Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TT and thighs at the same time?

Hi all. I'm scheduled for the panni surgery on July 11th (2 years to the day after my sleeve!). I've lost 85/90 lbs and have a large stomach hanging over my huge thighs.

The surgeon hasn't confirmed (pre-op is next Friday) that he will do both but has given me the cost estimate (approximately 10k extra). Insurance is paying for the panni and I'm thinking about doing both at the same time.

I need some guidance on what you all think about it. He says the healing process is longer but I'm convinced that I won't be able to find clothing after the panni without the thighs. Plus I'm tired of missing my summer's getting well. I work for myself amd can only take time off during the summer.

Thoughts and advice welcome!

Lauren

I would want them done at the same time too, even if it is more painful. Whatever your surgeon thinks is best. Keep us posted.

My friend had a TT, butt lift, boob job and a couple of rolls of skin/fat removed at the same time. I do not recommend that you go to this extreme as the TT and butt lift made an incision around her entire body. She had trouble getting comfortable any way she tried to lay down. I think the TT and thighs would be ok though.

I had the extended TT and medial thigh lift done together in March. I will not lie - it was a rough recovery. But I would do it again in a heartbeat.

The recovery from the thighs is pretty difficult as you can not sit for about 6 weeks. No sitting whatsoever for the first 2 weeks after surgery, very limited sitting until 6 weeks. At six weeks when I was finally cleared for sitting was about the time I was ready.

I am thrilled with my results, absolutely thrilled. At three months out I would say my thighs are 95% healed - in that the incisions are healed but I occasionally have some minor tenderness still at the "T" juncture where the incisions meet, for example. My abdominoplasty continues to be uncomfortable off and on - not from the incision or incision line, but from where they stitched the muscles. I'm trying to work out pretty aggressively and my abs hold me back. Today I am walking hunched over for the first time in a LONG time, due to overdoing it.

In any case - feel free to ask any questions that you have -

I had the extended TT and medial thigh lift done together in March. I will not lie - it was a rough recovery. But I would do it again in a heartbeat.

The recovery from the thighs is pretty difficult as you can not sit for about 6 weeks. No sitting whatsoever for the first 2 weeks after surgery, very limited sitting until 6 weeks. At six weeks when I was finally cleared for sitting was about the time I was ready.

I am thrilled with my results, absolutely thrilled. At three months out I would say my thighs are 95% healed - in that the incisions are healed but I occasionally have some minor tenderness still at the "T" juncture where the incisions meet, for example. My abdominoplasty continues to be uncomfortable off and on - not from the incision or incision line, but from where they stitched the muscles. I'm trying to work out pretty aggressively and my abs hold me back. Today I am walking hunched over for the first time in a LONG time, due to overdoing it.

Thigh lift is one of the things I am thinking I may need or want. I am curious if you can't sit that means you are always either standing up or laying down for six weeks?

The recovery from the thighs is pretty difficult as you can not sit for about 6 weeks. No sitting whatsoever for the first 2 weeks after surgery' date=' very limited sitting until 6 weeks. At six weeks when I was finally cleared for sitting was about the time I was ready.

[/quote']

Thigh lift is one of the things I am thinking I may need or want. I am curious if you can't sit that means you are always either standing up or laying down for six weeks?

For the first two weeks the only time you ALMOST sit is when you poop - sorry to be graphic. You get a toilet riser with handles and attempt to hold yourself up putting as little pressure as possible on your posterior, and you have the least pain if your are successful and hold yourself suspended over the toilet without putting any pressure on your posterior. For peeing I got a female urinal. Oh, the other time you sit is in the car coming home/going to appts with your surgeon. But you quickly learn how to avoid putting pressure on your incisions by getting in and out of the car creatively, putting the seat back all the way back, resting your feet on top of something, etc.

After the first two weeks and up until six weeks I was strongly discouraged to sit although no longer forbidden. It's not too tempting given how uncomfortable it is. I did spend the entire time either standing or lying down, pretty much.

At six weeks I no longer had restrictions. It was about right because I could sit at that point without too much discomfort. I carried around an extra jacket to use as padding for another 3 weeks maybe.

panniculectomy -- It's the removal of the Pannis, the skin left after you lose weight in your stomach. It can be called a Tummy Tuck but it's more than that.

It's not a Tummy Tuck .. It's more like the first part of a tummy tuck because they just remove the loose skin but w the tummy tuck they remove the loose skin plus tighten the muscle which giver you a firmer looking tummy .. Tummy tucks or better .. W the panni the skin is remove but your tummy still doesn't look firm but this really depends on how much skin is removed

I had tt and thigh lift. Where are you recovering? You need some supplies.

I'm going to be recovering at my home in Rye Brook, NY. Where are you? Of course I need supplies. Did you get insurance to pay for the Panni and then upgrade to the TT or just have a TT?

In canada penni means remiving skin without MR. I had mine done in mexico. You may want to rent a raised toiket seat, small watering can to wash yiurself so urine and fecal does not carry bacteria there. You need gauze to out there ti keep thughs from hacing moisture. Mind you I had groin thigh lift. I can go on and on. Ket me kniw if you want more information

If I may ask, Was your thigh lift the groin incision only? Or the extended one down the leg? I need the extended thigh lift, but surgeons in the U.S are too costly. I'll be heading out the country for my PS. Just don't know which Doctor to choose.

Mine was in the groin only and I had tt at same time and bbl. I can show you my pictures. It was Dr Cardenas in TJ.

The recovery from the thighs is pretty difficult as you can not sit for about 6 weeks. No sitting whatsoever for the first 2 weeks after surgery' date=' very limited sitting until 6 weeks. At six weeks when I was finally cleared for sitting was about the time I was ready.

[/quote'] If I may ask, Was your thigh lift the groin incision only? Or the extended one down the leg? I need the extended thigh lift, but surgeons in the U.S are too costly. I'll be heading out the country for my PS. Just don't know which Doctor to choose.

My incision goes down my thigh about midway. I needed more than the groin incision, but could get away with the thigh incision stopping midway down.