Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

drastic stop in weight loss - 3 weeks post

first week i lost 9.9. second week lost 7. third week....1?? this seems like a drastic difference to me since im still eating practically nothing compared to before the surgery...most frustrated, but also confused. i know initially it was Water weight. any other thoughts?

Welcome to the legendary week three stall! Take deep breaths. It'll move again.

Three week stall ... it's not an urban myth .

Google it.

Happens to most everybody. Just stick to the plan, get your Protein and Water in. You will start losing again.

I'm on stage 3b foods, 6 weeks out and stalled. Very discouraging. Eating 800 calories, mostly Protein, and walking daily! Ugh. Lost 20 lbs so far.

Edited by Crash2015

I stalled at week 3. Here I am at week 6 and still at the same weight. I can tell there is a difference in my body shape. Right now the frustration is overwhelming. I am eating on my plan and taking in more Fluid. My friend asked me if I would do it again (the surgery). Right now I am not sure. I hope to see the scale move downward soon!!!

Can be totally normal. A stall at three weeks happens to lots of us. Mine was s week. At 6 weeks o stalled for 3 weeks. I've lost 9 pounds in the last few days. Hang in there. Follow the rules. It will be ok.

I will thanks because I've been a little bummed.

It certainly happens to most, if not all of us.

I know it sure did for me, too.

I go through week-long stretches where the scale doesn't move.....or worse, it moves upward a couple pounds. I can't explain it, either. I'm a fairly early riser even on my days off. I weigh almost daily when I'm up and after I've taken a whiz.

What I've done to mitigate these stalls is to ensure I'm tracking my food intake on my fitness pal or fitbit. Track everything for a week or so and look for areas where you may be getting in calories at levels you didn't realize. A recent example with me was with cheeses and nuts. We'd had house guests over a long weekend and there were many types of Snacks and grazing foods laying around. I didn't have any chips or anything but I did enjoy the cheeses and nuts......and long after the visit was over with. Stuff is very calorie dense and there really is no need for me to snack at this point.

I still have them on occasion, like during the Super Bowl yesterday.....now, I simply count them as meals and measure the portions.

There have been countless "stall" periods for me. I simply stay strict to my plan and try to amp up the daily walking. I've yet to hit 70K steps in a week......but I have recently exceeded 60K. It can be tough on work days.....long shifts and all.

Hang in there and know that even if the scale doesn't move a bit, and you are staying on plan.......there are positive changes taking place in your body. You may even notice clothes fitting loose yet the scale is stuck. It happens to me all the time.

Be your own best advocate.......coach yourself......push yourself......but encourage yourself.

I stalled at week 3. Here I am at week 6 and still at the same weight. I can tell there is a difference in my body shape. Right now the frustration is overwhelming. I am eating on my plan and taking in more Fluid. My friend asked me if I would do it again (the surgery). Right now I am not sure. I hope to see the scale move downward soon!!!

Stalls are a normal, natural, and necessary part of the weight loss process.

Everyone stalls, and just about everyone experiences their first stall about three weeks after surgery.

Just follow your program.

Get in all of your Protein and fluids.

Take your Vitamins and supplements as directed.

Exercise when cleared.

And, stay off the scale!

Embrace the Stall!

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall

I am also in stall.i am 7 weeks op,I lost 15 lbs in first week after that5 lbs in 6 weeks,really worried,just waiting to loose more pounds,if any suggestion,please help...

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App