Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

~10 months out pictures- Finally comfortable in bikini!

Hello All!

The first 7 months I made monthly updates on this forum. I've pretty much just been maintaining the last couple months, but I thought I would post an update. I'm 23 years old and had my surgery August 22nd last year so I am between 9-10 months post op right now. I started at 231 and am currently 139. Yahooo!

I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to this summer!! Last year I honestly had one ugly pair of capris and two "nice" tops. Whenever I had to get dressed to go somewhere, I would choose between those two tops. I never felt confident. I hardly have any pictures because I avoided them. Most days I would just wear baggy sweats and my boyfriend's t-shirts...how attractive!! I was also hot ALLLLL the time.

I was getting dressed this morning and thinking about how different this summer will be. This morning I woke up and went for a 3 mile jog. I came home, showered, and put on a pair of jean shorts and a cute tank top (I now have lots of clothes to choose from!) I did my make up and hair-without sweating from the heat of the blow dryer lol When I finished I felt confident. This weekend I'm going to the beach with my friends (which requires a bathing suit) and I'm also running the 5k mud run on Saturday! This is a whole new life!! haha Thank God!!

I was real hesitant to post a picture of myself in a bathing suit; however, that is the biggest question I get asked. "WELLLLL, do you have loose skin???" People are so curious. Some people have a big stigma with the weight loss surgery - like since I had weight loss surgery I must have awful skin underneath my clothes. This is not the case.

Don't let anyone tell you this is the easy way out. I've worked my butt off this past year. I work out a ton and make healthy eating choices. At 10 months out, I feel hungry just like anyone else! I'm able to eat junk food. Gaining back weight is not impossible However, I make good, healthy choices. The surgery is a fantastic TOOL, but its not a miracle. So I thought I would post this picture to show it's possible to lose over 90 pounds and not have a bunch of skin! Seeing these types of pictures motivated me to get my butt to the gym :)

I wish everyone lots of success and happiness!!

Picture 1: As you can see, I had serious stretch marks before. They have turned to white, but those are forever. However, I feel okay in a bikini. Beats the giant t-shirt I wore to the pool last year!

Picture 2: I'm able to wear sundresses this summer! Yay!

Picture 3: I have 3 beautiful younger sisters. I always felt like the "fat, ugly" sister. I feel like I am now the fun, older sister that I always wanted to be. The after picture is with my youngest sister before she goes off to prom! She looked beautiful.

If you want to read any of my other posts, some links are below:

http://www.verticals...eafter-picture/

http://www.verticals...es/#entry712587

post-35246-13813666351509_thumb.jpg

post-35246-13813666351851_thumb.jpg

post-35246-13813666352306_thumb.jpg

Thank you for sharing! I started this process at 230 lbs and wondered where I would end up. And also, yes, thank you for sharing that your skin CAN bounce back! I'm 34 and my surgery is next week. Time will tell how things turn out for me. **looking forward to the journey** and you have given me some extra hope in a few areas!

U look great hun u inspire me !!!

You're amazing. What a difference! You must be fairly tall because I don't weigh much more than you and belieeeeeve me.. I don't look anything like you ;)

Great job!

You're amazing. What a difference! You must be fairly tall because I don't weigh much more than you and belieeeeeve me.. I don't look anything like you ;)

Great job!

I'm 5'3" lol Thanks!

Hi, I'm still deciding on Lapband and Sleeve.....I'm just concerned that I will never be able to go out with my friends two three years from now and enjoy a "regular" meal......Can you eat normal now?

Good for you girl~ you look fab*u*lous!! Congrats!

I'm 5'3" lol Thanks!

LOL.. Well, crap there goes that theory. I'm 5'3" too! :P

Hi, I'm still deciding on Lapband and Sleeve.....I'm just concerned that I will never be able to go out with my friends two three years from now and enjoy a "regular" meal......Can you eat normal now?

I'm obviously on team sleeve! lol I just haven't heard great things about the Lapband. You have to choose what's important to you. I can order something and eat an okay amount right now. I eat much slower than everyone and don't eat a ton. But if I go out, I'll get a small salad or a Soup or something like that. I was scared of this too...but in the end loosing weight was more important than all of those things. I just figured it all out after my surgery! I'm still able to enjoy a beer if I want one...I am only 23 after all :)

LOL.. Well, crap there goes that theory. I'm 5'3" too! :P

haha I am sure you look fabulous!!!!! Congrats on your weight loss :) :)

In response to your post Farah3k, the only people that notice that I dont overeat like everyone else are the people that know I had the sleeve. No one even notices that I eat only 2 - 4 ounces because most of the time they are so worried about everyone else watching them overeat.

I have to admit when I saw the pic of you before I thought you were the mom and when you posed with your sister before prom you now look like a sister. You look so healthy and young now. Heh.. I'm so happy for you :D

I had the lapband for 7 yrs. I lost all my weight looked great and then found out it slipped. I had to have it removed and 3 yrs later gained all my weight back and now have the sleeve (10 wks) from my experience, I can eat more now and go out to eat with friends and family. When I had the band going out to eat was a waste of money because I'd eat a few bites, excuse myself and then puke out the food. Good luck with your choice!

Trust me you don't want the lapband. Read my story on my profile page. I'm sleeved now and can eat anything I want, but just A LOT less. I'm lucky though because since my surgery I have no desire to eat. It's no longer a mind dwelling issue for me.