Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2007 bandsters!

Cute avatar, Zannie!

Ha! Well, I'm a mom to a 2-1/2 & 5-year-old. And that Saggy Baggy Elephant is on the back of every Golden Book (and I read a lot of Golden books :thumbup:)... At 100 pounds down, I do feel rather saggy & baggy and LBT is the place where there are others "just like me" -- which is the whole point of that book, after all. So it seemed rather appropriate as avatars go. :biggrin2:

OK, I keep getting these nag notices that I haven't been here in awhile, so I thought I'd update a bit.

I was banded 2/14/07. It's been a very difficult year for me, but I've lost 60-62 lbs, depending on what day it is.

I went from October to January without a fill, but finally broke down and got one after the first of the year when I realized I had gained 6 lbs. Since January, I've lost 10 lbs. I only have 1cc in my band. I've had as many unfills as I have fills. I'm just one of those people who gets a lot of restriction off very little fill.

However, food has become my enemy. There's very little that I can eat without pain, or getting sick. I eat a lot of Soup, and I do eat a lot of junk food, because I can actually get it down. Low-fat ice cream has saved me more than once.

People who have seen me go through this ask me all the time, "would you do it again?" and I admit...it's a tough question. Yes, the weight loss is good, but what I've gone through in the past year is enough to make me say no...but when they ask if I'll have the band removed, the answer is also "NO" because I couldn't face getting fat again. If I have to live on soup the rest of my life...so be it.

For the most part, my food cravings are gone, but honestly, I'd kill for a cheeseburger! Hamburger is one of those foods that I simply can't tolerate. *sigh*

I really wish I could be one of the cheerleaders for lapband, but I tell people now to really think about this before they do it, because it's not good for everyone...and there's no way of knowing if you're going to be one of those who tolerate it until you get there.

Helen -- I'm sorry to hear you've had so much trouble with your Lapband. I'm definitely one of the cheerleaders for our tool (this is the best thing I've done for ME in a long, long time) and I hate coming across such problem-plagued Bandsters! :wink2: It just doesn't make sense, does it...? Why this tool can be such a blessing to so very many & yet a curse to others at the same time!?! But you ARE right -- no one should contemplate WLS without serious consideration, because it is serious surgery with the risk of some pretty serious complications. Good luck to you with your band as our 2nd year begins...

Suzanne

OK, I keep getting these nag notices that I haven't been here in awhile, so I thought I'd update a bit.

I was banded 2/14/07. It's been a very difficult year for me, but I've lost 60-62 lbs, depending on what day it is.

I went from October to January without a fill, but finally broke down and got one after the first of the year when I realized I had gained 6 lbs. Since January, I've lost 10 lbs. I only have 1cc in my band. I've had as many unfills as I have fills. I'm just one of those people who gets a lot of restriction off very little fill.

However, food has become my enemy. There's very little that I can eat without pain, or getting sick. I eat a lot of Soup, and I do eat a lot of junk food, because I can actually get it down. Low-fat ice cream has saved me more than once.

People who have seen me go through this ask me all the time, "would you do it again?" and I admit...it's a tough question. Yes, the weight loss is good, but what I've gone through in the past year is enough to make me say no...but when they ask if I'll have the band removed, the answer is also "NO" because I couldn't face getting fat again. If I have to live on Soup the rest of my life...so be it.

For the most part, my food cravings are gone, but honestly, I'd kill for a cheeseburger! Hamburger is one of those foods that I simply can't tolerate. *sigh*

I really wish I could be one of the cheerleaders for lapband, but I tell people now to really think about this before they do it, because it's not good for everyone...and there's no way of knowing if you're going to be one of those who tolerate it until you get there.

Hi,

Has your band sliped? Mine did and had to have it unfilled. We waited 9 weeks and had it filled again. Now everything is good and lost 100 pounds, was banded the day after you. If you eat soft of mushy food this will put pounds back on or stgop your weight lost, I know it happen to me. Have you talk with you doctor about what happens to you?

Hi,

Has your band sliped? Mine did and had to have it unfilled. We waited 9 weeks and had it filled again. Now everything is good and lost 100 pounds, was banded the day after you. If you eat soft of mushy food this will put pounds back on or stgop your weight lost, I know it happen to me. Have you talk with you doctor about what happens to you?

Almost every fill has been done under fluro...no slippage. Doc says he can't figure out a reason...I have no symptoms of corrosion. I do need to schedule an endoscopy, which they do yearly anyway.

Well, It was one year for me on 2/27 and I'm fluctuating between 260-270. Since winter hit I've done NO exercise what-so-ever which is my problem, that and not drinking enough Water so I'm on a 12 week challenge to increase both water and exercise.

I go in to see Dr. Morton this afternoon and I DREAD it because I've put on a few pounds since last month's visit.

Tracy

i'm definitely in for an APril challenge. I've joined the gym and need to rev it up...

I would love to get in on an April challange as well. I'm stuck at 207 and would love to be under 200 by the end of april. I also just joined a gym for the first time since the surgery last year. Anyone else?

Ok.. this challenge may seem on the wimpy side but sadly for me.. is really a CHALLENGE....

Week 1 starting March 10

• One bottle of Water on the way to work

• One bottle of Water on the way home from work

• I can have one cup of Decaf coffee and one cup of regular coffee. Whether or not I can have my one cup of regular coffee will depend on whether I drank my bottle of water on the way home the previous day. If not, I can't have it.

• One cup of Herbal tea

• 30 minutes of walking 3 days (Monday/Wed/Friday).

Week 2 starting March 17

• One bottle of water on the way to work

• One bottle of water on the way home from work

• I can have one cup of decaf coffee and one cup of regular coffee. Whether or not I can have my one cup of regular coffee will depend on whether I drank my bottle of water on the way home the previous day. If not, I can't have it.

• One cup of Herbal tea

• 30 minutes of walking 3 days (Monday/Wed/Friday)

Week 3 Starting March 24

• One bottle of water while at work.

• I can have one cup of decaf coffee and one cup of regular coffee. Whether or not I can have my one cup of regular coffee will depend on whether I drank my bottle of water on the way home & at work the previous day. If not, I can't have it.

• One cup of herbal tea.

• 45 minutes of walking 3 days (Monday/Wed/Friday)

Week 4 Starting March 31

• One bottle of water while at work.

• I can have one cup of decaf coffee and one cup of regular coffee. Whether or not I can have my one cup of regular coffee will depend on whether I drank my bottle of water on the way home & at work the previous day. If not, I can't have it.

• One cup of herbal tea.

• 45 minutes of walking 3 days (Monday/Wed/Friday)

Week 5 Starting April 7

• One bottle of water mid morning.

• One bottle of water on the way home from work.

• One cup of herbal tea.

• 45 minutes of walking 3 days per week

• 2 days of yoga or weight lifting

Week 6 Starting April 14

One bottle of water on the way to work

One bottle of water mid morning.

One bottle of water on the way home from work.

I can have one cup of decaf coffee and one cup of regular coffee. Whether or not I can have my one cup of regular coffee will depend on whether I drank my bottle of water on the way home & at work the previous day. If not, I can't have it.

One cup of herbal tea.

45 minutes of walking 3 days per week

2 days of yoga or weight lifting

Week 7 Starting April 21

• One bottle of water on the way to work.

• One bottle of water Mid Morning.

• One bottle of water after lunch.

• One cup of herbal tea.

• 45 minutes of walking 3 days per week

• 2 days of yoga or weight lifting

Week 8 Starting April 28.

One bottle of water on the way to work.

One bottle of water Mid Morning.

One bottle of water after lunch.< /span>

I can have one cup of decaf coffee and one cup of regular coffee. Whether or not I can have my one cup of regular coffee will depend on whether I drank my bottle of water on the way home & at work the previous day. If not, I can't have it.

One cup of herbal tea.

45 minutes of walking 3 days per week

2 days of yoga or weight lifting

Week 9-12

• All the above PLUS 3 bottles of water per day at home on the weekends.

Alrighty,

Had my one year/1 month check up with Dr. Morton. I was there last month, however, Dr. Morton wasn't there to do my 1 year check up so I had to come back today. I wanted to cancel... REALLY bad because I have been able to eat quantity wise more than I should have been able to, and well, lovingxa_heart.gif foodfc_cone.gif, like you do... , I didn't stop until I felt I couldn't fit more inai_chewing.gif. AND as we all know from previous post and doing a 'challenge' Exercise has NOT been happening since last fall. That being said..... well, I gained 2 pounds.. an_angry.gif I have to say I thought it would be a LOT worseaa_smile.gif AND I didn't get griped at by my most wonderful surgeonzd_rainbow.gif.

It's been 1 year and 1 month(on the 27th) and they said I was doing great that up until this point I've had slow steady weight loss so he wanted to check the actual Fluid content in my band. It will hold 4 blah blah's of saline and I was supposed to have 3.3

Basically he went in through my port with a needleah_shock.gif and pulled everything out and I only had 2.8 if he didn't pull up on the stopper & left it relaxed. When he created suction he could make it read 3.2 so, basically some dissipated. At which point we aren't sure so it's possible that when I was filled to 3.3 it may not really have been 3.3 but today.. for SURE I'm a 3.4 and jeezy creezy can I tell, but that's cool. In the past I would lose down to a certain size.. like now, buy some clothes then slowly the weight would creep back on. NOT this time! We fixed the problem and I'm on my way to losing more! YAYwe_star_shooting.gif

The moral of the story.. DON'T cancel your Doc appointments....xl_thumbsup.gif

Babygirl,

How do you consistently loose weight? I had another fill today. 4cc in the 4cc band. Hope this one really works. from the last fill i only lost 3 lbs. Depressing.

Whats the April exercise challenge going to be? I exercised last week 4x. Felt great. Gotta keep it up this week...

My personal challenge for April will be:

first week...burn 450 cals on whatever piece of gym equipment I want 5 times a week

second week...burn 500 cals " "

third week...burn 550 cals " "

fourth week..burn 600 cals" "

I will try to get it all in at once but if I have to I will do a little in the morning, and a little at night. I really want to be under 200 pounds next month!

Anyone can join me on this one at your own pace or target calorie loss.

Synical chick....thanks, you just talked me out of cancelling my DR.s appt.