Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

lets be honest, 1 week post op

Well, I dont kno really because I have 2 different list...1 from the doctor and 1 from the hosp. The doc says, that full liquids include puree things such as soft eggs and mashed potatoes....BUT the hosp list reads full liquids is just that ONLY liquids. My doc says at my 2week appt. he will introduce me to soft foods which is AFTER puree, I been really hoping that Im doing the right thing. I can only get 3 spoons dwn anyway, so the rest is all liquids.

Me. I did. Advice, you WILL regret it.

What happened?

I had subway broccoli & cheese Soup watered down. I think that's on my liquids diet but it felt like real food :0)

I know you want to eat- just get you're Protein in & wait a few days. I promise you will feel better.

Why would you want to jeopardize anything? Weight loss aside you could get arak and damage your stomach

I didn't even think about eating 1 week post op! I would have been scared to death!

When I was in the hospital, the nurse told me about a patient who decided to eat Pasta 2 weeks post surgery. The person came into the emergency room with severe abdominal pain and they did everything possible but the patient passed away. They said that his stomach was full of pasta and had caused a leak that couldn't be repaired. The kicker - he was a nurse and should have known better. The story scared me to death and really emphasized the importance of following my surgeon's food plan.

I'm not sure what you mean by regular food. I'm 9 days post-op and have eaten some things that are pretty normal for me and that I would've had pre-op (yogurt' date=' popsicles, hummus, cream of Tomato Soup, etc.) If you're asking who has eaten things that their surgeon and doctors do not want them to eat, I'm sure there are people who slip and eat things they shouldn't. However, the guidelines are there for a reason, and I don't think anyone here is going to encourage doing things that may harm you. If you're struggling, I hope you'll figure out some ways to overcome your struggles, and you're able to make the most of your sleeve. Refuse to make a pattern of your mistakes and move on.

There are many people without insurance coverage or the ability to get financing that would feel privileged to have this surgery. Don't take your tool for granted. :)[/quote']

Foods you have to chew

When I was in the hospital, the nurse told me about a patient who decided to eat Pasta 2 weeks post surgery. The person came into the emergency room with severe abdominal pain and they did everything possible but the patient passed away. They said that his stomach was full of pasta and had caused a leak that couldn't be repaired. The kicker - he was a nurse and should have known better. The story scared me to death and really emphasized the importance of following my surgeon's food plan.

That is SO scary! Thank you for sharing that story. It just makes it real. OP, please follow your DR.s orders! It could be a matter of life and death - not just some extra calories.

Well I have to confess, I took a couple of bites of shrimp BUT chewed them up & spit it out (Gross, I know--but I had to chew something).

Trying to follow my Dr's diet as close as I can. On full liquid phase now so somewhat easier to not go completely crazy. Now that I can eat (watery) grits & cream of wheat-at least I feel like I have eaten something!

I have to keep reminding myself that regular food is just a few weeks away-but that now is the time to focus on healing & preparing to make better choices for the future.

Pass the popcorn!! :-)

I had my sleeve done on Monday. The gas pains are crazy and I'm having a horrible time crushing my meds, they are so bitter. That being said, I'm not hungry but my mouth and mind are. I keep wondering if I made a mistake, but no going back now...