Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2007 bandsters!

lizrbit everyone has bad days! The important thing is to pick yourself up tomorrow and get back on track. No one is perfect so trying to hold yourself to those standards will do nothing but hurt you. So you messed up today. Big deal. Just do your best tomorrow.

I have not struggled with my eating until the last week and a half. I called this last Monday to schedule my second fill because I can eat anything and pretty as much of anything at the moment. I could not get in for 2 1/2 weeks so I am just going to do everything in my power to not gain anything. I am just really panicking more than anything because I fell out of control and like I will wake up one of these mornings and be 50lbs heavier again. I know that once I get my fill I will be okay, but any words of encouragement from anyone who has gotten to this point would be great.

Thought I'd jump in here with an update.

I'm down 44 lbs since 2/1/07, 39 of that is since my surgery date of 2/14. I'm wearing size 14 jeans!! Everyone around now is starting to comment on how much weight of lost, and my husband has taken to calling me "Skinny".

My original goal weight was 145 lbs, but I think that's going to end up being too thin on me, so I adjusted my ticker up to 150, so I'm now more than 50% to goal!

I'm actually completely without a fill at the moment and have been since last Saturday when I was PBing every 5-10 minutes. I go tomorrow for a fluroscope fill to see if my band has slipped. Keep your fingers crossed!

Hi! thanks for the encouragement babyg, but its so strange...I had a 12 oz steak last night and four donuts this morning. I have a fifteen thousand dollar investment installed and im wondering why im able to eat this much when im half way filled? i know its a tool, i know head hunger...and yeah ill probably go on liquid diet tomorrow for a few days to try to get control of it again...but ! I shouldnt be able to eat this much eh?

Hi! thanks for the encouragement babyg, but its so strange...I had a 12 oz steak last night and four donuts this morning. I have a fifteen thousand dollar investment installed and im wondering why im able to eat this much when im half way filled? i know its a tool, i know head hunger...and yeah ill probably go on liquid diet tomorrow for a few days to try to get control of it again...but ! I shouldnt be able to eat this much eh?

lizrbit- you and I seem to be following the same path. Slowww losers. I have had two fills and barely restriction. I could eat just as much as I used to (just have to take smaller bites) I called and am going in for my third fill early.

Don't get discouraged, I have seen some folks post that they didnt get their restriction until they were six months out.

Liz and Mel,

I don't think either of you are slow losers, you are doing fine. Let's face it, we have bad days along with the good days. Liz I only like the icing on donuts and cinnamon rolls. I eat the icing and throw away the dough!

You know I think eventually everyone hits their "wow" moment and things become just a bit easier. Mine really was last week at the doctors office when I had only lost 4 pounds in 3 weeks. When he asked me what I hated more, exercising or being fat. It all just started to click with me. Exercise has become something I have to do and want to get done and eating is just not as important anymore. I know that when I am down to goal I can have things like donuts and chips again. Heck I can ahve them now but why stall this weight loss (5 pounds as of Friday and that is just since Monday). Eventually something is going to click with you and it is going to become easier. The head hunger sucks, I have started writing in my journal when that strikes. The exercise, I just do it. Once I am done I am so damn proud. And if I can do it believe me you can too. DO you want a challenge? Start journaling food with me. My nutritionist has me doing that now and believe me I am thinking a lot more about what goes into my mouth since she is going to see it. Do it with me and we can compare notes.

Hang in there you guys, I just got my third fill on Friday and up to that point I was questioning if this band thing was really going to work for me. Well its only been 2 days since that fill and I can tell you that this is definately going to work!! I had to get a slight unfill yesterday cause I was overfilled but now I feel just right but I have tons of retriction and I feel full with very little. I think this will be a good week for me. Just take the fills slowly and it will happen.

Okay well today is my 3 month bandiversary. I am down 44 pounds and feeling pretty good. I got a little bit brave and posted pics in the before and after thread.

Okay well today is my 3 month bandiversary. I am down 44 pounds and feeling pretty good. I got a little bit brave and posted pics in the before and after thread.

:wow2: I just checked out the pics. :clap2: Your DH is right, the change is noticeable in both your body & your face. I know body image is a real kicker, but the progress is showing. You're doing a great job!

When I took my pics at 2 months post-op, I couldn't see even a bit of change despite having lost 31 lbs. But now, at 38#, my mother says she sees it in my face (I don't), and it's obvious that my jeans are too big. I'm hoping I see results in the 3-month pics, though that's not for another 9 days.

Keep up the hard work, Babygrl! :high5: And Happy Bandiversary!

Suzanne

You look fantastic !!!

You can definitely see a difference already! Well done for having the courage to post them on the Before and After thread. I'm going to do that when I've lost 100lbs. For now my pics can be linked to from my signature.

Up until Saturday I hadn't lost any weight for two and a half weeks. Now in 2 days I've dropped 4lbs! I worked out that it was Fluid retention due to lack of Protein. I ate lots of Protein for 2 days and spent 2 days on the loo but it worked!! I now have only 8.5lbs more to lose before I can add a new charm to my Bracelet (I add a new charm every time I lost 14llbs which is a stone to us Brits!). I have 2 so far; a celtic four leaf clover and a ladybird. The next one I want is a silver heart with a blue glaze inset.

(I add a new charm every time I lost 14llbs which is a stone to us Brits!). I have 2 so far; a celtic four leaf clover and a ladybird. The next one I want is a silver heart with a blue glaze inset.

What a great idea. Id like to copy that ...