Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

popcorn, I have always loved eating popcorn. While watching TV I feel like I have to have some. I am sitting here now watching TV and reading these forums. Ate a few grapes, no I was not hungry. I said to myself since i'm still watching TV to get a bottle of Water. Well I popped a bag of popcorn and ate most of it. Now i feel full so I'm throwing the rest in trash can. I'm just trying to figure out if eating popcorn is good or bad for me, meaning can it slow down weight lost? My stomach is now bubbling which is what it did the last few times.

Would like to know how everyone else is doing if eating popcorn or if their doctor's, etc has advised against it? I mean I am now mad at myself I've done so well today should had just gotten the Water, watch the news, shower and went to bed.

I had popcorn for the first time about three weeks ago at a movie theater. Only had a small amount and had no issues. Since that was so positive I went out and purchased some for the house...big mistake. It has not given my sleeve any problems but my mouth went into overdrive. It goes down way to easy and tastes so damn good. I'm making a conscious decision to stop eating it for those reasons.

Omg. I just did the same thing. Dont fill guilty but I'm not buying anymore cc ause itc went down wayy too eady

I had popcorn for the first time about three weeks ago at a movie theater. Only had a small amount and had no issues. Since that was so positive I went out and purchased some for the house...big mistake. It has not given my sleeve any problems but my mouth went into overdrive. It goes down way to easy and tastes so damn good. I'm making a conscious decision to stop eating it for those reasons.

Well that is my thought as well. The first time I had a little at movies no problem. I was happy but then whenever my son popped a bag I wanted some. Just tonight I almost ate a full bag and as you stated went down easy. I have about four more bags and am not buying anymore. My son is with his father for the summer so I will be okay for awhile but need to have a talk with self to say I dont need it nothing healthy in it. Should have stopped after grapes. But now I need to wait before I can have Water. If I had stopped and thought about it I would had remembered I needed to wait 30 minutes to drink.

slimmerplt: when was your surgery?

I think popcorn is a slider food for many of us. I have only had it once or twice post op, but I've relegated it to 'treat' status because it goes down super easily, thus making it easy to eat too much of it.

I don't think there is anything wrong with it technically, although some surgeons don't allow it. My issue with it is that it is basically empty calories. Aside from the Fiber, it's basically a big bowl of carbs.

slimmerplt: when was your surgery?

Surgery was 26 Feb 2013.

I think popcorn is a slider food for many of us. I have only had it once or twice post op, but I've relegated it to 'treat' status because it goes down super easily, thus making it easy to eat to much of it.

I don't think there is anything wrong with it technically, although some surgeons don't allow it. My issue with it is that it is basically empty calories. Aside from the Fiber, it's basically a big bowl of carbs.

I vaguely remember my doctor saying you will be able to eat it later but it has alot carbs. You are so right it is a slider food and I need and will stay away from it in the future. I worked out today for almost 2 hours for the first time and now I feel like i blew it by eating the popcorn and eating so late and close to bedtime.

ok so you are over 3 months out...like others have said, I would suspect when I am that far out I could tolerate popcorn, but it could become a slider food and empty calories...you sound like you recognize that, though...and awareness is a good thing...I aready know that I am one of those types that will allow myself something as a "rare treat"...but then I enjoy it so much that the rare treats become more frequent...and I get right back into poor habits...I don't like that I am like that but again awareness is a good thing