Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If Living Well is the Best Revenge...

...is there anyone you're eager to see envying all the progress you make post-op? I know, I know, it's petty and one of the Seven Deadly Sins, but I have to admit there are a few people who I'll enjoy watching, as they turn a lovely shade of green when I reach my goal. I skipped my 25th high school reunion this year, because I wasn't happy with the way I looked; and I didn't want to put on a brave face in front of the catty girls from my teen years--but when the 30th rolls around, it's going to be a different story. I'll be there, with bells on, baby! I'm also in the midst of a divorce after 20+ years; by Christmas, not only will I be shedding my own ugly fat, but I'll be automatically 270 lbs. lighter without my ex, too. It's going to be nice, gradually unzipping the fat suit that I've wrapped myself up in over the last two decades, stepping out of that jiggly mess and moving ON! That's going to be my "living well revenge"...how about you?

I do I do I dooooo! LOL! My Dad who had claimed in the past: I've let myself go! :( anyone who made slick remarks about how big I was getting or straight up asked if I was pregnant! :o

Yes... My ******* brother in law. Enough said!

I did but now I do not. I dunno. High school was really odd for me.

I am one of those ducks that really were outside the social circuit, and had alot of odd little interests, and while I was heavy it was extremely hard to pick on me. You couldn't scare me with kicking me out of school because by the 9th grade I had my basics in and could have graduated at any time, and I was in a unique position in that I owned my own business (poop scooping & dog walking - laugh all you want I made ALOT of cash) and my artwork was valuable then. So I had money, I had friends (when I wanted them) and I took care of myself - if you picked I hit (not proud it is just how it was). Bully's wouldn't pick on someone who can make it real work. I also took up alot for other heavy people who were bullied, so before this whole PC crap that is in schools now, the teachers turned their heads and I got away with a bit, cause I could literally keep the A-hole bully from starting stuff in the luch room, because of what I would do to him when I caught him later (well, I am a little proud of that).

But I know what you mean, my mind wondered off there a bit, ha ha. A good friend back then was a 'secret hippy', lol - a really nice cheerleader, we did yoga and would go camping and swimming and she loved to hide that blond hair under a cap and get her nails dirty. We lost contact a long time ago. I found out last year when I was going to offer for her to come in and visit and go to the Renaissance Fair that she was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer and passed away. I can't think of any one I want to gloat to, but I would have loved for her to see me. I know she worried about my weight.

So glad someone said this out loud, OP! Yes, I have a few that I wold love to see that particular shade of green on:)

My now ex friend once told me that she had a dream about me "only you were really thin and had long hair". Well, b****....I'm going to make your dreams come true.

I cant wait to see my oldest child's father. He described me once as fat. I wasnt even that fat back then. So to hell with him. I cant wait to priss in front of him knowing I would never stoop that low again!!! Eat your heart out ! :))

Progress pic--heading towards six months post op, here's my before and after, so far. Down to 168 from 238 (HW). Wearing size 12, instead of size 20/22! My BMI is just a few pounds away from leaving the "obese" category forever.
Living well, loving my sleeve, and SO glad I made the decision to change my lifestyle and my body!

Oh, yeah!

Except that would mean I'd have to actually be in the same room with him.

No, thank you.

You sound like a Cool Bird, then and now!

I did but now I do not. I dunno. High school was really odd for me.

I am one of those ducks that really were outside the social circuit, and had alot of odd little interests, and while I was heavy it was extremely hard to pick on me. You couldn't scare me with kicking me out of school because by the 9th grade I had my basics in and could have graduated at any time, and I was in a unique position in that I owned my own business (poop scooping & dog walking - laugh all you want I made ALOT of cash) and my artwork was valuable then. So I had money, I had friends (when I wanted them) and I took care of myself - if you picked I hit (not proud it is just how it was). Bully's wouldn't pick on someone who can make it real work. I also took up alot for other heavy people who were bullied, so before this whole PC crap that is in schools now, the teachers turned their heads and I got away with a bit, cause I could literally keep the A-hole bully from starting stuff in the luch room, because of what I would do to him when I caught him later (well, I am a little proud of that).

But I know what you mean, my mind wondered off there a bit, ha ha. A good friend back then was a 'secret hippy', lol - a really nice cheerleader, we did yoga and would go camping and swimming and she loved to hide that blond hair under a cap and get her nails dirty. We lost contact a long time ago. I found out last year when I was going to offer for her to come in and visit and go to the Renaissance Fair that she was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer and passed away. I can't think of any one I want to gloat to, but I would have loved for her to see me. I know she worried about my weight.

Progress pic--heading towards six months post op, here's my before and after, so far. Down to 168 from 238 (HW). Wearing size 12, instead of size 20/22! My BMI is just a few pounds away from leaving the "obese" category forever. Living well, loving my sleeve, and SO glad I made the decision to change my lifestyle and my body!

You look amazing! Keep up the great work!

Vix, Yoy were cute in both, but in the now one you have a certain "glimmer" in your eyes! Woof!!! (from someone old enough to be your father or grandpa!... sorry!!!)

Woof, Arts? Really??? LOL!!

This is a tough question. I'm not aware of a specific person whose nose I want to rub it in, but I do have several friends/situations in which I am/was the fat girl. I feel like over time I have morphed into that "role" and I want more than that from my life.

As I was in the pool last night doing laps I was thinking about this a little. I've been doing measurements all along and although I have lost almost 6 inches from my waist, and 6 inches from my hips, I still have about another 6 or 7 to go in each area until I am back down to a "normal" (not tiny) measurement. And that threw me for a loop. I am beginning to think of myself as a smaller person, but I'm not yet. I'm smaller than I was, for sure, but no one would call me skinny. Maybe it's good that we don't turn a switch and drop the weight. My sense of how much space I take up is warped and I wonder if my brain will ever really catch up to reality.

Back to the original question…I want this for the people who have thought or vocalized that I let myself go, but I want it more for myself and the people who genuinely worried and thought about me, and loved me and included me regardless of my looks. Sounds very Pollyanna, but there it is. And although this is petty and selfish and not the main driver of the surgery, it would be fun to be the "hot mom" instead of the "fat mom" for once in my life. If it happens, I don't expect it to change my life though.

Fluff, I've seen your pix and "woof" to you as well!!!