Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When did you feel thinner?

When did you buy new clothing?

When did you start changing sizes?

When did you know to get rid of clothing?

I have not got new clothing, I am still wearing my old clothes. While last summer my clothes got to small and things were hanging over, and they fit again and getting loose. I just don't feel like small enough for smaller size?! lost 47lbs and I don't feel smaller or look smaller in my eyes.

Ditto. I'm just now starting to wear the jeans I saved years ago for "when I get back in the gym." I've lost about the same amount as you and I don't feel any different either. Although, people are saying that I look thinner. Curious about the responses we get on here.

When did you feel thinner? I felt thinner after about 40 lbs. I had to put pictures side by side to see the comparison. I looked in the mirror and still saw the same person.

When did you buy new clothing? I was about 2 months out before i bought a new pair of pants. And I bought a smaller size by chance. I was wearing a size 16 from LB. I went to NY & Co and was looking for a size 16 jean. All they had was a 14 & 18. I took both in the fitting room and ironically the size 14 fit so I didn't even try the size 18! This weekend I bought a size 12 thinking it wouldn't fit....I got home and it fits!

When did you start changing sizes? See above :)

When did you know to get rid of clothing? I still haven't gotten rid of any clothing. I guess the fat girl in my thinks this diet will fail and i will still need the clothes even though I am working so hard...

My mentality has obviously not changed about myself eventhough i look at everything else differently. Just try and if a new size doesn't fit try again in a week or two :)

I've lost 58lbs and am just starting to run out of clothes I had packed away. So i haven't had to buy anything yet. I'm about 3 1/2 months post op. I don't really feel much smaller yet. No one started really noticing my loss until around the -53lb mark. I can tell I'm lighter but still feel big. Which I am lol I'm trying to be patient which is extremely hard, but I know I will keep losing. And can't wait to be under 200lbs. Oh and I also haven't gotten rid of any clothes but only because I plan on getting pregnant next year and figure I'm going to need some big clothes. I know, I know, that's what maternity clothes are for, well I'm pretty butch and wear men's clothes. Lol I would look like I was in drag in maternity clothes.

I'm very comfortable in my hoody and jeans and I can wear whatever to work, so.. Until I was forced to find something to wear to a funeral I never even started wearing different clothes. Of course I found every size in my closet EXCEPT the size I needed. I have every size from 16 to 4.. I borrowed, lol.

I know myself very very well and I know I won't feel thinner until I reach goal. That's just me and I won't shop until then. Oh, although I may buy some compression biking capris

I felt "thinner" about 9 weeks post op when my work pants no longer fit me. I then bought a single pair of new pants for work ended up being 2 sizes smaller! Then at my 14 week mark I began buying a few things here and there that were smaller my shirt size went from 3-4x to 1-2x! Now at 18 weeks out down 86 pounds out of my 140 pound loss goal, I am at a 1x and size 20ish pant, I have boughten shirts in my next size down so in xl and l and my best friend gave me 6 pants in my next size down an today on my week 18 to the day I donated all my 22-28 size pants and my 2-4x shirts and i threw away my old undies and bras to make way for new ones. I have the privillege of shopping for me on vacation and I worked sales and coupons and visited a ross store for the first time so I spent 120$ and got 5 shirts 4 bras and some lingerie (am happily engaged) I am so much happier and you'll get that omg I am hot feeling! And its so worth everything!

I was 322 now I am 239!!!!

I've lost 64 pounds since I started my supervised diet the end of November. I finally just bought new scrubs for work. My others were just looking like clown pants. I haven't bought any new real clothes yet. I just hate shopping.

I'm down 35 and this week I have really started feeling thinner. I have also bought 1 new pair of pants from Walmart .. Surprised they had some cute clothes for cheap! I'm weird because people always say even though I lost all this weight I still see a fat person well I am the exact opposite. I was heavy all my life and lost 75 lbs senior year of high school and kept it off through out college plus lost more. However after college marriage and a baby 7 years later I gained all back plus 30 lbs. however I never felt like a fat person again ... I remember being shocked when something didn't fit or getting on a plane and the belt almost not fitting and was baffled. So I was a thinner minded person stuck in a fat body. Now as the weight is coming off I'm feeling more like myself again and sooo happy!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

When did you feel thinner?

When did you buy new clothing? Around 200lbs (30lbs down), the smaller I got, the faster I flew through sizes. At 235, I was wearing a 16, at 155 I'm wearing a 6.

When did you start changing sizes?I didn't notice much of a change when I was in plus size clothes, regular clothes is a big difference.

When did you know to get rid of clothing? When it fell of me -- literally. I had pants that would fall when I walked. I wore all I could out of my clothes.

I have not got new clothing, I am still wearing my old clothes. While last summer my clothes got to small and things were hanging over, and they fit again and getting loose. I just don't feel like small enough for smaller size?! lost 47lbs and I don't feel smaller or look smaller in my eyes.

I look at myself in the mirror only a few lbs from goal, and I honestly don't think I look that different until I look back and do side by sides. It takes a while for your brain to catch up with you body changing.

Thank you all for sharing