Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm in Portland and was sleeved on 1/20/1, 11 days ago. I am doing great, but would be thrilled to meet other sleeves. Perhaps go for a walk or get a cup of tea. If anyone is interested, send me a message and we can go from there.

Looking for Oregon supporters. Any out there?

Omg! I found people from oregon finally. I would love some support I live in salem oregon it would be so great to connect and maybe plan a get together. It would be great to hear from people who r going through a similar process. My friends are great and do their best to support me but no one will get it unless they r going through it. This is my email melinaleon81@hotmail.com
I'm in Keizer

All you folk who are getting ready, it's awesome a few months out. Stick with it, I'm so glad I did it. My highest weight last thanksgiving was 310, I dieted down to my surgery weight of 283 on January 20th 2015. Now, May 18th I'm down to 215lbs and moving towards my goal of 180. It's so weird to go from worrying about every ounce to feeling confident that one day in the next year I'll actually be at my goal. My health has improved to near perfect levels according to all the blood tests and I can exercise and enjoy it. Yesterday I biked up Mt. Tabor three times and was barely winded. I can shop anywhere and restaurant booths and airplane seats aren't uncomfortable anymore.

Keep it up, jump through all the hoops the doctors put in front of you, it's totally worth the reward.

Hello Oregon! I live just south of Portland a few minutes. Was sleeved at OHSU on 6/2/15. All went swimmingly until I hit soft foods yesterday. Overdid it - I swear I didn't think I was overdoing it! I thought I was following all the rules and doing what I should, but I just ate too much I think. Going to have to learn about listening to my body! Heaving this morning and am back to fluids for a couple of days.

I go to the support group at Legacy once a month (Thursday evening group). Hope to connect with people!

Beth

Hi everyone! I live in Lafayette, OR; haven't had surgery yet, as I'm still going through all the pre op stuff, then will need insurance approval. I'm a newbie here, and have only posted a couple of times on here:)

Hi! I'm Josette, I'm from Silverton, right by Salem. I'm having my sleeve done in Coos Bay by Dr Tersigni on the 23rd of June, 2015! So exited to start this journey!

Hello!! Yes I came to terms that you need to think ahead 15 mins. Took 3 months to figure it out. Lol. Stop eating cause in 15 mins it will hit your tummy.

I am 5 dpo from TT.

I am scheduled for July 15 with Dr. Patterson. I live south of Portland. While going through the pre op apptd, Ifollowed Dr. Pattersons staff members advice and have been cocentrating on adding Protein and resistance training. I have lost right at 30 pounds and hope to lose another 5 or so by surgery date. Only 1 day of pre op liquid diet to get through but of course there will be a couple of additional weeks of that after surgery. This site has been such a great source of information

How is your recovery going @@linedancer718?

Looking for Oregon supporters. Any out there?

I'm from central Oregon : )

Oregon, here! VSG July 2012.

Portland... Don't have a date yet
what part of portland are you from? I'm in tualatin.

I am doing great! Down 5 pounds since surgery 7 days ago. Been pretty inactive, at least not as active as I was hoping I would be. Got an infection and blood clot in my from IV. Had a dream last night that I ate a burrito. I was so mad that my stomach didn't "work". Lol. Got one more week of liquids. Doc has me on Boost, nutritional drink. Getting sick of them. Tried Tomato Soup and it was so strong tasting and got nauseous after a few drinks. Hmmmm. Keep trying.

I am doing great! Down 5 pounds since surgery 7 days ago. Been pretty inactive, at least not as active as I was hoping I would be. Got an infection and blood clot in my from IV. Had a dream last night that I ate a burrito. I was so mad that my stomach didn't "work". Lol. Got one more week of liquids. Doc has me on Boost, nutritional drink. Getting sick of them. Tried Tomato Soup and it was so strong tasting and got nauseous after a few drinks. Hmmmm. Keep trying.

You're right to stay committed and keep trying. You'll turn the corner before you know it and start blowing through those post op stages. The first 2 weeks are like bringing a newborn baby home. Lol.