Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2007 bandsters!

hi guys.

im just peekin in. I got rebanded in May due to a leak and i had to start all over. i SHOULD have gone back in for a fill but a show got in my way. Now im leaving tomorrow to get the first fill since rebanding and i hope to start losing again soon. You guys are doing SO Great. I wish i could say i was too.

On the challenge. ordinarilly i would join in on this, it really DOESNT look so bad. I ride my bike outside on the trails each morning, and walk each evening, but i have to wait on the gym. we had one, it moved and isnt going to be open again for a while.

It sounds wonderful and LOOK AT YALL! you are losing lbs like crazy.

Lizbet, I'm glad to see you. I've been out of here since May, because I just haven't been losing and I'm so discouraged at times. Other times, I'm thrilled that I've lost 54 lbs. I still have 20-30 lbs to go, depending on how I look.

*sigh*

Helen,

54 lbs is amazing. You were banded 2 days before me and have lost a whole lot more. Are you doing beter with the PB? I've been real careful and haven't had one yet. I have slimed a few times, but no vomitting. Don't get discouraged. It will come off. Remember they said a years time to get it off

I'm still having some issues with PBing. It's certainly not as bad as it was, and mostly, I think, to behavior issues. We went to Red Lobster the other night, and I almost lost it from eating too much...it's my favorite restaurant and it was a whole new learning experience. I did keep it down though *beam*

On the other hand, I ate some chips last night, and as if that weren't bad enough, I ate them much too fast and...oops.

I know better!! So why do I still do it? :)

Hello,

I finally started doing some excise for the month of July, boy it's hard to get going and stay with it. I have made it seven days out of 17. How is everyone else doing? Water is good 64oz a day.:confused: I need to get motivated.....

I wanted to introduce myself to the Feb. Bandsters. My name is Shyla and I am a teacher in North Texas. I teach computers at the High School level. :cryPost-op weight was 306 on 2/27/07. First fill was on 5/31/07 was down 34lbs!!! :)I thought I was skinny now!!! or at least alot better health wise. Had my 2nd fill 6/5/07 to 2cc in a 10ccband and was down 53lbs. I have gone from a size 28 to a 20-22 depending on the brand of clothes. Took all of my larger clothes to the consignment shop. Got the letter today that they are worth $500 dollars:clap2:. Can't wait for them to sell so I can buy a couple of new items and maybe a membership to Curves. Finally found out what PB stood for. Have had a few problems with the second fill. Self inflicted by eating toooooo fast:whoo:

I look forward to reading the forum and helping/supporting who I can and getting support as well.:)

Welcome, Skinny! Sounds like you're doing great so far! We have accountability and exercise threads, too, if you'd like to join us!

I wanted to introduce myself to the Feb. Bandsters. My name is Shyla and I am a teacher in North Texas. I teach computers at the High School level. :cryPost-op weight was 306 on 2/27/07. First fill was on 5/31/07 was down 34lbs!!! :)I thought I was skinny now!!! or at least alot better health wise. Had my 2nd fill 6/5/07 to 2cc in a 10ccband and was down 53lbs. I have gone from a size 28 to a 20-22 depending on the brand of clothes. Took all of my larger clothes to the consignment shop. Got the letter today that they are worth $500 dollars:clap2:. Can't wait for them to sell so I can buy a couple of new items and maybe a membership to Curves. Finally found out what PB stood for. Have had a few problems with the second fill. Self inflicted by eating toooooo fast:whoo:

I look forward to reading the forum and helping/supporting who I can and getting support as well.:)

You're doing Great keep it up....... I was giving away my clothes, but stopped. Now I'm saving them for a consignment store also. I was able to finally get into a size 22 yesterday, made me feel much better about my self. Today while looking for a par of pants to wear, I found a par of size 32 pants, held them up and just shook my head; I can't believe it took me so long to get help. I have now had my second adjustment also, I find myself eating to fast causing me great pain or PB too. You're doing wonderful keep it up:clap2:

I HAVE RESTRICTION!!!

this fill i got one and a half cc's and i didnt know it but he had put in five cc's already right after surgery. i have a ten cc (new small ap band) and im diggin this!

unfortunately its also suddenly my TOM and im swollen all up. ill respost in a few days but i can already feel less of me. its good. im ready to start losing.

I HAVE RESTRICTION!!!

this fill i got one and a half cc's and i didnt know it but he had put in five cc's already right after surgery. i have a ten cc (new small ap band) and im diggin this!

unfortunately its also suddenly my TOM and im swollen all up. ill respost in a few days but i can already feel less of me. its good. im ready to start losing.

:whoo:Glad to hear that your new band is working for you. I very happy the surgery went well. Keep me inform of your progress. :clap2:

Okay, August is upon us...it’s time for another exercise challenge!

I’ve heard of a recent study that shows we need a minimum 30 minutes every day or 1 hour four days a week of aerobic exercise for successful, long-term weight loss. Now, I don’t know about the rest of y’all, but I’m not there yet! Building endurance does take time... It’s these monthly challenges BabyGrl1234 started for us Feb’07 Bandsters that keep me striving toward that goal. As our 6-month Band anniversaries are imminent, I hope everyone will join in for August’s challenge.

Just select how often & how long you plan to exercise & then sign on here:

Feb’07 August Exercise Challenge thread

<O:p</O:p

Feb’07 August Exercise Challenge:

Level 1 ~ 3 days a week (14 days)

Level 2 ~ 4 days a week (18 days)

Level 3 ~ 5 days a week (23 days)

Level 4 ~ 6 days a week (27 days)

Level 5 ~ 7 days a week (31 days)

Beginner ~ 20 minutes a day

Moderate ~ 30 minutes a day

Intermediate ~ 45 minutes a day

Advanced ~ 60 minutes a day

Elite ~ 60+ minutes a day

I had my last fill July 5th – and my next (if needed) is supposed to be on the 16th of August. But I’m going in on Thursday (Aug 2nd) for a fluro look-see because something just isn’t right...

:help: Have any of you gotten tighter as time went on…without a fill? :) I’m now not able to eat even 1.5 oz of straight-up soft tuna salad without getting that “oops, shouldn’t have had that last bite” feeling in the center of my chest. Two weeks ago (July 15th, in fact) I was able to eat a full 3oz of tuna salad served on soy-puff chip thingies. It’s not just tuna salad (a mushy for Pete’s sake) that’s filling me much faster in the last week-to-week-&-a-half, either. Nothing comes back up at all, but the pressure is just at that border of discomfort... Not that I MIND having restriction, but why is my band getting tighter without the aid of a fill?

I’m sitting here, having just tried a spoonful of smooth Peanut Butter for dinner (has never caused me a problem before) and I have that pressure in the center of my chest – it’s peanut butter!!!!! I had a Wendy’s Jr. Frosty (treat, not normally part of my diet) last night & it, too, gave me this same chest pressure feeling. Are we or are we not supposed to be able to actually cheat the band with junk like milkshakes?!? Not that I want to cheat it, but what the frig is up if I can’t even have a milkshake without pressure!?!?

I have never PBed (yet – knock on wood), and have only slimed 3 or 4 times since my banding 5-1/2 months ago. So I keep trying to rationalize the chest pressure away...can’t be a slip because I haven’t had actual issues with food!! I’m not even having PROBLEMS now – no slime, no PB, & I can drink Water just fine... And I’ve got great restriction even! But things are tighter now than they were just after the last fill………and so I’m starting to fret a bit.

:) Opinions? :help: (Pardon the cross-post, BTW!)

Hey Suzanne ,

I feel pressure in my chest every time that I eat, after a few bites. Sometimes I have to stop there, other times if I just sit and wait for 5 minutes or so or walk around the pressure subsides and I can eat some more. I definately eat way less than when I was first banded. I was just thinking about that the other day, and my dh said he noticed how much less I eat also. I am especially tight in the am and can barely eat 1 soft cooked egg . It sits like a lump right below my throat, in fact I can feel the band tightness while I'm still in bed in the am, but by supper I can eat somewhat more. My nutritionist suggested to drink warm tea first thing in the am before eating to help the swelling go down. I can even feel tightness sometimes when drinking certain flavored waters like tropicana fruit squeeze.

Hopefully everything is ok, :)and the flouro will tell you what you need to know. Let us know how it goes .

Hi, Well my last fill that I had was on July 24th and I finally feel some restriction. It has gotten tighter this week, could the hot weather make a differance? I sure am loving it though! I haven't lost anything for the last 2 months. Sunnysea