Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My beautiful Hair.. People that have been thro this. plz help

I am sheding like crazy.. lossing soooo much hair for about the last month. does anyone have idea's to stop this. or can tell me what is going to happen. what the time period is. & if it will ever stop?... anyone with anything, plz share your exsperince & advice with me :) I knew this was a possibility but now that its here I'm very sad about it

thank you

Save the hair and make a wig. The damage is done need more protien in first weeks after surgery some have said more protine now helps.

I am sheding like crazy.. lossing soooo much hair for about the last month. does anyone have idea's to stop this. or can tell me what is going to happen. what the time period is. & if it will ever stop?... anyone with anything' date=' plz share your exsperince & advice with me :) I knew this was a possibility but now that its here I'm very sad about it

thank you[/quote']

Mine has been falling out for like 3 months and hasn't stopped. It is pretty depressing but I just try and stay positive and think I rather lose my hair, it grow back then b miserable and fat. I just think I love my new body and my hair will eventually grow back. ( and let me just say I love my hair I have had the same long hair that is right above my butt for the past 13 yrs... I hate cutting my hair cus it always takes so long to grow back... )

How far post-op are you? Deep breaths

I am 8 months out, it stopped last month for me. I know it's hard, every time I would dye my hair, clumps would come out in my hands...

Good Luck..

How far post-op are you? Deep breaths

I am 8 months out' date=' it stopped last month for me. I know it's hard, every time I would dye my hair, clumps would come out in my hands...

Good Luck..[/quote']

I'm 7 months out and 2 this day it's still falling out.

I'm 7 months out and 2 this day it's still falling out.

Sorry :(

Once you can all get enough Protein into your diet IT WILL GET BETTER!! It isn't going to be easy as you are going through it, but not much about this journey is. I'm a year and a half out...check out my picture...I've got plenty of hair!! I used to take a hair, nail and skin supplement religiously. I take them when I think of it now. Maybe try a supplement like that. Like anything else, it works for some and not for others.

It's very hard, but try to be patient. You feel like you will go bald, but you won't!

I'm almost 6 months out and it's slowing for me. I suck at getting Protein and I take Biotin and that gives me great nails, but didn't help with Hair loss. Try to ride it out. I've never seen anyone post that they went bald. :D

Mine shed months 5 - 9. Now the shedding is back to normal. But, I do feel as though my hair still isn't 100%. It still seems dry and brittle but it is getting better day by day.

Mine started about 6 weeks ago. I was sleeved on January 14. I just finally had to get it cut off. The hair balls in my brush daily were depressing me. Now that it's short, it's nowhere near shedding like it was...my profile pic is before...here is me now...

CrysHair

I had that talk with my doctor - he said its just part of WLS - it's temporary and things will go back to normal. But in the mean time he said to try Follicle Nutrient Serum by Osmotics Brand or some similar scalp treatment.

I just ordered mine - hoping it will work.

share your exsperince

bigchange

everything has to be put into perspective - i totally get it that you/or anyone else doesn't feel great about losing their hair

15 years ago - breast cancer/chemo got rid of all my hair for months

BUT - Hair loss was my main side effect

like OP said hair will grow back

never experienced vomitting

i was nausious though :angry:

but the other side effect of the chemo - is i am alive and well - here to tell you my story :)

i know there are many others here that have gone through similar health "issues"

if hair loss is the main "problem" in order to lose our weight and get healthy

I say its worth it all :)

bald is beautiful ;) :lol:

kathy

Mine started about 6 weeks ago. I was sleeved on January 14. I just finally had to get it cut off. The hair balls in my brush daily were depressing me. Now that it's short, it's nowhere near shedding like it was...my profile pic is before...here is me now...

It looks nice!

thanx everyone.. makes me feel better that no one has actually clamed to completely going bald!. just a whole lot of shedding.. so I guess I'll just ride this part out. I am 5 months out. & have been taking Shakeology since day one.. a Protein Shake good for hair, nails & skin.. but can't prevent everything.. sounds like it only last 3 months or so.. I hope!!

bigchange

everything has to be put into perspective - i totally get it that you/or anyone else doesn't feel great about losing their hair

15 years ago - breast cancer/chemo got rid of all my hair for months

BUT - Hair loss was my main side effect

like OP said hair will grow back

never experienced vomitting

i was nausious though :angry:

but the other side effect of the chemo - is i am alive and well - here to tell you my story :)

i know there are many others here that have gone through similar health "issues"

if hair loss is the main "problem" in order to lose our weight and get healthy

I say its worth it all :)

bald is beautiful ;):lol:

kathy

Your story meant a lot to me... God bless you