Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Down Side...

...to making a really yummy pre-op Protein Shake for Breakfast is that if I leave the shaker bottle unattended for any reason, my 13-year-old daughter sneaks sips of my meal! I made 16 oz. this morning (protein-fortified almond milk, 1/2 Syntrax vanilla Torte, 1/2 Syntrax Double-Stuffed Cookie, half a capful of Torani SF Caramel syrup). Stepped out of the car to grab a yogurt for my lunch, and when I got back the cup was mysteriously down to 12 oz. even though I hadn't had any of it yet.

She insists she only had "a couple of sips". food-smiley-012.gif

Oh well, that just means I can lower my calorie count for breakfast on MFP today! thumb.gif

...to making a really yummy pre-op Protein shake for breakfast is that if I leave the shaker bottle unattended for any reason, my 13-year-old daughter sneaks sips of my meal! I made 16 oz. this morning (protein-fortified almond milk, 1/2 Syntrax Vanilla Torte, 1/2 Syntrax Double-Stuffed Cookie, half a capful of Torani SF Caramel syrup). Stepped out of the car to grab a yogurt for my lunch, and when I got back the cup was mysteriously down to 12 oz. even though I hadn't had any of it yet.

She insists she only had "a couple of sips". food-smiley-012.gif

Oh well, that just means I can lower my calorie count for breakfast on MFP today! thumb.gif

Vixynne, that sounds really yummy!! I have never tried anything but regular milk. What brand is the almond milk you are using? My pre-op liquid diet starts 7/8 (surgery 7/22), and I just started experimenting with Protein powders. I tried Jay Robb in 3 different flavors and hated it. My girlfriend and her husband use the Syntrax nectar Sweets vanilla bean torte. They gave me a scoop to try and it was delicious! Just tried the caribbean cooler yesterday and wasn't that impressed. I have a chocolate truffle one to try next. That double stuffed cookie sounds good.

I'm looking for flavors that taste good even mixed with just Water, since that's what I will be drinking right after surgery.

Start making two and give her one for breakfast, healthy eating habits are a wonderful gift we can give our children.

Vixynne' date=' that sounds really yummy!! I have never tried anything but regular milk. What brand is the almond milk you are using? My pre-op liquid diet starts 7/8 (surgery 7/22), and I just started experimenting with Protein powders. I tried Jay Robb in 3 different flavors and hated it. My girlfriend and her husband use the Syntrax nectar Sweets vanilla bean torte. They gave me a scoop to try and it was delicious! Just tried the caribbean cooler yesterday and wasn't that impressed. I have a chocolate truffle one to try next. That double stuffed cookie sounds good.

I'm looking for flavors that taste good even mixed with just Water, since that's what I will be drinking right after surgery.[/quote']

I like most of the Syntrax Nectar fruity flavors mixed with Water, but the sweet flavors are better in milk. I also like the strawberry sorbet from unjury in plain water or lemonade flavor crystal light. The chicken broth from Unjury is a nice change from the sweeter shakes and mixes well in warm water.

I like a lot of variety, so I order the Syntrax Nectar sample pack from bjsbariatics.com and the sample pack from unjury. I don't seem to be able to commit to a single flavor yet.

I like most of the Syntrax nectar fruity flavors mixed with Water, but the sweet flavors are better in milk. I also like the strawberry sorbet from unjury in plain Water or lemonade flavor crystal light. The chicken broth from Unjury is a nice change from the sweeter shakes and mixes well in warm water.

I like a lot of variety, so I order the Syntrax Nectar sample pack from bjsbariatics.com and the sample pack from unjury. I don't seem to be able to commit to a single flavor yet.

I was thinking about the chicken broth flavor from Unjury also. I'll have to give that a try. What about unflavored Protein? Is it really totally unflavored, or does it have a gross aftertaste? I'd like to be able to make SF Jello with that and be able to add it to savory foods later on.

Vixynne, that sounds really yummy!! I have never tried anything but regular milk. What brand is the almond milk you are using? My pre-op liquid diet starts 7/8 (surgery 7/22), and I just started experimenting with Protein powders. I tried Jay Robb in 3 different flavors and hated it. My girlfriend and her husband use the Syntrax nectar Sweets vanilla bean torte. They gave me a scoop to try and it was delicious! Just tried the caribbean cooler yesterday and wasn't that impressed. I have a chocolate truffle one to try next. That double stuffed cookie sounds good.

I'm looking for flavors that taste good even mixed with just Water, since that's what I will be drinking right after surgery.

The almond milk I use is a brand called "SoDelicious", in vanilla flavor, and it has 5 grams of extra Protein per serving, which I like. (Click here to see it.) I'm a big fan of the Syntrax Sweets line, and I agree with Tesser, the sweets are better with milk, while the fruity ones are okay in Water. I've mixed the Double-Stuffed Cookie flavor with water, and it's drinkable, just a bit thin and less creamy.

Out of the fruity ones, Caribbean Cooler is probably my favorite--for some reason most of the fruity ones have a scent and aftertaste that remind me of the old penicillin liquids of my childhood.

The almond milk I use is a brand called "SoDelicious", in vanilla flavor, and it has 5 grams of extra Protein per serving, which I like. (Click here to see it.) I'm a big fan of the Syntrax Sweets line, and I agree with Tesser, the sweets are better with milk, while the fruity ones are okay in Water. I've mixed the Double-Stuffed Cookie flavor with Water, and it's drinkable, just a bit thin and less creamy.

Out of the fruity ones, caribbean cooler is probably my favorite--for some reason most of the fruity ones have a scent and aftertaste that remind me of the old penicillin liquids of my childhood.

I'm going to give the almond milk a try...I'll look for it on my next grocery run. I think I'm going to try the Syntrax sample pack also. Thanks for the info!! :)

I was thinking about the chicken broth flavor from unjury also. I'll have to give that a try. What about unflavored Protein? Is it really totally unflavored, or does it have a gross aftertaste? I'd like to be able to make SF Jello with that and be able to add it to savory foods later on.

Unflavored Protein really just means it doesn't have added flavoring; it still has a slight taste to it. I think it works best when added to a food that isn't too bland, that way the protein taste doesn't come through. I have a 1-lb. container of Syntrax Unflavored, and so far I'm happy with it!