Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Now I am freaking the f-ck out

So my insurance approve my surgery today which is the 26th of June. I was a little excited, but then a lady I work with said that there is something wrong, that i was approved to fast and I should have been made to go on a diet and lose weight first that it never is approve that fast. That its strange and weird and now i am paranoid. I started my process May 1st. I have been to one face to face with the surgeon but I have had quite a few conversation with my surgical coordinator. I did the psyc stuff, nutritional evaluation, blood work, chest xray , ekg, saw my doctor, took a health class. I don't have to do the pre-diet stuff for them but I am am doing that on my own, i been slowly starting to cut back on food to prepare. They gave me a date right away is that normal? Now I am freaking out. I am a worrier in the first place and now i am so worried... she in my head.

The lady you work with isn't the expert. Your docs are. They want you to succeed and their process is set for a reason. Trust the doc's office over Office Lady.

Every insurance is different. If ur BMI is 40 or more your approval will be easier.

Don't let her freak you out. Your insurance apparently is on the ball and she doesn't need to add more crap to what you are already dealing with. Chill out and congrats!! Your new life is right in front of you!! :)

This help alot... thanks Ladies, i think she might be jealous a lil... but i don't know. i am very open about my process and she is the first person who freaked me out. I can see why people don't want to tell other about the surgery now.

No the same happened to me I did psych evaluation blood work and that it. The doctor submitted paper work and I was approved within 2 weeks. I have my surgery 11 days later. Don't worry about other and their process cause all insurance companies are different and require different things for different people. Congrats on getting approved.

yay I am happy again Thanks everyone I really love this group!!!!

So my insurance approve my surgery today which is the 26th of June. I was a little excited, but then a lady I work with said that there is something wrong, that i was approved to fast and I should have been made to go on a diet and lose weight first that it never is approve that fast. That its strange and weird and now i am paranoid. I started my process May 1st. I have been to one face to face with the surgeon but I have had quite a few conversation with my surgical coordinator. I did the psyc stuff, nutritional evaluation, blood work, chest xray , ekg, saw my doctor, took a health class. I don't have to do the pre-diet stuff for them but I am am doing that on my own, i been slowly starting to cut back on food to prepare. They gave me a date right away is that normal? Now I am freaking out. I am a worrier in the first place and now i am so worried... she in my head.

I was approved very quickly..met my surgeon April 8th, got my surgery date April 11th for May16th. Did not actually get my approval until the day before surgery May 15th lol. I am sure your gonna be all set!

Awwwh lol trust me the insurance did not make a mistake ... They are not going to pay out over 20k in error ...enjoy&embrace a new beginning for yourself best of luck & speedy recovery :)

Let us know how it goes!! Get the Premier chocolate shakes from Sam's or costco. They have 30 grams of Protein and taste the best out of all of them!!

Cory your timeline sounds right on par with what I went through. Had seminar and first consult with surgeon on 02/27 and sleeved on 04/30. Have BCBS...no 6 month waiting period and I had a few co-morbidities. Congratulations on the surgery date and don't let that coworker get you down. You will soon learn who to share your journey with and the rest can all go sit on it.

So my insurance approve my surgery today - lady I work with said there is something wrong, that i was approved too fast and I should have been made to go on a diet and lose weight

Just Corey

that OP is a budinski!!! (msp) :angry:

get this person "out of your head"

you did all the tests the dr required.

insurance approved you!!! :)

if it makes you feel better, call insurance again

mention the diet situation/losing weight pre-surgery

maybe they can send you and official letter, that might ease your mind

all docs are different

per my dr. i did not have to lose weight prior to surgery

some docs do require you to lose 5% of your weight - helps reduce your liver - which helps doc with the procedure

my doc told me not to gain weight, but not necessary to lose weight

congrats on being approved

you are ready to start your new healthier, happier longer life :)

good luck

kathy