Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TT and thighs at the same time?

No problem. Any other advise I can give you please contact me. Who will be your doctor? Where are you staying? Bring a large funnel so you can stand up to pee. Bring special wipes to clean that area and keep it as dry as you can. While you travel you will sweat so see if you can get up every few hours and do that. I received a special anti bacterial spray for that area from my doctor. You will have to pee standing up or squatting for at least first 2 weeks. Small price to pay for great results :) You will be fine.

I was laying down for first 2 weeks a lot but I was allowed to sit as well. Not sure why you could not sit . I was in Mexico for 2 weeks then I flew home over 4 hour flight. I had multiple procedures done at same time so there was a bit of a discount. I think its $2500 plus a stay at a recovery house.

Hi Freespirit :) Do you mind telling me what other procedures you had done at the same time? I'm considering surgery in Mexico or D.R and I'll be needing to get multiple procedures as well. I heard some surgeons arent' willing to do so.

I had a thigh lift tt and arm lift. I had many procedures ar once because I did not need Lipo because I had it a year before. Every dr is different.

I had the extended TT and medial thigh lift done together in March. I will not lie - it was a rough recovery. But I would do it again in a heartbeat.

The recovery from the thighs is pretty difficult as you can not sit for about 6 weeks. No sitting whatsoever for the first 2 weeks after surgery, very limited sitting until 6 weeks. At six weeks when I was finally cleared for sitting was about the time I was ready.

I am thrilled with my results, absolutely thrilled. At three months out I would say my thighs are 95% healed - in that the incisions are healed but I occasionally have some minor tenderness still at the "T" juncture where the incisions meet, for example. My abdominoplasty continues to be uncomfortable off and on - not from the incision or incision line, but from where they stitched the muscles. I'm trying to work out pretty aggressively and my abs hold me back. Today I am walking hunched over for the first time in a LONG time, due to overdoing it.

In any case - feel free to ask any questions that you have -

You couldn't sit, but could you run? What kind of exercise were you allowed during those 6 weeks? I want it all done, total body contouring, but if I had to choose I think I am more obsessed with getting the batwings taken care of, the more I scrutinize photos of people who have lost massive amounts of weight, the more I believe that it is the upper arms and chin(s) that will make a person look fat even when they aren't any longer.

It is mind boggling how much variatiion there is in surgeons.

One surgeon recommended doing extended TT with thighs. Another doc told me that is the worst idea and refused to do it that way because the "pulling" is in the opposite directions and increases risk of wound separation. There is a surgeon in Mexico that does jumbo procedures - basically everything at once! I no longer no what to believe...

I have read alot of forum posts and talked to many post ops and have come to my own conclusions. Breast lift/augmentation and arms aren't "too bad" to recover from. Tummy Tuck (or lower body lift which is what I really need) and inner thighs are painful and difficult to recover from. The TT is due to the muscles they fix and the thighs it is the whole sitting/healing issues. I have decided that i will not do the thighs with the LBL. I will do the LBL with the breasts and if the surgeon agrees it is safe - the arms too. I have decided to save my thighs for last because my inner thighs are absolutely awful and I think I will see some improvements after the LBL and then can assess just how much work I should have done.

I talked to someone who flew back from Mexico after having a jumbo procedure (ie the works) including thighs. She said they bandaged and drugged the heck out of her to put her on the plane... but i just can't get my mind around that long flight back to seattle after the thigh procedure. Even in first class with an aisle seat - just can't fathom it.

I travelled after 2 weeks with TT and TL. I asked for wheelchair assistance and got roller around from the moment I got out of the car to my gate and then someone took me to the plane. I never had any issues! Thigh lift is no joke but with the right recovery guidance and proper care, its a walk in a park lol