Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need some help and support!

Please don't judge me and my many issues. I had my sleeve on June 5th and am 4 days post op. I'm worried that I have really screwed up today. I was so unsatisfied with my liquids today that I had 4 chips that I chewed and chewed and a shrimp that I did the same with. I have felt fine until sitting on the couch this evening I have dull pain in my abdomen and feeling of bloating. I am worried that I have screwed something up by not sticking to the liquids. My husband thinks I am being overly worried, I just don't know.

I am 5 days out and can completely sympathize. Yesterday I fixed a huge meal for 8 adults and when I was cleaning up, putting the salad away, I accidentally ate 1 olive. I didn't even realize I did anything until I swallowed. I freaked out a little but felt totally fine.

And btw, my tummy feels a little firm and bloated, but I think our stomachs are still swollen from surgery.

You will be ok, just keep monitoring things. :0)

Sending you a big big hug!!

It's going to cause some pain. Your tummy is swollen and healing. As long as you move on and don't do it again you should be fine.

I'm sorry you're having a hard time. I would call your dr as soon as they open tomorrow morning and discuss things with him.

I know this is hard. I'm right there with you. I was sleeved on the 4th. We have no other choice now but to comply. You HAVE to follow the guidelines that were placed for a reason. To protect you!

I think you should be fine, please don't continue to test your luck. Sending you the best of thoughts!

I won't judge anyone but you are taking your life in your hands messing with food only days away from surgery. People have ended up in the emergency room from doing this.

The trick for all of us is remaining conscious, that is, being present and aware whenever we are around food. At the end of this, the sleeve is a tool that we can either make the most of through consciously choosing to eat well, or we can screw it all up with being on auto pilot, not being present, or making poor choices. Which is what you have done, made a poor choice.

We all need to be mindful, all the time, to ensure we continue to do what is best for our bodies and our health.

Four days out, I would be talking to my doctor. You have had the greater majority of your stomach removed. This was not minor surgery. Your actions here may have caused you harm. I sincerely hope they haven't.

The post OP stage, the six weeks or so of madness, flies by. Seriously. Just stick with it, it will get easier and it will pass.

You can call your dr, so you will feel at ease. I was able to eat the day after surgery(I had scrambled egg) (my dr. didnt have these liquid only rules). I wouldnt worry myself about it especially if it didnt bother you or make you feel sick. :unsure:

worried that I have really screwed up today.

gonnabeaskinny

hi newbie

what's done is done :mellow:

you can't undo the past

as others have correctly said, you have a brand new tummy

it is still a little sore on the inside, and bloated

you went through a lot of preparations for the WLS

5 days PO or for the next few weeks you will be on liquids/mush/soft - and eventually solids

follow any and all NUT's directions.........ALWAYS

as OP said, you must follow all rules - i'm sure you knew that prior to surgery - but it can be hard to always follow rules

BUT you must follow the rules so you are successful - and at this early stage you can't/shouldn't eat (your NUT told you that)

all of the above being said................

as OP said, you can call your NUT/surgeon - who hopefully will explain again the necessary measures you must follow

you do need to hear all of the above, and future comments telling you you shouldn't do this again, and it wasn't a good idea

the above being said..........

i/we still love you :wub:

you can give yourself 100 whips with a wet noodle as your "punishment" :lol:

as i said, its done over with - learn from your mistake

don't do it again, and get on with your wonderful trip into a healthier, happier, longer life

i do see B) potatoe chips and shrimp in your future - not yet though, ok????

take care

pick your head back up

move forward

good luck

kathy :)

to gonnabeskinny

I´m sure you´ll survive the foolish chips intake on day 4 post op. What worries me though is the notion that some people think that the operation alone will make you loose weight. It is the work, the motivation and your desire to get healthy that will ultimately make you loose the weight and regain your health. If you casualy think that a chip or a shrimp or whatever else you have whitin your reach won´t hurt, than you might not be very successful in your journey. Just sayin as so many have said before. The sleeve is not the solution to your problem, it´s a very good tool to use to get to where you wanna go.

It will get easier, the hardest part of all of this is resetting our thinking about what we put into our bodies. No judgement here, no one is perfect. Keep reminding yourself why you turned to surgery. A few chips here and there didn't get any of us to where we were. That being said, even though some doctors may differ in their post op instructions, you chose your surgeon and must have trusted him/her. Trust in what they instruct you to do, and follow it. Don't be a test case, you don't want to be the one that isn't ok from advancing your diet before instructed. It is hard to be only on liquids, but you can do it, there are tons of us here who stuck to it and lived to tell the tale. Don't let yourself fall into bad habits early out. Make good food choices early and it gets easier to stay on track. Stay strong, recommit to your plan and you'll be fine.

Yesterday I went to a tastefully simple party. I was sleeved June 3. I took my Son as my taste tester, told them I was on a strict diet and would probably spend more bases on his advice anyway lol! I can honestly say the fear of harming myself kept me from even trying to eat a crumb. I was told over and over by people they were not even hungry after the surgery. That has not been the case for me. My stomach is growling and I am finding that I am becoming fixated on everything I can't eat. Not to mention I am one week out and have lost about 6lbs. I did this for a reason and I will be able to eat whatever I want someday (proportionately of course) I can do this and so can all of you. Don't hurt yourself!

Yesterday I went to a tastefully simple party. I was sleeved June 3. I took my Son as my taste tester' date=' told them I was on a strict diet and would probably spend more bases on his advice anyway lol! I can honestly say the fear of harming myself kept me from even trying to eat a crumb. I was told over and over by people they were not even hungry after the surgery. That has not been the case for me. My stomach is growling and I am finding that I am becoming fixated on everything I can't eat. Not to mention I am one week out and have lost about 6lbs. I did this for a reason and I will be able to eat whatever I want someday (proportionately of course) I can do this and so can all of you. Don't hurt yourself![/quote']

Dont mistake stomach growling for being hungry

I physically feel hungry along with stomach growling. I know what hunger feels likes and I have been hungry for three days now. I can tell that my stomach swelling has gone down because I am able to consume larger sips of Water and broth also. It took me an hour to finish a shake before now it takes 30 min max and that is because I am not overly fond of them.

Thank you so much for those who gave supportive comments. Even though my food choices were poor yesterday it was more a situation of poor planning. My husband and I had to stop at a friends birthday BBQ and I had not brought any of my shakes or Soups. I'm feeling fine today but much more aware of the nutritional path I need to be on. I really scared myself and don't want to sabotage all my hard work again.

It really important to be aware of mindless eating habits. Take note of this and work at not doing it again. :) you will be fine but take advantage of this time for maximum weight loss. :)