Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stuck in a Blizzard!!

Well here I am in CO.... and we are in the middle of a blizzard. I have probably 2 feet of snow in my driveway and some of the drifts are at least 4 or 5 feet deep. No way am I making it anywhere tomorrow. They sent us home from work today at about noon and my normal 20 minute commute took me an hour and a half! It was like night of the living dead out there. You could go for miles and not see another car then suddenly come around a turn and see cars stranded, stuck in feet of snow. This is the craziest storm we have had in years!! I came home and made a big pot of chili... the best on a day like this! This evening I had the BRILLIANT idea of taking my hubbys car out to the road to check the mail. Needless to say, his car is stuck in our field. The snow was so deep I tried to back up and go back to the garage in my tire tracks... no such luck. So there I was, in a tshirt, jammie pants and my slippers, stuck about 100 yards away from my house. I tried to open the car door and the snow was so deep it wouldn't budge. I pushed and pushed and finally got it open enough to get out. I stepped out of the car and immediatly sunk up to my knees (keep in mind I am wearing SLIPPERS and no socks) I made a running beeline for my tire tracks and ran back into the garage, running out of my slippers all along the way. I got back in the house and told my hubby what happened (apologizing profusley) and he just laughed hysterically at me. I guess it was pretty funny looking back on it now. I sure wish I hadn't done it though! Guess I'll be spending my day off tomorrow digging his car out. Fun times!

Just had to share! :help:

What you are getting is making it's way this way to Minnesota and may insure we do not have a brown Christmas. Who ever would imagine such a thing- a brown Christmas in Minnesota! It is supposed to start with rain and freezing rain this afternoon and turn to snow tonight. I am not a winter fan ( yes, I stay in Minnesota anyway- the other 3 seasons are wonderful!) but even i would like a white Christmas. Then the snow can go away!

We've had such mild weather, my granddaughter was begging me to turn on the air conditioner the other night. I said, "Are you CRAZY???, "it's CHRISTMAS!!!"

We've had such mild weather, my granddaughter was begging me to turn on the air conditioner the other night. I said, "Are you CRAZY???, "it's CHRISTMAS!!!"

Carlene~ We have had the AC on for about 2 weeks now :P

Your story made me remember why I moved from the cold. It's hard to remember all that snow. We are heading for the carribbean for Christmas so definitely no snow there.

WOW thats ALOT of Sh*T! I mean snow! We got about 4 inches of wet heavy snow early this morning. Plus we had rain all day yesterday and then some sleet overnight. It made for a slippery ride home this morning. I don't mind it, but hat how others drive crazy and all the mess it makes!

I'm hopin that we get some snow before Christmas. We had our big snow a couple weeks ago but it's all gone now. Does your puppy like the snow? Our shepard Mali and schichon Gizmo love to go and play in it.

Wow!!! Take care and I sure hope you have all the emergency supplies on hand in case of a power failure.. We in Seattle had a horrible wind storm statewide. Power lines down everywhere. There are still 60 thousand people without power. I was without power for 7 days and we could see our breath inside!! our home went to 42 degrees inside and it was miserable. I will say though that the big trees in my yard stayed up and I have no damage to my home. That is an amazing blessing. We are all alive and well too! So many others are still in shelters. We had to toss our entire refrig and freezer contents out. Shuch a waste! but better safe than sorry. I do hope you are prepared to be inside a while.

Do you have a way to heat your home in case of a power failure? I sure hope so and please be careful of carbon monoxide. We have had several deaths and about 70 people hospitalized, its an epidemic. People had put their bbqs inside to heat, and some had there generators inside the garage, all really serious, and sad as it is something avoidable. Please be carefull! and what a beautiful sight! Thanks for the Pics!

Man, Seattle has suffered horribly this year. My brother was in Cheyenne during the snowstorm (he lives in Greeley) and decided just to stay in the hospital where he works. He had one patient all night. I haven't heard from him for a day, so I'll have to call him to find out where he is. Last week, I had the air conditioner on. It was in the 70s all week. Not very Christmasy. Luckily, this week, it's been in the 40s and 50s so we can have roaring fires in the fireplace every night. I love that. Oklahoma is generally hot so we love winter here. At least, it's not 90-100+ degrees outside. But we are worried about you all who are suffering from bad weather. I hope it goes away soon.

Wow! and i thought it was cold here! (currently in the middle of summer) that must be freezing...how funny and fustrating of course but what a memory!!

:) becky

At least you guys have each other to have fun in the snow and cuddle up with later. Well you are getting lots of exercise out there.