Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

lets be honest, 1 week post op

My responsibility was 1650. The hospitaI set up a payment arrangement for me. I paid 550 down and they will take 97/mo from my bank account. Ask if they will make an arrangement with you...especially since you have 1/2. Don't get down' date=' everything will be ok.[/quote']

Ohh my! Ladee, thank u for your encouraging words! I will call this afternoon and ask for sure!!! Please pray for me and keep fingers & toes crossed!!! ;)

I saw a couple people wrote they had shrimp as cheats, but they were on my soft foods list. Nut said they were good puréed too, but everything sounds gross puréed.

I had filet mignon week 1 soft foods at a banquet. I chewed really well and it went down fine. It was a long night and I forgot to bring something else with me to eat.

I saw a couple people wrote they had shrimp as cheats' date=' but they were on my soft foods list. Nut said they were good puréed too, but everything sounds gross puréed.

I had filet mignon week 1 soft foods at a banquet. I chewed really well and it went down fine. It was a long night and I forgot to bring something else with me to eat.[/quote']

Was that on your 1 week post op? I've been worried all night because of the small bite of spaghetti.

Take it from us with complications that were beyond our control (I had a leak) nothing is worth the risk!!!!! You will have food soon enough, don't push it!

I has surgery on May 28th and for two weeks I wanted to eat sooo bad! I was constantly day dreaming about being able to eat mushy food once I hit week 3. Well here I am, week 3. And let me tell you, it's really not that great. Now that I can eat I don't even want to eat. I just have no interest in it. It was all in my head. You always want what you can't have!

Take it from us with complications that were beyond our control (I had a leak) nothing is worth the risk!!!!! You will have food soon enough' date=' don't push it![/quote']

What are the symptoms of a leak?

I am with everyone else... Why risk it? You have gone through a MAJOR surgery to help you loose weight. There is a major staple line in your stomach that needs to heal completely so the contents of your stomach does not leak into your abdomen. That being said, in week two post-op I had French onion soup... Not thinking I ate the onions, chewed them very well, but was in extreme pain for an entire day and had severe nausea and gastric reflux. It felt like my body was punishing me. I have not deviated from my recommended diet since then!

I was too scared too even try!

I have to admit because I didn't have anything physically to remind me that I just had VSG, not pain, no energy loss, NOTHING, I had to try really hard to remember I was on a post-op liquid diet. Plus, it was Christmas. I found myself picking up Xmas treats and putting them in my mouth! Of course I ended up spitting it out.

Nothing is worth WLS complications. Been there, done that, and never again

I ate some Greek yogurt late in my first week. This was technically against my surgeon's plan, but other surgeons allow it. So I don't really count it ;)

My surgeon and nutritionist said the magic words to me that made me decide that no matter what I will be very strict to their rules "We are very aggressive with our post op instructions, including post surgery stay in the hospital, post op diet, plus more..... the reason is we have never had a leak or major complication and we don't plan on starting now" I figure why take the chance. I am changing my eating habits now, 8 weeks(ish) pre op, I don't want to look back in 6 months and regret that I didn't make the changes and hit the goals I desire so badly. I graduate this next year and I want to feel awesome walking across that stage..... I was inducted into the International Nursing Honor Society a few months ago and looked at the pictures after, and I was very embarrassed.

What are the symptoms of a leak?

For me I didn't realize I had a leak until 10 days after. By then I already had a major abscess and my signs then were fever, chills, vomiting, and major body aches. I ended up in the hospital for a whole week.

I followed my diet exactly as written.. EXCEPT I got confused and ate melted cheese when I was on purees.. I thought it was on the puree part of the diet because a lot of the recipes that people post for purees include melted cheese but when I went back and read my diet again, I saw that cheese wasn't until the next week on my plan. OOPS. But anyway, yeah, I followed my diet exactly except for that little mishap.... and I had a sleeve of steel with no pain, no rejection of any food, nothing... but I still didn't want to chance it.

The worst thing I did was lick the seasoning off of some wheat thins during week 2. But I must say, those wheat thins were delicious. My sweet lab mix was happy to eat the evidence after I licked them.

OMG...my thing week 2 was licking Doritos.

I'm in week 3 post op, sleeved 28/5 and supposed to be on full liquids but have had egg and potatoes well chewed up this week. Really needed to chew something! Haven't had any issues except I felt nauseous when I had Soup and ate too much.