Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im 6 days post opand I weighted myself on a old scale that was in my in laws and I lost ONLY 1 damn lb!!!!..I feel like **** cause im following the full liquid diet to a T..n no results..what can I do???

Im 6 days post opand I weighted myself on a old scale that was in my in laws and I lost ONLY 1 damn lb!!!!..I feel like **** cause im following the full liquid diet to a T..n no results..what can I do???

Have you weighed yourself before this post op? I gained about 10 pounds from surgery due to IV fluids and it took several days to lose it. This could be an explanation.

Water retention is very normal post-op as they pump you full of IV liquids. Give it some time. Just keep telling yourself, "water & protein". The lbs will be flying off before you know it! Some say to stay off the scale but I can't give advice that I wouldn't follow. ^_^

I also gained 10 pounds from fluids. You are probably retaining Water. You need to give your body a little more time to adjust. I didn't see any loss right away either.

Yup, I gained 10 pounds from the fluids also. I didnt start seeing the numbers go down till around the 2 week mark which made me happy but then I hit the 3 week stall which made me homicidal :) But then after the stall, I saw the numbers go down continuously except for the repeated stalls. Just keep being good to your sleeve.

Me too, me too! I guess it's 'normal'!?

I also gained weight but also you can't compare your weight from one scale to another...that scale may be off and won't give you a correct weight anyway! That weight I gained from the surgery disappeared after a few days. Just keep up the good work!

Have you weighed yourself before this post op? I gained about 10 pounds from surgery due to IV fluids and it took several days to lose it. This could be an explanation.

Yes I did..Sw was 306 n today I was 305..I hope its just Water weight ..thank you everyone for the feed back

I gained over 20 pounds of Fluid in the hospital. One week out I still wasn't where I started. By two weeks it was surpassing my initial weight. Nurse told me it could take 3-6 weeks to have the Water weight move through.

Honey you are still recovering its normal to not lose a whole bunch right after surgery. Re weight in like 2-3 weeks once you can move more and walk it will come off be patient. Only 1 damn pound is better than a pound gained I know its really hard to be patient. Jut focus on getting better best of luck.

Your body has just been through something extremely traumatic. Give it time to heal...you have plenty of time to be worried about stalls down the road...just slow down and let yourself heal right now.

Also it could be the scale... Sometimes they vary. The only way to really know is to have weighed on that scale before surgery.... Especially since you said it was an old scale. Good luck!!!

I gained over 20 pounds of Fluid in the hospital. One week out I still wasn't where I started. By two weeks it was surpassing my initial weight. Nurse told me it could take 3-6 weeks to have the Water weight move through.

I gained 11 pounds in hospital due to the IV fluids! On surgery date Wed 6/26, I weighed 322, Released yesterday Fri 6/28 I weighed 333!! Been walking and sipping, and peeing....tonight my scale showed 330, down 3# in one day ....will keep going I know it will come off but the swollen feet at night, or after sitting a couple of hours REALLY bother me...anyone else have these problems?

I gained 11 pounds in hospital due to the IV fluids! On surgery date Wed 6/26, I weighed 322, Released yesterday Fri 6/28 I weighed 333!! Been walking and sipping, and peeing....tonight my scale showed 330, down 3# in one day ....will keep going I know it will come off but the swollen feet at night, or after sitting a couple of hours REALLY bother me...anyone else have these problems?

When I retain at all my right ankle always swells and it hurts. It will pass but it might take some time. Hang in there! I tried to walk around every 30-45 mins to decrease the swelling. Unfortunately, there was only so much I could do. :wacko: Swollen feet are the pits! I wasn't nearly as swollen as after my csections, though. I was very thankful for that.

Thanks Christine! I just drank too much too fast, hurt so bad! My feet were still a bit swollen this afternoon, so I went for a 20 minute walk....tired but my stomach and feet feel better!! Swelling went down and liquids moved through, thank God! Thanks for your encouragement!!