Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm aware it was my choice to have the surgery and I reviewed the different types for 3 years before committing. Unfortunately, nothing could have prepared me for what would occur post op. (Sleeved on the 22nd). I'm down 27lbs and I honestly could care less. I truly miss food...when I'm hungry I want to eat not sip. I feel like if I see another broth/ Soup I will off myself. Seriously, I do not see this getting any better. Plus, I fear the puree stage will look like baby vomit. Everyday I wake up praying I'm normal but come to the realization that I'm not and never will be. I just wish I was completely happy again BC I'm miserable.

Girl,

There is no way you are hungry. It was hard for me too! I have grown up with food galore and now it is kinda weird. It smells so good but I am not hungry in the tummy, just mentally.

As soon as you realize that, you got it licked.

Are you eating Greek Yogurt or cottage cheese?

The puree stage is not so bad, I eat alot of chicken salad and skip the veggie and just make sure I take my Vitamins.

Hang in there, cause the day is gonna come when you are rocking that sleeve!!

Girl' date='

There is no way you are hungry. It was hard for me too! I have grown up with food galore and now it is kinda weird. It smells so good but I am not hungry in the tummy, just mentally.

As soon as you realize that, you got it licked.

Are you eating Greek Yogurt or cottage cheese?

The puree stage is not so bad, I eat alot of chicken salad and skip the veggie and just make sure I take my Vitamins.

Hang in there, cause the day is gonna come when you are rocking that sleeve!![/quote']

Yea I do feel hunger but it is much much less and can be appeased with a couple o tsp of Soup. I only wish they were bites. But I hear yah I'm sure it gets better at some point but at this point I wish they'd invent a do over.... no to Greek yogurt and cottage cheese which I've actually never even had but I suppose it has to be better than soup

My NUT said I shouldn't fear the purée stage. It's easy to combine purée and soft foods. Just chew really good. I sometimes miss pigging out on chips and junk food but all I need to do is step on the scale and u no longer miss it... Nothing tastes as good as 35 lbs gone!

You will be eating soon enough, and enjoying your foods - albeit in smaller quantities. I'm in the mushy phase and just made the most delicious cauliflower "pizza" ... there are many recipes that are mushy, healthy and simply delicious. You will be more discriminating as to what you eat because you can only have a small amount. Just be patient and things will get better soon. At 3.5 weeks out, I feel awesome!!

I totally feel ya and regret mine right now as well. I did immediately and still do! I was sleeved April 30th. There are moments I forget I'm sleeved and then remember when I'm about to eat and I literally feel doom and either cry or want to cry. I made a huge mistake. :(

It gets better. I felt angry and thought I made a mistake in the liquid phase. I never had a real puree stage, just soft/mushy food, but once I could eat real food again (I thought I might forget how to chew) things turned around big time!

One thing to expect is feeling pretty miserable post-op. Some lucky people never feel the emotional pain, but plenty do. A lot of hormones are swirling around, pain meds add a little to the mix, and it's just plain tough the first few weeks.

You will get better. You will enjoy food again. Hunker down and baby yourself. You deserve it! Buy a new nightie, or lotion, or perfume. Order that over-priced whatever you've been denying yourself.

Dream up something fun to do when you are feeling better. Something only a skinnier person can do easily, because you will be that person!

Lynda

Hang in there. It gets better & gets easier. When I was able to eat a scrambled egg & a piece of toast (3 wks for me)...I felt a million times better. I am 12 weeks out now - I truly regret the surgery, but all I can do is make the best out of it. You will go through alot of different emotions. Most end up not regretting wls, most 'love their sleeve'...give it some time & you may be one of those people.

Best of luck to you!

I know exactly how u feel! :(( I'm soooo hungry and all Soups taste nasty. I feel like I can fit a lot and its only been 3 days post op. my family had a huge gathering and not even being able to have a little piece of chicken has made me so sad :(. I'm tired and cranky. I don't know if it possibly has something to do with my time of the month coming up soon but I am sad and feel so hungry and can't believe what I got myself into!

I hear it gets much better. I'm hoping so. Even cheating at this point didn't help because it makes you feel miserable.

When you get to some more 'normal' foods it will all start to seem doable again. Like an earlier poster scrambled eggs made my day/week/month. Baked Beans, chicken casserole, bolognaise sauce all good too and nice and soft - with my dr ok after 4 weeks.

I really like Soup so am lucky with that. I bought some lovely Thai Soups and added natural (no flavour) Protein powder to those.

Time will keep on passing and you'll experience lots of changes with it. With a bit of luck your 'new normal' will be much like your old one, but with smaller portion sizes. That's not too hard to live with.

I got to this point yesterday... I miss food. No other way to put it. I admit I used to eat food because it tasted good not necessarily because I was hungry. I know this is just a habit (like smoking) that needs to break but if you make meat pie filling and blitz it... It still tastes like meat pie filling but you may struggle more with texture of food than Taste

You're right, no matter how much you research, you're never fully prepared until you go through it. If it makes you feel better, tomorrow I'll be 7 months out and I feel completely normal. It took about 4 months to get used to my new way of eating and now I don't even think about the actual sleeve. I'm just focusing on getting healthy. food choices is still a struggle but I don't miss overeating. It gets better. The only choice you have is to get through the tough food phases. Good luck!

I was sleeved on the 22nd as well but only down 17lbs. I guess the food part isn't bothering me as much as losing the weight. Ive been at a stall for 4 days now. Not sure why but I don't want to do anything to mess this up, including going back to bad habits. I have however had numerous dreams about eating then woke up to reality! That sucked!