Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yup

I'm Jewish! I was sleeved on June 7th and I'm already a bit nervous for the holidays. One thing that Jews know is how to cook!

Did anyone have chopped liver during pureed stage? Liver has a lot of Protein but also cholesterol... regardless I will ask my NUT.

I am Messianic Jewish~ ..... and a Coyotes Hockey Fan!!! :D Two out of my Three boys are going to camp in a few weeks- Camp Gilgal- Jews4Jesus! WhooHoo!

I'm 1 1/2 years out of surgery and have already to two Pesachs, one round of each of the other holidays, and three shiva houses. Whew. We are not frum, but do keep Kosher :)

I am an observant Jew and having surgery on Feb. 5. 3 days after my youngest child's Bar Mitzvah. Anyway, I have finally found a kosher Protein shake, but would love to hear about others. I am also having to host Pesach just 2 months post-surgery. I will do everything the same I guess, but eat what I have to.

Do people actually count "Messianic Jews" as actual Jews? (unless they are Jewish by halacha, of course)

Not being able to eat brisket, knishes, or challah is starting to grate my nerves!!

Edited by Tikvah

I'm not sure that a messianic Jew is actually a Jew.

As for me, I consider myself to be reform.

Yeah, my Rabbi said they are definitely not Jews (unless Jews by Halacha), and are a sect of Christianity.

I also consider myself to believe in the Reform tenants. I go to a conservatively ran Reform shul.

Edited by Tikvah

California Jew here (originally from NJ)! My fiancee and I aren't frum but we do a traditional Shabbat meal most weeks. Giving up wine is making me sad. I don't enjoy grape juice! Giving up challah is also making me sad. I have to commit 100% to a healthy pre-op diet, though. I know that if I bust out 2 challahs, I'm going to overeat. Brisket? How long 'til I can eat brisket again?!?! I've given up Desserts, too. I'm trying to lose the required 15 pre-op lbs and it's extra hard on Friday nights.

On holidays, we are with all different kinds of Jews, so kashrut is based on who is in attendance.

Lately we've been leaning more towards Israeli/Mediterranean food for weeknight dinners.

I have Kedem Grape juice and Challah twice a week (Erev Shabbat and Shabbat morning), but only enough to fulfill the Mitzvot. Have yet to have an issue with my stomach and the Challah yet. I only make one Challah to prevent overeating (I'm sure HaShem would understand!).

I'm about 10 weeks post op and have had Corned Beef multiple times (from probably about week 7 til present), so I imagine that my braised Brisket won't be too much of a problem. I'm saving the test til Pesach though.

Those midweek dinners sound interesting. Any examples?

I'm looking forward to going to Israel this summer and expanding my palate (but not my waistband).

Edited by Tikvah

I am Jewish ✨????