Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok... so I was cleaning out my files and found some of the ridiculous diets I've done in the past. For fun, let's list all the fad diets we've tried in past (of which some did work, but we gained all the weight back as soon as we were off of it). Wow, can't believe I actually thought some of these were good ideas:) These don't even count the popular ones like HCG, Atkins, South Beach, etc.

Here goes:

Grapefruit diet

Miracle Soup diet (i.e. cabbage Soup diet)

Sacret Heart Hospital Diet for Overweight Heart Patients (summary: 7 day diet in which you ate specific foods - Day 1 - all fruits, except bananas; Day 2 - all veggies, no starches; Day 3 - eat day 1 and day 2 foods; Day 4 - eat up to 8 bananas and 8 glasses of skim milk, you can have the cabbage soup; Days 5-6 - beef and veggies; Day 7 - brown rice, unsweetened fruit juice and veggies.

Cleveland Clinic Diet (summary: 3 day diet that must be followed exactly - works on chemical breakdown)

Fit for Life food combining diet. You only eat raw fruit in the morning and never with anything else. Never cook fruit. I can't remember all the other combinations.

And the cookie diet!

And Herbalife, where you drink these disgusting shakes and take about 10 pills a day.

Atkins

Every diet pill

Weight Watchers....great program but couldn't stick with it

Cabbage Soup diet

Grapefruit diet

Slim Fast

I've lost and gained 50 pounds 4 times and I'm only 29!

Heavens, I've done almost every fad diet out there. Atkins, Cambridge diet, South Beach, Slim Fast, Grapefruit, Fen Phen, 1-food per meal diet, grapefruit, speed pills (in my teens/20's), Water Loading (great for the kidneys, you drink three glasses of water before every meal...theory being you won't eat as much because the water fills you up, UGH). You name it, I've probably tried it. I even did several self-made plans where I allowed myself three pre-made frozen meals a day that totaled 800-900 calories. I'd lose weight, but I gained it back always, with bonus pounds.

Ooooh gosh.. For me it would be easier to list a couple I haven't been on.

I remember my first was Ayds diet candy (ok, I wrote that and made myself laugh. I mean, how ridiculous could I be?)

I have to admit, misty's cookie diet sounds pretty good;)

Sheesh.. What in Sam Hill were we thinking?

sleep diet.

I'd like to say I'm joking. sleep as much as possible to avoid eating.

Where is my therapist?....

sleep diet.

I'd like to say I'm joking. sleep as much as possible to avoid eating.

Where is my therapist?....

I thought I was the only person who ever thought of it. It was my choice escapism especially during my 30 days juicing diets.

Oh yea! juice diet ...

Have done a million more but a few I don't see mentioned are

The pre-digested liquid Protein diet which was a bottle of red liquid and you took 2 spoonfuls 3-4 x's a day with NO other food at all. This was late 70's.

The Aspen Diet- was a infomercial in the 80's? where they sent you dry meals in pouches that you added hot Water to. Think oatmeal, grains, etc..

Another infomercial, don't remember the name of it but they sent you 2 inhalers like you would use for stuffy nose and 1 was supposed to supress your appetite, peppermint scent I think. The other one, get this, was supposed to break your habit of eating things that taste good but not good for you. Ex. take a big bit of a brownie, and then take a whiff of the inhaler which basically smelled like crap (literally) and then you would associate brownies with crap:)

Showing my age here!

Ha-ha-ha. I've been laughing so hard reading these. I have tears streaming down my face. And we actually bought into this crap out of desperation ...

Another one is the candy diet... I think I did it in college - you would just eat hard candy all day.... seriously.

Oh and then there was the 4 day diet.

Can't remember the order of days but it was

Day 1- 9 eggs

Day 2- 9 hot dogs

Day 3- 9 bananas

Day 4- 3 eggs, 3 hot dogs & 3 bananas

I forgot to mention all the "book diets" like the Zone, Sugar Busters, PCOS Diet, Blood Type Diet! And I tried a 40 day fast. Lasted 1.5 days LOL. And the Weigh Down Workshop which was a Christian one. And Intuitive Eating. There is a diet I didn't do based on a bible verse. In Daniel?

MistySJ, I remember that one. I think it is called the Daniel Diet. Supposedly, if we ate like the Old Testament people ate, we'd never be fat. Of course, that completely ignores that they were nomads who walked miles in the hot sun every day and worked like slaves for every bite of food they ate... or that they didn't have modern methods of food storage, preparation or preservation. I have a sister in law who has done that diet several times and swears by it. "I always lose 40 or 50 pounds on it"... then she gains that back with extras as soon as she starts eating "normal" again. I keep telling her I'm not "on a diet". I have changed my way of eating completely. :)

Deal a meal

The Diet Center

weight watchers

Physician's weight loss

LA Weight loss center

can't remember the name but it had you eating almost NO fat

Whatever Covert Baily's plan was called.. was that fit for life?

Atkins

South Beach

The 17 day diet

Honestly of all these diets, the only ones that I felt at all OK on were Atkins and South Beach.. I'm currently doing LCHF and the very low carb approach seems to work best for my body.