Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2007 bandsters!

I'm also losing some hair. I'm going to look for some Biotin and some Protein paks at the local beauty supply. YIKES!!!

:( What's a "protein pak"...? :) Enlighten me!

I'm also starting to lose more hair, but like others, have more than enough to spare, and it could use some thinning out.

I believe we need some folic acid for our hair loss...there's a nutritionist at my office and I'll verify that tomorrow.

I'm a bit discouraged because I've only lost 8 lbs in the past 30 days. :)

I have a lot of hair, thick hair too and i notice that some of it is falling out. Not in clumps or anything, but in the shower or my brush.. even running my fingers through takes out a few strands. However, I am in desperate need to get my hair cut, it hasn't been cut since before my surgery.. We'll see if that will help it any, I sure hope so!

BTW: I put some pix in the before and after thread - I can't believe the difference in my face.

A Protein pak is a deep conditioner full of protein. You put it on for about 10 minutes, then rinse. I'll let you know what the brand is when I get it. I think it's ION. I usually get it at Sally Beauty Supply.

Zannie,

I went to my PCP this week, he confirmed I was depressed and as a fellow bandster he said that he also had his emotional ups and downs. He asked if I wanted to try Celexa and that he would write up a script, but only if I would take it. I'm on my third day and optimum effect is at 30 days. One improvement prior to going to the doctor, I did get motivated to clean my house. I have a lot of sq.ft and I just broke it down into three days, so I wouldn't be so overwhelmed. I also cooked a meal last night.

Rebecca -- I'm glad your visit to the doc was productive! Good luck with the Celexa. Hopefully you'll be feeling like your old self soon.

I, too, saw my PCP on Tuesday (3-months post-op visit to recheck cholesterol, my only co-morbidity). He ordered a bunch of blood tests to rule out other causes for my blahs. And said it's natural for my(our) body to try to fight the weight-loss any way it can...to think of this as the detox stage while the body resists starvation, and have patience with myself & the process. Over & over again, he told me how proud he was of my efforts -- which was really nice to hear, ya know? :o He also said to remember that this isn't going to happen over night (not that I thought it would) and suggested focusing on a goal a few months from now to relieve some of the pressure to loose, loose, loose. We're planning a week at the Outer Banks this summer (my 2nd vacation in 5 years), so I've thrown myself into that as a distraction. And while I haven't cleaned :(, I did make a delicious dinner the other night (pineapple-teriyaki meatballs with Piña Colada sauce ~ over rice for DH). :hungry: I'm feeling a bit more enthusiastic than I have been, so we'll see if I can keep the momentum going!

Suzanne

I've been on Lexapro since way before surgery....maybe that's what's keeping me from getting the blahs. I am exactly opposite of what some of you have said. I've been VERY motivated to clean my house, and it's cleaner than I think it's EVER been. I also cook quite a bit more than I used to.

I've also seemingly hit a plateau, but I'm pretty sure I can attribute that to the junk I've been eating and possibly Aunt Flo's imminent visit.

I've been on Lexapro since way before surgery....maybe that's what's keeping me from getting the blahs. I am exactly opposite of what some of you have said. I've been VERY motivated to clean my house, and it's cleaner than I think it's EVER been. I also cook quite a bit more than I used to.

I've also seemingly hit a plateau, but I'm pretty sure I can attribute that to the junk I've been eating and possibly Aunt Flo's imminent visit.

Where do you live, Travelgirl? Awh, crap - banded in Kansas. I guess that means you're not available to scrub my house from top to bottom over here in Virginia then, eh? Poop. :biggrin1: I was really pulling for Molly Maids as a Mother's Day present (even though I'm a stay-at-home-mom!!!!), but no such luck! :o:(

Okay, so maybe not cured cured, but my single co-morbidity is gone! :clap2:

For the 1st time in my life, I had high cholesterol at my check-up in November. I’d made that appointment in the 1st place after a scare while camping – my heart began to race uncontrollably & to a frightening degree as I was walking uphill to our campsite while pushing our 2 kids in their stroller. It was the results & the camping, in combination, that brought this surgery to the forefront of priorities. At the check-up, everything came back fine except my cholesterol, which was astronomically high.

Allow me to make a chart:

GOALS Total: 100-199 / Triglycerides: < 149 / HDL: 40-59 / LDL: < 99<O:p</O:p

Me-Nov’06 ……... 268 / ……………… 249 / … fine @ 48 / ….….. 170

Me-May’07 …….. 178 / ……….…...… 137 / ………... 40 / …....... 111

I’m cured! I’m cured! I’m cured!! It’s time to leave for my 2nd fill and I’ve really been feeling discouraged because my diet since Saturday has been just horrible. I’m sure I’ve lost nothing over this week, and I have so far to go… But I’m revved up now…because my co-morbidity is CURED!! :dance:

Okay, so thanks for letting me gush! :humble:

I’m 3-months post-op as of Tuesday & I was hoping to hit 40# by this week, I shall soon see if I made my goal. Remind me of my enthusiasm when I haven’t eaten solid foods for 96 hours and am about to pull out my hair! :(

Suzanne :high5:

.................I got off my butt and and went swimming AND I enjoyed it!

I managed 40 lengths in 25 minutes which I was quite chuffed about as I haven't been in almost a year! Now I just need to keep it up and hopefully see an impact on my rate of weight loss!

I haven't written for a long time, but I was banded on 2/7 and had my second fill today. I felt pretty restricted after the first one for a few weeks, then nothing at all. When I went back for my second doctor visit after my first fill, he told me to come back in a month and he would see if I needed a second fill. I guess by the look on my face, he knew I wasn't happy about that, so he said come back in two weeks. I gave him another look and he scheduled me then to come in today for my second fill. I have a 4cc band and my first fill was 1.5. I'm not sure what it was today, I can really tell the difference. I've lost 40 pounds so far and hope to lose about another 60. I feel a lot better and have more energy than I did pre-op.