Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm still in the hospital. And I'm misarable

You can always take just liquid Tylenol for pain without the narcotic . Don't go without if you have pain. There are also other pain meds like ultram. You can crush it but its a pill with alittle narcotic in it. Ask your doctor. You get no brownie point in the long run if you suffer. It also slows down your ability to get to walking and working out. Equals in long run slower weight loss. Hang in there.

I feel your pain! I was just released Wednesday evening and I feel miserable. I start gagging even after drinking a sip of Water. It hurts my stomach so bad to get in and out of bed it feels terrible. I puked twice yesterday trying to take my liquid pain medicine (which smells and tastes worse than cough syrup) and boy did that hurt! I'm in so much pain and everytime I drink anything I get sick and get awful heartburn. I'm really hoping this gets easier soon cuz all I feel right now is regret. :(

OMG it's been HELL for me I probably have had 20 oz of fluids today. I'm so nauseous and last night. I took some Tylenol with codeine and OMG you would have thought my insides were on fire. And on top of that I had major heartburn it was so bad that i couldn't sleep all night. I finally sleep from 5 am to 7 am. My heartburn is horrible. I called my doctors office this am and the nurse practitioner just called me back 5 minutes ago. My surgeon is going to call me. They are concerned that my belly feels like its on fire after I took Tylenol and I'm having major heartburn. My incisions hurt too put I don't want to feel like that again so I'm not taking it. I am taking Zofran that dissolve under my tongue and I'm taking metoclopramide for acid reflux and omeprazole for the ulcer reducer. I just feel horrible.

I just got off the phone with my doctor and he upped my omeprazole to twice a day instead of once which is an anti acid. And he moved me to face two of my diet. And he said because I'm so nauseous pain medicine might make it worse so hold off on that. ????I feel Miserable. But all we can do is hang in there. Maybe in a couple of weeks I will be looking back and laugh at this but right now is no joke. I feel so gross.

You are suffering for me, I guess. I've gotten off very easy. Never any nausea, heartburn. At 1&1/2 weeks out pain gone, Bowels and bladder working, and I can get in liquids and Protein.

SO, I want YOU to catch up with me SOON!

You are suffering for me' date=' I guess. I've gotten off very easy. Never any nausea, heartburn. At 1&1/2 weeks out pain gone, Bowels and bladder working, and I can get in liquids and Protein.

SO, I want YOU to catch up with me SOON![/quote']

You are very sweet. I'm trying :(

Hang in there hon! I know it sucks now and it feels like there is no end to this misery but it will get better soon. Keep the faith! I too had horrible nauseous for over a week and spent 8 days in the hospital. Unfortunately I felt sick as soon as I woke up from surgery (apparently 20% of patients with this procedure will get this complication) and the swallow test the next day did not go well the barium took 45 min to get into my stomach because of swelling (good thing all was good with stomach). Well after the test they sent me back to my room with and esophagus full of barium and that coupled with lots of pain meds and nausea caused me to acerbate and I got pneumonia. Was a good few days of in and out of consciousness. 8 days in the hospital sucked but I was grateful for the iV. On the 8th day I was able to go home and had a pic line (iV for nutrients and fluid) I had to hook up 10 hours a day while I slept and had a home health nurse for a week and then an additional week of just fluids. I was lucky in a way that I could take my time taking in food and liquid and testing the Water and did not have to worry about dehydration. I definitely did not think all of this would happen to me but I'm 3 months out, have lost 45#s and can eat and drink about everything. So with this said I believe you will get better and achieve your goals just a rocky start! I too had zophran and a phernergan (one being the patch). How are you doing today? I don't think forcing yourself to eat or drink is going to solve this. My Dr said its like a switch just one day you wont be sick but he also said if I got dehydrated it could bring all the nausea back with a vengeance. If your not better hopefully your Dr can put you on an iV. Sending good thoughts your way!

OMG, Zen I'm so glad you made it through such a rough ordeal. They gave me some sort of steroids to minimize the swelling inside because I could keep anything in and I too had the ear nausea patch but it didn't do me any good. My doctor did say there's 1 out of 50 cases that will have nausea the first month or 6 weeks post op. ( I happen to be one of those lucky ones ) today I'm 8 days post op and last night was the first night I actually slept through the night. But I'm still having a hard time keeping fluids in. I can do 24-28 all day. And that's it. My doctor did switch me to the second phase when I was releases from the hospital. But all I can drink is the Premium Protein Shakes. It takes me almost two hours to drink one. But I'm doing it. Thank you for your encouraging words. And Congrats on your weight loss Tomorrow will be the first time I weight in since the surgery. I'm excited !

So happy to hear your doing a bit better and you were able to sleep through the night! I swear it will alllllllllllllll be so worth it! Do what you can but don't hesitate to call the Dr and know the signs of dehydration. I'm surprised they have not put you on an IV what's the minimum Fluid you should take in? Remember nausea is worse when you are dehydrated. Will you dr let you come in to hook up to iV one day (not admit)? My Dr was very conservative when it came to keeping me on the iV which in the long run I'm glad about. Hope you don't mind my advice just want to help if I can. Oh btw I was on the patch and a pill for anti nausea not sure if u r too. Take care and let me know how your doing. If you want to talk message me. I've been there.

Had to stay an extra night in hospital because of nausea. Pretty bad heartburn, but seems to subsided with my omeprazole. Loritab suspension is working great. Trying to walk as much as possible. passed a clot through my drain last night. Nasty! Got drain out today before I went home. I feel really really bloated. ugh. Trying to get as many fluids as possible in. Protein is so incredibly filling...hoping to get more in tomorrow. Only got 8gms in today. Going to push for at least 20 tomorrow. Drank 6 cups of Fluid today. going to really push for 8 tomorrow. ugh this is tough!

Hang in there. I was sleeved last Tuesday and u was dry heaving like horrible. I never took pain meds they gave me zophran in iv and i went home with it. I took it for the next twin.days and i had the patch behind my ear. I was still not able to keep hardly anything down. I was much better by Friday and continue to get better slowly. It has nite been as easy as i hoped. But it sounds.like it could have been worse. Hang in there and in a few weeks it will all be behind u.

Sprinkles13, how are you feeling now?

Thank you guys for lifting me up. I saw my surgeon today for my 9 day post-op and I only lost 4 lbs since my surgery and when they did my vitals, I had low blood pressure, my doctor said I was dehydrated, so they attempted to start and IV line there at doctors office. (I've been taking all of my meds levaquin shots, omeprazole, zofran, and metoclopramide ) After 9 tries later, even my surgeon tried but no luck. My veins kept collapsing I ended up in the ER with two bags of fluids. When I got home this evening I was feeling nauseous but i thought maybe i needed my zofran, i couldn't in. I've been throwing up for the past 3 hours. If I this doesn't stop. I'm afraid I'm going to have to go back to the ER.

I know this are just small bumps on road, but it's been really rough for me and i understand everyone is different but the sad part is you don't know until you get there. I sometimes wish I could have a fast- forward button. I know this too shall pass.

Thank you guys for lifting me up. I saw my surgeon today for my 9 day post-op and I only lost 4 lbs since my surgery and when they did my vitals' date=' I had low blood pressure, my doctor said I was dehydrated, so they attempted to start and IV line there at doctors office. (I've been taking all of my meds levaquin shots, omeprazole, zofran, and metoclopramide ) After 9 tries later, even my surgeon tried but no luck. My veins kept collapsing I ended up in the ER with two bags of fluids. When I got home this evening I was feeling nauseous but i thought maybe i needed my zofran, i couldn't in. I've been throwing up for the past 3 hours. If I this doesn't stop. I'm afraid I'm going to have to go back to the ER.

I know this are just small bumps on road, but it's been really rough for me and i understand everyone is different but the sad part is you don't know until you get there. I sometimes wish I could have a fast- forward button. I know this too shall pass.[/quote']

I'm so sorry you are still having such a rough time. I hope you've stopped vomiting - if not, it may be worth a trip back for a phenergan injection. Take card and know that people are thinking of you and wishing you well.

Thank you guys for all the encouragement and positive energy.

I was released this afternoon after I could take two bottles of Isopure. I feel a lot better. My doctor switched my meds. Since we tried the liquid suspension of lortab the night before . I had a reaction to it. I broke out had shortness of breath and I was sweating profusely it was the worse feeling. So he switched me to Tylenol with codeine except when I take it it feels like fire inside me. So I think I will pass on pain meds and let it run its course. I still have to do my shots to prevent blood clots and those aren't to bad. Day four four post-op :( I pray for better days. Thanks again for all the good advice. I truly do appreciate it.

Everyday will get a little better. I am 14 days post op. make sure you take Pepcid AC first thing in the morning to help your stomach

Thank you guys for all the encouragement and positive energy.

I was released this afternoon after I could take two bottles of Isopure. I feel a lot better. My doctor switched my meds. Since we tried the liquid suspension of lortab the night before . I had a reaction to it. I broke out had shortness of breath and I was sweating profusely it was the worse feeling. So he switched me to Tylenol with codeine except when I take it it feels like fire inside me. So I think I will pass on pain meds and let it run its course. I still have to do my shots to prevent blood clots and those aren't to bad. Day four four post-op :( I pray for better days. Thanks again for all the good advice. I truly do appreciate it.

Everyday will get a little better. I am 14 days post op. make sure you take Pepcid AC first thing in the morning to help your stomach