Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery is this coming Tuesday. I was wondering on the morning of my surgery will I be weighed in?

I didn't weigh in they use the weight taken from the office and they ask me my weight at the hospital oh but u will be taking a pregnancy test which was shocking because I took one at pre op

My surgery is Tuesday also!!! How are you feeling? I've been losing a whole lot of sleep!

To answer your question: Yes, I believe they will most definitely weigh you. My surgeons office told me that they want to see the weight from your first visit and compare it with day of surgery weight. See how well the preop diet did for you etc etc. Every office and practice is different though!

Thanks ladies ! Hi Lai ... I'm nervous lol. How are you doing with the pre op? I'm doing the opti and kinda of pissed that I'm not losing.

My surgery is Monday -- conversion from band to sleeve. I would think they would definitely weigh you pre surgery, because you will have lost weight on your pre op diet. My surgeon's office weighs me every time I set foot through the door!

I didn't not get weighed at the hospital prior to surgery, but I did weigh myself at home that morning and write that number down for posterity.

Thanks ladies ! Hi Lai ... I'm nervous lol. How are you doing with the pre op? I'm doing the opti and kinda of pissed that I'm not losing.

I'm nervous too!!! I've been having a tough time with the preop diet being that this is the third time doing it. I had two previous surgery dates that were cancelled because my Endo wouldn't clear me. So when they set this date (the 4th) I was like 'yeah right!' And BOOM I was actually cleared with my Endo. So I had been eating lightly not knowing that it was a go this time. I've been on full liquids since Tuesday though. My doc said that would be fine since I've already lost a good amount since my first visit to now.

You are usually either weighed or asked your weight at the hospital for any surgery. This is so the anesthesiologist can calculate the right amounts of meds to give you. Nothing to do with weight loss.

Sent from my iPad using VST

Thanks ! I've been on the for 2 weeks. I'm a little upset that I only lost 7 pounds. On Thursday I weighed in at the Dr's office when I signed consent and he cleared me.