Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Storm Stories!

how is everybody doing in WA. after that wilndstorm last week. Anyone get damage to thier homes? Hope all is well, I want to hear how everyone is doing ande how long you went without power etc.

Hope everyone is well!

I only lost power for one week, we survived, not fun but we are all ok, and the better for it to as it caused us to be more thankful for our many blessings.

Tell us how you made it through ok?

how is everybody doing in WA. after that wilndstorm last week. Anyone get damage to thier homes? Hope all is well, I want to hear how everyone is doing ande how long you went without power etc.

Hope everyone is well!

I only lost power for one week, we survived, not fun but we are all ok, and the better for it to as it caused us to be more thankful for our many blessings.

Tell us how you made it through ok?

You were out for a whole week? :faint: One of my co-workers was out until Tuesday.

We were lucky, we were out about 12 hours is all. So, we turned our home into a shelter for friends who didn't have power. At one point we had 6 people, a dog and a cockatiel staying with us.

We were without power for a full week. And we had house guests from Austin TX. A Cushie friend had come to town to see the sights, and of course, it was too late for her to change her plans...

They ran out of road closed signs, so we had "Bridge Closed" signs. Still cracks me up. We had several main roads closed in the area too from fallen everything.

We have great neighbors, and luckily, being an avid camper, I know how to build a fire, even with wet wood. I'm just so glad that my fireplace is big enough that when I get those bricks hot they radiate like an oven.

But once I get cured, we are definately getting new front windows... Need those double pane windows, that's for sure! Currently, we still have the original 1950's giant picture windows... COLD!

One of the houses on the next road lost their roof... it just peeled away like an orange skin. Ended up in a giant ball of debre in their side yard. I think they prolly have a case against their contractor... The roof was only about 3 or 4 years old and now they need a new one...

Of course, now we've lost our giant laural hedge of doom... The snow we got a few weeks ago took out a very large section... pulled it up by the roots. So we have to figure out what we are going to do there. ...

Brace yourself!! We have another one commming! What a strange series of unfortunate events. Hope the power holds up r I just might take a vacation to visit family in Phoenix!!

I now, it's been such an odd year! Now they are saying 5-8 inches of snow possible in North King and Snohomish counties. I hope so, as long as the power stays on.

We are battened down tonight as there is a bigger storm brewing! Should be interesting, if it hits the way they are predicting!

My daughters in Bellevue were without power for over a week and my parents in Marysville without for 5-6 days. Daughter called tonight to tell me power is off again as of 4pm. Brother in south central Washington without for just over a day. I'm in the Wenatchee area which took a toll from last weekend. I live 3000 feet above sea level and the wind was clocked at 107mph but luckly we had 3 1/2 feet of snow holding us down. LOL

As of right now the wind is howling and brewing up something wicked I think. On the bright side of things maybe I'll get to see Dorthy and Toto as they fly by this time :)

We had terrific wind and rain here in Bellevue this afternoon, but then it blew over. Not sure what part of B'vue your daughter is in, but we have power... Some small comfort for me anyway. I was out and about earlier this evening, and didn't see any dark areas, so perhaps she's got power back?

I sure hope we don't lose power again, espeicially since we still haven't been able to lay in a large supply of wood. We have enough for a couple of days, but not another week... Yikes!

Sultan apperently already has 4 inches of snow.

I haven't saw a post from you in some time and I am unable to get into your journal. How are you doing? I miss your posts!!!