Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 22nd is the big day!

That is so nice to have someone to do this with. I start my preop on the 10th of July, I am more nervous about that then the actual operation. Good luck to you too!!!

Thanks CMT - it is very nice...not sure I'd be able to do this without her!!! I'm nervous about the whole thing really, she is doing her pre op now and I see how tough it is. The good thing is, for me anyway, is she'll still be on liquid when i have to start my pre-op diet, so I think that will be easier. I feel kind of bad because she's doing pre-op diet now and i'm still eating chewable food (watching what I eat and trying to break some old habits).

Good luck to you and keep in touch!

Thanks CMT - it is very nice...not sure I'd be able to do this without her!!! I'm nervous about the whole thing really' date=' she is doing her pre op now and I see how tough it is. The good thing is, for me anyway, is she'll still be on liquid when i have to start my pre-op diet, so I think that will be easier. I feel kind of bad because she's doing pre-op diet now and i'm still eating chewable food (watching what I eat and trying to break some old habits).

Good luck to you and keep in touch![/quote']

Sorry it's Crystal I always forget what my user name is. I will keep in touch an good luck to both of you!

Sorry it's Crystal I always forget what my user name is. I will keep in touch an good luck to both of you!

Hey Crystal - Wanted to check in. How are you doing? Can you believe we're a week and 4 days away? My liquid diet starts tomorrow... :unsure:

Hey Crystal - Wanted to check in. How are you doing? Can you believe we're a week and 4 days away? My liquid diet starts tomorrow... :unsure:

Hi, it is awesome you checked in!!! I am doing great! I can't believe it. I started my liquid diet early on Friday the 5th. I talked to another sleeve sister and thought it would be a good idea not to be at work the first few days. 1st 3 days were rough but not horrible. I had already cut out caffeine a month ago so I think that really help with my headaches not being too bad. Now I am a pro and I have already lost 9 lbs. I actually like it . My preop is 2 shakes and a meat and veggie meal at night. I also get 2 SF Jello's, 2 SF popsicles, and 2 servings of broth. They really help in between and my dinners are like fine dining cause the meat and veggies taste so YUMMY!!! I finally had my nutrition class and the post -op diet is much different then a lot of the others I see on here. I am not allowed any dairy until month 6 and no Grains until I have lost 75% of my EBW. And the day I get home I start on Purees for 2 weeks , I am only allowed one shake a day to replace a meal. A bit stricter then I was figuring but I must follow the doctors orders.

How are you doing? What does pre-op consist of for you? Don't worry about it you've got this. After 3 days it is a breeze!!!

Hi, it is awesome you checked in!!! I am doing great! I can't believe it. I started my liquid diet early on Friday the 5th. I talked to another sleeve sister and thought it would be a good idea not to be at work the first few days. 1st 3 days were rough but not horrible. I had already cut out caffeine a month ago so I think that really help with my headaches not being too bad. Now I am a pro and I have already lost 9 lbs. I actually like it . My preop is 2 shakes and a meat and veggie meal at night. I also get 2 SF Jello's, 2 SF popsicles, and 2 servings of broth. They really help in between and my dinners are like fine dining cause the meat and veggies taste so YUMMY!!! I finally had my nutrition class and the post -op diet is much different then a lot of the others I see on here. I am not allowed any dairy until month 6 and no Grains until I have lost 75% of my EBW. And the day I get home I start on Purees for 2 weeks , I am only allowed one shake a day to replace a meal. A bit stricter then I was figuring but I must follow the doctors orders.

How are you doing? What does pre-op consist of for you? Don't worry about it you've got this. After 3 days it is a breeze!!!

Hi Crystal - I'm doing pretty good, just counting down the days..can you believe we are only 5 days out? They say my pre-op plan is liquid only for 10 days, but I can have cottage cheese, yogurt, sugar free Jello or pudding, sugar free popsicles. So my typical day has been a protien Meal Replacement drink for Breakfast, 1/2 c cottage cheese for snack, 1 c chicken broth and a sugar free pudding for lunch, Protein drink for snack, a Meal Replacement drink for dinner, and Jello or popsicles for evening snack. I'm down 10 lbs since starting...the weekend was rough, i kept a headache all weekend and work has been really busy this week, trying to get everythign done to be out for two weeks. I'm feeling pretty good today...it helps that my clothes are a little more comfortable now that i'm down a few pounds. :-) Hope all is well with you, keep me posted. Getting excited about the big day! :-)

Hi! How are you doing? First 3 days were hell! But now it seems everyday gets better.

Hey Crystal. I'm doing great. Actually feel like I haven't even had surgery until time to eat then when I take two bites and am full I remember. Pretty crazy! I'm down 13 lbs since last Monday and a total of 26 since prep diet. Keep me posted on your progress. Wishing you the best!!!

Hey Crystal. I'm doing great. Actually feel like I haven't even had surgery until time to eat then when I take two bites and am full I remember. Pretty crazy! I'm down 13 lbs since last Monday and a total of 26 since prep diet. Keep me posted on your progress. Wishing you the best!!!

That is awesome! Great job! I still have pain :(

Unfortunately I still have to take pain pills which bugs me. Well on a positive note I am down 7 lbs and 20 since pre-op ! Woo hoo!