Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is 2-3 ounces my normal

First of all, I apologize if this question has already been answered ... And would appreciate links if they are available. I'm five weeks out and can only consume about 2 to 3 ounces of food at one time. I feel full and am scared to eat more because I don't want to throw up or stretch my tummy. I am at about 500-600 calories. So is this my normal? Will it always be this way? And is it ok if I skip meals at times because I'm too too full from liquids? For example yesterday I only had lunch (3 soft meatballs with a little Tomato sauce) and the same for dinner. Any suggestions would be good. I've heard I will stall or go into starvation mode- but that's all that I can do!!!

2-6 ounces is what my paperwork considers "normal" I was/am up in the 6 ounce region because I have a long stomach and never had much inflammation. I'm still "normal" and so are you!

As for drinking your calories/skipping meals, etc... Some plans advocating supplementing with liquid Protein drinks and other plans discourage it. Personally, I eat meals and supplement with Protein shakes/bars.

More importantly is how many grams of Protein are you getting? and how many ounces of Water?

Try less dense Proteins so that you can get more in.

More importantly is how many grams of Protein are you getting? and how many ounces of Water?

Try less dense Proteins so that you can get more in.

So I'm getting in out 50 oz of fluids and 40-50 grams of Protein. It's so hard because I'm hardly ever hungry- I'm always thirsty and Protein shakes make me gassey and make me get the runs sometimes.

First of all, I apologize if this question has already been answered ... And would appreciate links if they are available. I'm five weeks out and can only consume about 2 to 3 ounces of food at one time. I feel full and am scared to eat more because I don't want to throw up or stretch my tummy. I am at about 500-600 calories. So is this my normal? Will it always be this way? And is it ok if I skip meals at times because I'm too too full from liquids? For example yesterday I only had lunch (3 soft meatballs with a little Tomato sauce) and the same for dinner. Any suggestions would be good. I've heard I will stall or go into starvation mode- but that's all that I can do!!!

This is what I did, maybe less. Five weeks out I was getting about 400 calories a day. I lost steadily and felt good. I reached goal in five months. My physician never wants his patients to get eat more than 1 cup of food at a sitting. I am 3 years out and cannot eat that much, which is great!

(Surgery may13)

I'm so scared that I'm not gona lose any more wt...I am able to eat a cup of food...chew it to mush and am full afterwards. But my calorie intake is almost double some of yours. I just can't do fat free and sugar free foods. I want to eat what my family eats jst less.

Wt is stalled right now. Up and down same 3# 16 lost since surgery until this week.

I was at church BBQ yesterday and ate a grilled hotdog and 1/4c potato salad my daughter made. Enjoyed it, and was a little full. It was the best choice I could make for the day. My calorie intake on soft fods is closer to 900 cal and 70g Protein. NUT seemed ok with that. A week ago was closer to 600-900 cal.

Im still at 1oz of dense Proteins. Liquids, yogurts are fine, but meats only 1oz. Im 10wks out. I just eat frequently and average 7-800 cals a day. I think everyone is different.

I'm six weeks out tomorrow. I just had a post op with my surgeon and nutritionist and got positive feedback though I was really unsure. I'm consuming just under 1,000 calories a day, about 50-60g of Protein and and eat about 6 ounces at a sitting. I feel like I can eat too much and ask myself constantly if this is normal :-( BUT both my doc and nut said I'm doing well so though I should increase both my Fluid and protein a bit..the scale hasn't moved for almost three weeks but I'm sure it will..positive thinking..trying your best to do the right thing..one day at a time :-)

This thread makes me worry. I was sleeved May 28th. Still on full liquids. I have no problem downing a 11 oz Protein Shake in about an hour an half. A 5 oz Greek yogurt takes me 2 settings to complete. I do Protein supps to insure I take in 80 protein per day. HAVE I ALREADY STRETCHED THIS THING!!! ARGH!!!!!!!

This thread makes me worry. I was sleeved May 28th. Still on full liquids. I have no problem downing a 11 oz Protein shake in about an hour an half. A 5 oz Greek yogurt takes me 2 settings to complete. I do Protein supps to insure I take in 80 protein per day. HAVE I ALREADY STRETCHED THIS THING!!! ARGH!!!!!!!

I was the same way on liquids.. I could drink my 16 ounce Protein Shake in 30 minutes (the same length of time it took me to drink one pre-sleeve)... liquids just run right through.. Even yogurt or cottage cheese didn't really fill me up too well... I didn't feel restriction until I started eating dense Proteins and whole veggies.

Hey Fulton :-) when I was on liquids and even puree I was eating/drinking A LOT all day almost without ANY restriction. I'm on full solids now with the exception of large chunks of meat like steak and soft bread. I can still eat a lot..a lot more than I expected or wanted..six ounces per sitting plus, but nowhere near the amount of ounces of the liquid or puree stage ! My doc and nut said it was normal and fine..I trust them so I'll try not to get discouraged or jealous of those who are losing quickly or are restricted far more than I :-)

I'm 5 weeks out and I eat 600 cals Max a day so far. Not sure how many ounces of food I consume, I just eat till I start feeling that full feeling. I also drink at least one Protein Drink a day to make sure I get my Protein in as well as help with the liquid counts.

My NUT emailed me back and said to get in 3oz of meat a meal and be closer to 20-30g Protein a meal...and 1/4c side dish. Shot for 1/2-1c of food a meal 60-90g Protein. I feel better about my wt stall. Got in 80g protein today and my 64 oz Water.

She told me women tend to lose in steps. I'm expecting a change soon. Not gona beat myself up anymore. (At least for this week).

OMG I think I'm totally different,I can finish my 1/2c of Soup in 15 min + away much less Protein than u guys around 16g/day ????, around 156.5 cal/day I'm abnormal,I'm 24 day post op I'm confused