I have this relative or friend that is over weight.. so if I help someone.. Im happy.. but Im happy anyways... I wear normal clothes.. not in the plus size zone anymore.. Im a happy camper...

Certain family members noticed but did not say anything to thinking I might be sick again. However, they did ask my wife if I was losing weight. She told them I was but it was intentional through Portion Control and exercise.

I agree with what ever one has said, just dont lose focus of the journey because no one has said any thing about your weight lost......you look good.

A very close friend of mine had lost 70 pounds and I honestly didn't notice. I thought he looked maybe better, but couldn't pin it down. He had close to 120 pounds to lose, so even after 70 pounds he was still overweight and hadn't changed the way he dressed. He looked close to the same to me. Had he changed to better fit clothes, I probably would have noticed?

I was almost 50 lbs down before one person said anything!

yeah i agree...I think people are more likely to say something if they know you are trying to lose weight. If they don't know, then they might feel like they might embarrass you. I mean what if your weight loss was because you were going through an illness that they did not know about and it wasn't intentional...then they would feel really bad as would I.

Yep, I was probably closes to 70 pounds down before anyone said anything. Then again, I kind of faked them out because I was wearing pretty much the SAME clothes, only in smaller sizes. (Seriously, I had a separate closet of new pants, same brand, same style, just in various smaller sizes.) Once I ventured out past my comfort zone, and got different styles and colors, people really noticed. (Probably because I went from drab browns, navy, black to bright purple pants.) LOL Only my team mates at work knew that I had wls - and I only told them the week before the surgery.

There was a guy at work who dropped 60 pounds and no one wanted to say anything to him because they thought it might be cancer. Turns out he was on a low-carb diet!

Also, none of my neighbors have said anything about my weight loss. I used to be kind of a hermit in the house. (I'd go in the fenced backyard but rarely out in the front unless leaving for work, etc.) Although I did always talk to our neighbor across the street because it seems like we are on the same schedule (leave around 6:45 am and home around 4:30 pm). We talk all the time and he's never said anything about my weight loss. I've also started taking two of our dogs for walks around town and haven't heard any of the neighbors on my street say anything. Then again, maybe they think my husband's first wife died or left him and I'm the new one! ;)

I've gone from a 22 to a 10 and I have only had 2 people mention that I've lost weight. People don't want to be awkward. Most people just assume I've been eating less and working out because of my wedding- I'm getting married next Saturday.

Hi, I've found the same thing. I've lost 100 pounds - about half my excess body weight, and very few people have noticed other than my family and a few friends that know about the surgery. I don't let it bother me. I think eventually they will notice. - Carol

LOL I dont think ive had people not notice.. but my poor hubby.. he has lost 102lbs..and is like a stick.. so people ask him... are you sick? do you have cancer? of course im not a stick yet.. more of a small branch... lol.. I get.. wow you look fantastic.. hey skinny.. and every time I see you' date=' you get smaller and smaller.. but then most know I had the surgery... and both my works have been so supportive..and for the rest of the world.. who cares... I did tell people about the surgery in hopes of helping someone they know that is overweight or themselves perhaps... to let them know there is help out here.. my hubby is off his blood pressure meds and diabetic meds.. he weighs 188lbs now and is 5'10.. and looks fabulous.. im so proud of him..now if I could only look that great.. .. but then again..men lose faster.. Im happy with what ive done. I hope others will see what it has done for me.. I was never on any meds.. I was just over weight... so I tell anyone who asks that personal question.. and usually they have so many questions.. then it leads to.. I have this relative or friend that is over weight.. so if I help someone.. Im happy.. but Im happy anyways... I wear normal clothes.. not in the plus size zone anymore.. Im a happy camper...[/quote']

My husband and I in the exact same boat! Haha this was good to read! It does make me feel bad for the guy, but in the same way he looks great and feels great and I couldn't be happier for him! And I'm pretty happy myself! Yay for progress! =)