Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Alright... I've seen threads about Hair loss but didn't pay attention cause I didn't think it would happen to me!! I get all my Protein and Vitamins in and still losing hair! Thank god I had thick hair but its been two months of coming out and I want it to stop! Anything work for anyone??

Alright... I've seen threads about hair loss but didn't pay attention cause I didn't think it would happen to me!! I get all my Protein and Vitamins in and still losing hair! Thank god I had thick hair but its been two months of coming out and I want it to stop! Anything work for anyone??

I've not been sleeved yet and the stress of it all has made me lose a ton of hair! I've been taking 10mg. Of Bioton and fish oil for the past two weeks. Not seeing a change yet. You may wanna try it. Good luck!

I take Biotin but my hair has been falling out for the past two months. Based on what I've read, I am resolved to just letting it run its course. Supposedly it seems to get better about 6 months post op.

I started taking Biotin 3 months before i had surgery and post op the first 3 months i was good. Then all of a sudden one day, about 14 weeks post op I almost started crying when i saw how much hair was in the tub! I am now 22 weeks post op and the hair has not stopped falling out. I had very very thick hair, where if you looked at my hairline it was covered. Now i can actually see my scalp when looking at my hairline and part! And lets not mention all the hair i have to constantly pick up and vacuum up from all the furniture and my bed. Thinking about cutting it pixie short!

I started taking Biotin 3 months before i had surgery and post op the first 3 months i was good. Then all of a sudden one day' date=' about 14 weeks post op I almost started crying when i saw how much hair was in the tub! I am now 22 weeks post op and the hair has not stopped falling out. I had very very thick hair, where if you looked at my hairline it was covered. Now i can actually see my scalp when looking at my hairline and part! And lets not mention all the hair i have to constantly pick up and vacuum up from all the furniture and my bed. Thinking about cutting it pixie short![/quote']

Bea, how much weight have u lost so far?! Wow.... I bet you would look cute with a pixie cut. Good luck sister!

Before surgery I started drinking Biotin & I purchase online nioxin # 4 Shampoo & conditioner My hair was already thinning before surgery , I guess from all the stress post surgery . Lol

But , it has help me lot to maintain from losing lots more . I know it's a bit Expensive . but online u can buy the 33 oz kit for around $40 to $ 50 with shipping

Try Amazon . I also purchase the styling gel , I have Curly hair , this helps it a lot .

Hope this helps

I am 18 weeks out and I started noticing accelerated Hair loss at about 14 weeks. I have a lot of hair so I am not bald or anything, and I always lost some hair everyday, but now I am cleaning my hairbrush everyday and I see lots in the tub and on the vanity when I style my hair. I feel like this is just something I need to get through the best I can. If I get to 6 months and I am still losing like this I will discuss it with the doctor. I take Biotin daily. My nails are growing like gangbusters but I don't know if it is having any impact on my hair.

I have a friend who had bypass in 2005, & she has beautiful thick hair. I was complaining that my hair has become so thin due to Hair loss & asked her if she went through it. She said her hair got very thin, & her hairdresser recommended Nioxin Shampoo, & she said it worked wonders for her. She said she had to order it online as it's not a Walmart supply. I'm ordering it today!!! I want my thick hair back!

I'm 7 months out & my hair has thinned horribly. I have have a friend who had bypass in 2005, & she said she had the same problem. Her saving grace was Nioxin Shampoo. I just googled it, & it can be found at target. I'm getting mine today; I want my thick hair back!!!

I bought hair extensions 100.00 at Sally beauty supply they clip in and out and look great. My hair was do thin. U could see my scalp and they helped me sooo much.

My hair is falling out by the roots, and just lightly brushing it makes more fall out. I fear putting extensions in would add weight to it and make more fall out, including the extensions! Did you have any issure with any of this?

My hair has been thinning for several years, so I take 2,500 mg Fish Oil every day, and 5 mg of Biotin. Since my sleeve surgery six weeks ago, I have switched to 2 MegaRed Krill oil capsules as they are smaller and easier to swallow.

My hairdresser also turned me onto Revita Shampoo and conditioner. It's expensive, but worth every cent as it had stemmed the hairloss. Can purchase on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is_s_ss_i_1_6?k=revita+shampoo&sprefix=Revita.

The Revita conditioner has really made the difference in helping my hair to regrow. As a person with fine hair, I have always used conditioner lightly under the belief that it weighs down the hair. But the Revita conditioner actually makes my hair thicker the more I use. It's available on Amazon also. Finally, Revita makes a minoxidil serum, and an eyelash growth stimulator that I haven't tried yet.

So far I haven't lost any hair as a result of the surgery. Fingers crossed!

Somo friend who got the bypass recenmended me a french pilla made fron Nestle an L'Oreal the name es something like Innova mass capilar anti Hair loss. She saud there were a miracle so i already bought 4 boxes ( 1 per month of treatment). They are expensive but she was so happy that i decided to give it a shot. You can fin them in Amazon but be sure to pick the hair loss ones as thete are many others. Good lucj for us!!!!