Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

To All My Fellow June Sleevers........

Well I am already three days post op. I continue to do well. I have no hunger. I am able to get in all my fluids and Protein. I just set myself up a schedule and sip sip sip all day. I am still tired but not as much as yesterday. I have mild pain when changing position from laying to standing. My big problem is that I have developed an allergy to the surgical glue. My whole tummy is red and inflamed. Some spots are blistered. Ice packs help. I have to call in the am to see if I can take some Benedryl for the itch. Other than that it has been smooth sailing. I am so lucky. Because I was a band to sleeve revision, there was a greater chance for complications. I really thought it would be much worse.

I'm glade u are doing well jus sip and walk a lot I had my surgery last week... And I'm already feeling back to my self

I'm happy for you and your great recovery. My surgery is July 10th and I hope my recovery is atleast half as smooth as yours if not more! Awesome! Thank you for the updates .

I'm June 19th too!! YAY

I'm nervous and hearing all these positive stories gives me hope. Praying for all the sleevers out there.

Very happy for you! Hope I have the same recovery!

Mine was June 12th and was very much like yours. I thought it was going to be much worst. I have been at home since Friday noon and every day I felt better. No nausea, not much gases... Great!!!

Hello all

I see you are all getting ready or just had the surgery. Wanted to share my story to ease fears and return the favor of how this site helped me. I am now 46 and had my sleeve done in 8/10 at that time I was about 400 pounds 54 waist 5 xl shirt. I decided it was time for many reasons including health. I did all the hoops and jumps required before surgery as you all are. Big difference I wanted to quit something 3 months prior that was near and dear to me which was soda to see if I could do it and to prove this was for life. July 2010 was my last soda and still haven't touched one. I do recommend getting different types of post surgery shakes I had banana and to this day will not even smell one. Dumping get used to it I'm by far not a diet super model freak but won't eat pork or beef and ANYTHING greasy. My worse enemies. I stick to a decent diet that has nothing bad in it. Well here I am today weighing 220 pounds w a waist of 36 and shirt l-xl area. Bottom line put your heart and soul into this and one day you can help like I hope I did. The one thing I had a lot of issues with was severe dehydration so if married make a commitment to a Water bottle at all times touching that ring. I mean all day long constant Water. I like crystal light myself as well. I did lose 150 the first year and have since lost the rest and have leveled off now. I do hope this inspires and eases some worries. I will check in on this thread to answer any questions. I can go on all day about my new found happiness. Now I'm headed out to Breakfast and sit in the booth without fear of not fitting. Been married 19 years before telling my wife no booth I like tables because of it. Bet someone can relate. Good day all from San Jose ca

I had my surgery six days ago. I continue to do well. I continue to get in all of my Protein and liquids. I have no hunger. I stopped all of my pain meds. I don't need them. This maybe be too much info....but I have moved my bowels three times. I have no issues with gas or diarrhea. Even my allergic reaction is clearing up. All in all life is good.

Yay that is awesome hope mine goes just as well in 6 days keep up the good work

I had my surgery six days ago. I continue to do well. I continue to get in all of my Protein and liquids. I have no hunger. I stopped all of my pain meds. I don't need them. This maybe be too much info....but I have moved my bowels three times. I have no issues with gas or diarrhea. Even my allergic reaction is clearing up. All in all life is good.

I'm so glad I found this, I was thinking the exact same thing...life happens then some stop updating and you wonder what happened to them and how they're doing. Anyway, glad to know you're doing well...keep updating ; <)

Hey NikNak...how's it going for you? Sending well wishes your way!

Hey NikNak...how's it going for you? Sending well wishes your way!

I had a very good day! I snuck into work. (My Dr has me out for a month.) I am a teacher so I wanted to give my students their last report cards. Plus it was Activity Day. They were so happy to see me! I then went grocery shopping for stage 2 foods. I have a Dr appointment tomorrow and I should be moved up diet wise. I am not hungry but my tummy sounds angry. It keeps making these deep rumbling noises. It is ready to get some food! I had some egg drop Soup. Delicious!!!!!! I followed lunch up with a 1.5 mile walk. I feel 100% like myself!!!!!!!

Aww...super happy for you NikNak! I hope to recover as well as you.

Niknak, what are you drinking for Protein? Good job and congrats!

I am drinking Protein shakes by Chike. There are 28g of Protein in 7oz. I am mixing in fat free milk for an additional 8 grams. That totals 72g in just two shakes!!!! I love love love the banana and orange creme flavors. I also enjoy the coffee one but can't have it yet post surgery. I also have EAS from Walmart but they are only 17g per 11oz.