Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I sometimes find myself thinking the fat girl clothes are much cuter than the regular size clothes and get irritated. But then I remind myself of how much healthier and and better I feel. #fatgirlbraininfulleffect lol

Ok Ladies I need some help. I love love love love to shop! On a recent shopping trip for some necessities for my 2 boys I decided that I will pick up some items for my post-surgery weight loss. I was looking to buy some clothes from a size 24 down to a 16. Just a few items nothing serious. As I was skimming through the smaller sizes I could not wrap my mind around that I may possibly be in those size 20, 18, or 16 pants and found myself so stressed out that I said forget it and just purchased some summer items in my now size 24. Once I arrived home I was down in the dumps about not being able to wrap my mind around purchasing smaller clothing. Have any of you ladies ever had this happen? If so, how can I get past this?

Please inform me if I am jumping the gun on shopping as I will not be sleeved until Sept. 23.

Thanks for the advice,

Rashaun

OMG - I am certain most, if not ALL of us can identify with this. I still hold up my jeans after coming out of the dryer and think "NO WAY, they've shrunk" I'm serious!!! When I was just post op, Victoria's secret had their special, 6 for $25, something like that and I stepped OUT of my comfort zone and onto a limb. I got 6 pair of MEDIUMS!!!! I kept them in the bag, wrapped in the tissue paper and would look at them every so often. I was wearing an XL, the high cut ones, and they fit, they were NOT loose at all. :) These I got were bikini.....I really did think I was being overly optimistic, but my youngest daughter wore a M and if I never could, she could. I wore the others till they were falling off. I threw them away and went straight from the XL to the M - talk about a NSV!!!!!!! This is not a diet and you HOPE you'll do it, girl, you WILL do it and you WILL be in the size you got...and I'd bet money you will end up in a smaller size than that. Have fun!

I started out in a 26/28 and I'm in a 20/22 now (honestly the 22's are too big but I haven't had the time to replace them) and I actually have a pair of 18's that I got on, buttoned and zipped yesterday. They are tight and I'm not fixing to wear them in public but I GOT THEM ON!!! I was telling my husband last night that even already it seems strange to look at my "new" clothes and at how much smaller they look. I seriously was only in a 22 for about 3 weeks and I've been in 20's for about a week and some of them are already getting baggy. I wore a pair of 20's on Monday that I pulled the tags off of on Monday. They had been hanging in my closet for a couple of years, I found them when on one of my previous diets for like $5 at Lane Bryant so I bought them knowing I'd "get into them one day". Anyway, I had a lady tell me on Monday, the day I wore them for the first time, that I needed to go shopping for some new pants cause those were too big. I very rarely buy anything that I can wear right now because I am going through it so quickly. I buy things a size or two too small if I find a SUPER good sale. I also shop at resale stores and Goodwill and, like you said, you can find some great stuff there. I know you are excited but trust me, the time will come when you are buying clothes way more often than you ever imagined! I have a HUGE bag of clothes to sell at the resale store tomorrow from before surgery and you will have one of those before you know it too!

I just packed up my 22/24 stuff to take to the local resale shop. I had a hamper filled with stuff. I have a small wardrobe for summer, but it will get me through for a while. I have lost 23 pounds, and have already dropped 2 clothing sizes. Being in FL I had an entire drawer of bathing suits that are all too big now. I will give them to my mom. While I'm excited to get into smaller sizes it was hard purging the closet this week. I gave up some favorites, but my family has made the comment that I look like a bad lady. I discovered my local salvation army thrift store has 1/2 off days and I found some GREAT deals there.

maybe buy ONE special jean/certain size that you will look forward to wearing :)

kathy

That is exactly what I will do. I am going to purchase something I love in a smaller size and set that as one of my goals. Thanks

Uhm, when I started I was a 24/26 pants and 2x top. After surgery the the sizes kinda just flew downward.. but let me tell ya it's great not to have to pay $50 bucks for a pair of pants in Lane Bryant!

I can shop anywhere! Clearance racks here I come!

I am currently a 12 pants m/L top and I have 30lbs to go!

I love a bargain and yes although at this time Lane Bryant is one of my favorite stores I look forward to not spending the what I spend now.

I sometimes find myself thinking the fat girl clothes are much cuter than the regular size clothes and get irritated. But then I remind myself of how much healthier and and better I feel. #fatgirlbraininfulleffect lol

I also get upset when I look through my closet and realize "I have to give all my very stylish fat girl clothes away." But I think about the clothes vs. living a healthy lifestyle and one day conceiving a child. The future is looking bright.

OMG - I am certain most, if not ALL of us can identify with this. I still hold up my jeans after coming out of the dryer and think "NO WAY, they've shrunk" I'm serious!!! When I was just post op, Victoria's secret had their special, 6 for $25, something like that and I stepped OUT of my comfort zone and onto a limb. I got 6 pair of MEDIUMS!!!! I kept them in the bag, wrapped in the tissue paper and would look at them every so often. I was wearing an XL, the high cut ones, and they fit, they were NOT loose at all. :) These I got were bikini.....I really did think I was being overly optimistic, but my youngest daughter wore a M and if I never could, she could. I wore the others till they were falling off. I threw them away and went straight from the XL to the M - talk about a NSV!!!!!!! This is not a diet and you HOPE you'll do it, girl, you WILL do it and you WILL be in the size you got...and I'd bet money you will end up in a smaller size than that. Have fun!

I have not worn a bikini cut panty ever!!! Lingerie shopping will be exciting!

I have not worn a bikini cut panty ever!!! Lingerie shopping will be exciting!

I bet bikini cut panties are in your future!!! You'll love shopping for lingerie!!! Good luck!!!

I bet bikini cut panties are in your future!!! You'll love shopping for lingerie!!! Good luck!!!

Yes they are!

This is such a fun topic - I never imagined that I would be looking forward to buying cheap clothes, but I really am.

I am also. I have already googled every thrift store within a 30 mile radius.

I can totally relate. I started off 22/24 and now I'm in a 16. I bought a black capri and blue Capri for the summer a few weeks ago. Now they're already fitting me loose and the summer hasn't even started. After washing the clothes, when I pull them out of the dryer or I'm packing to go on a trip, I wonder if they shrank in the dryer?!? There's no way these clothes will fit me! But they do, and are getting loose! It's so bizarre!

Good idea holding off. I do alot of clearance shopping or sales rack cause one month you are one size the next another. As for mindset it was hard for me. I was a size 22/24 now a size 14 almost 12. Lane Bryant is now too big for me but I still look there. When I went to try on dresses I got an XL and my mom was like you aren't in that size any more you are a M. It is hard to wrap my head around it till I look in a mirror. The worst is when you are between sizes. Where 16s are too big but 14s are too tight. I invested in a belt. Also I purged my closet of all my old clothes. It was upsetting because I loved those clothes but it was hard to let go of my wardrobe. I think cause I am still transitioning and haven't been able to build my own yet. But wait till you are in dressing room trying on a size you thought you would never be in. Or a store you always wanted to shop at and you can finally shop there...it is a great feeling

Ok, I have a crazy question-what is a "normal" size. Meaning what is a size that you can pretty much buy in any store? I am pre-op and honestly know I can do this in terms of losing the weight, but I never feel like I will be shopping for "normal" clothes. I just keep praying that I will make it there! I have NEVER been able to shop in a store that doesn't have plus size clothes, so I have no idea what sizes the normal stores have!