Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Butterflies and Rainbows with our American Drs.

I don't believe the big deal is the "original comment", maybe one ruffled feather may be the fact that you continue to post this same question, over and over again. And although, you may not be the "only" one who poses this question, but it seems questionable as to why you keep posing the same question?

You know, I rarely post on here but I just have to say something. I think it's a little sad that you felt the need to make a post like this. I didn't have $13,000 or more to spend & my insurance doesn't happen to cover this procedure. I researched the heck out of going to MX and looked over hundreds of posts about people's experiences with their drs in MX. It really helped me to make my decision & to choose my doctor, especially when I was making such a big decision about not only having this surgery, but having it in a whole other country. Shame on you for trying to make people feel bad about sharing their experiences...

My intent is NOT to make anybody feel bad. I understand not having the money to pay out of pocket, not everyone can do that or get financing, BUT......many, if not MOST of us have our doctor listed in our "signature" - we can send anyone a personal message to ask about a specific doctor. It doesn't have to become a topic, do you see the difference? I have had a few people send me a message, asking me about my doctor. I'm happy to tell them, although I am probably not going to use all 10,000 of my words today, doing so. A "letter of recommendation" doesn't have to go into the rooter to the tooter detail for someone to hear what we are saying and I always, ALWAYS tell people about one other doctor that I personally know patients from meetings, that have used him.

I don't believe the big deal is the "original comment", maybe one ruffled feather may be the fact that you continue to post this same question, over and over again. And although, you may not be the "only" one who poses this question, but it seems questionable as to why you keep posing the same question?

I'm not sure what you mean by questionable. You'd have to explain. Over and over again, huh? Are you reading my other posts on other topics? I am not the only one, you're correct and I am not really asking a question in most, just making statements and posting my opinion.

My intent is NOT to make anybody feel bad. I understand not having the money to pay out of pocket, not everyone can do that or get financing, BUT......many, if not MOST of us have our doctor listed in our "signature" - we can send anyone a personal message to ask about a specific doctor. It doesn't have to become a topic, do you see the difference? I have had a few people send me a message, asking me about my doctor. I'm happy to tell them, although I am probably not going to use all 10,000 of my words today, doing so. A "letter of recommendation" doesn't have to go into the rooter to the tooter detail for someone to hear what we are saying and I always, ALWAYS tell people about one other doctor that I personally know patients from meetings, that have used him.

But a recommendation can be however the poster wants, too! You leave the policing up to the admins. For ****$ sakes.. being an antagonistic b i t c h is very unbecoming and quite ugly.

But a recommendation can be however the poster wants, too! You leave the policing up to the admins. For ****$ sakes.. being an antagonistic b i t c h is very unbecoming and quite ugly.

Some might think you are the same. You know what they say, birds of a feather, flock together.....and here you are. So you can post your humble opinion and say anything nasty you want, but when I post, I am policing. Ok, I'm getting the picture. It's very unbecoming and ugly. Lol

I don't understand all the venom. There was a very similar post earlier today that posed almost the exact question - maybe in a softer tone but the core of the discussion was the same. No one attacked that poster and called them hateful names. Instead, another thread was started to the creator of this site looking for solutions......

I gotta say, I typed out a very long, and not so nice response.. then deleted it

Not worth it.

I gotta say, I typed out a very long, and not so nice response.. then deleted it

Not worth it.

:(

Well I will just say that I am glad when someone is happy with their doctor/experience no matter where the went. I am VERY happy with my experience in the states I will say though. I was lucky enough for my insurance to pay all but $2500. we're all not that lucky.

I don't understand all the venom. There was a very similar post earlier today that posed almost the exact question - maybe in a softer tone but the core of the discussion was the same. No one attacked that poster and called them hateful names. Instead' date=' another thread was started to the creator of this site looking for solutions......[/quote']

This is just another step in a lengthy journey that the OP has deemed necessary to bad mouth and act better than the rest of the sleevers who aren't as successful, American, Texan, etc.

The "venom" is frustration from other posters who are tired of the OP having nothing but terrible to say about other people.

This is just another step in a lengthy journey that the OP has deemed necessary to bad mouth and act better than the rest of the sleevers who aren't as successful' date=' American, Texan, etc.

The "venom" is frustration from other posters who are tired of the OP having nothing but terrible to say about other people.[/quote']

That may be the case or maybe I just don't pay enough attention. I dont read every thread on here. But I do know there is a certain amount of elitism on this forum as well as double standards. Either way I don't think the hateful name calling is appropriate

This is just another step in a lengthy journey that the OP has deemed necessary to bad mouth and act better than the rest of the sleevers who aren't as successful, American, Texan, etc.

The "venom" is frustration from other posters who are tired of the OP having nothing but terrible to say about other people.

You obviously haven't read the majority of my over 1400 posts over the past three and a half years. I have nothing but terrible things to say about other people? Seriously? Stop being a victim and spreading nasty rumors. If what you say about me is true, then others don't need you to point it out.

This post seems so petty. Why do you feel the need to be so glib about the positive experiences people have had with their Mexico based surgeons? WLS provides the perfect recipe for Medical Tourism thanks to insurance companies being so unwilling to get on board and pay for it. I'm sure there are some quack doctors down there but obviously some very good ones have set up shop across the border and designed an entire operation targeted at U.S. clientele. I see nothing wrong with that. They provide a service that is affordable to the average person but they must overcome the huge hurdle of fear that most Americans have of going to Mexico for surgery. It's clear that most of their American patients take a huge leap of faith in going there. And when they see how well it works out' date=' they come here to tell their story so as to assure others it's not as scary as most of us believe. Without those Mexico based surgeons, many overweight people would not be able to have WLS and would continue to suffer with their obesity.[/quote']

Very well stated BTB, with class and respectful.

When I first came to this forum, I was so grateful to find all the posts about Mexican surgeries. I read them hungrily! The idea of going all the way from Canada to Mexico, where I had no knowledge of the health care system, seemed risky.

But hearing over and over again that many other Americans and Canadians had done it, and highly recommend the experience, was really helpful to me.

it's posts like this that make this place less than comfortable, or useful. I'm new to this forum, but was on www.lapbandtalk.com for years. we had some of the bitchyness, but it seems to be more negative here than useful. I'm not sure I even want to stick around here. I joined 3 sleeve forums, and this one seems to be the most nitpicky, snarky and the people here seem quick to judge others on everything from their food choices, to their choice of their doctor. it's sad, really.