Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Aug 14 in Scottsdale AZ. So excited!!!!!

August 12th here!!!!!

I'm trying to get August 20th. I have me EGD next week and will know more after that. I'm in Dallas, TX.

I have become more loving of myself. What I mean is I have not wanted to take pictures for I felt my fat distorted my image. I was struggling with feeling sexy. Since I have been given my surgery date I have been working out constantly and starting to feel that after the surgery I will have a new life. The two things bugging me the most is my husband will be absence ( in military (will be underway) :( ). Further, I hear the gas after surgery is a nightmare. Outside of these two things I am READY!!!!

I'm trying to get August 20th. I have me EGD next week and will know more after that. I'm in Dallas, TX.

I see you are doing yours in dallas. May I ask what doctor will you use? I am using Dr. Kuhn and my date is Aug. 19th at BUMC.

I am so excited, and yet so ready to get this over with. I feel like I am ready to start my new life and be slimmer and healthier, but time is not excited with me, lol Anybody started getting your SF popsicles, Clear Liquids, and Protein shakes/powders, and gas strips.. etc....??

I am so excited' date=' and yet so ready to get this over with. I feel like I am ready to start my new life and be slimmer and healthier, but time is not excited with me, lol Anybody started getting your SF popsicles, clear liquids, and Protein shakes/powders, and gas strips.. etc....??[/quote']

I have my liquid Vitamins all set, and just got a really nice digital scale. Monday is my pre-surgical testing. 23 more days!!

I have all my Vitamins and Protein powders. I'm ordering my food scale and ninja from Amazon. I start my preop diet in 10 days! Eeeks.

And....I am the exact same way about my appearance now. I cringe when I see recent pictures of myself =( It only started happening recently and it's annoying me! Maybe I was so in denial about how unhappy my weight made me that it's taking a major change to make me realize it. I dunno. i also feel like I'm counting down till my punishment starts. I've been working on this since December and kept getting more excited as I ticked things off the checklist. Now that everything is in place and now it's a waiting game, my nerves are getting the best of me.

I need to kick my own butt and stop with the head games. it's starting to tick me off lol

This morning I had my husband take photos of me in my underwear. I start my pre op Optifast tomorrow and I want to document all parts of my journey. It's interesting...... I know I'm big.... I know I'm overweight..... I dress amazingly....but under those clothes it ain't so pretty... I was kind of horrified... I look at myself I the mirror each day but photos really show you every little (and large) lump and bump! I was not impressed. It really brought to home and really confirmed why I am doing this surgery.

So this is kind of off topic but not entirely.

I've been realizing lately that I notice my fat a lot more.

I think with my surgery date approaching (Aug 15) I am letting myself see what my body really looks like. After so many years of being unhappy with my body I think I created a kind of mental block to what it really looked like. But now that surgery is fast approaching I keep noticing how tight my clothes really are, how far my tummy pooches over my jeans....stuff like that.

I think it's a healthy thing, so I can see where I'm truly coming from, and hopefully in a few months, see how far I've come.

Is anyone else having this kind of reaction to upcoming surgery?

I am! I just thought I was being hyper sensitive. I am thinking its probably a good thing for me. I

I'm doing this too!! I have been very body positive for a long time now, and haven't had any problem with the way I look. I only wanted surgery because I was prediabetic. Now that surgery is fast approaching (Aug 14th) I am much more aware and concerned about rolls, jiggly spot, ect. It's new for me! I'm glad I'm not the only one going through this.

I have all my Vitamins and Protein powders. I'm ordering my food scale and ninja from Amazon. I start my preop diet in 10 days! Eeeks.

And....I am the exact same way about my appearance now. I cringe when I see recent pictures of myself =( It only started happening recently and it's annoying me! Maybe I was so in denial about how unhappy my weight made me that it's taking a major change to make me realize it. I dunno. i also feel like I'm counting down till my punishment starts. I've been working on this since December and kept getting more excited as I ticked things off the checklist. Now that everything is in place and now it's a waiting game, my nerves are getting the best of me.

I need to kick my own butt and stop with the head games. it's starting to tick me off lol

I missed your post but I am having the same anxiety as you. Even though my doctor hasn't reccomended a preop diet I think I may do one to stop all the 'last meal' thoughts I've been having. Like.. every time I eat something i get so emotional thinking that I can't ever have it again. I know thats an unhealthy frame of mine, the focus needs to be on me and not the food!

After waiting 2-1/2 years, I'm finally being sleeved in August. I had so much trouble getting to this point, I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. Sure enough, the surgeon's office called, saying I needed to come in again for another evaluation. I said NO, HELL NO. Enough is enough.

My sleeve date is Aug. 26 in Denton, TX. It's about 35 miles north of Dallas. I'm going to try and push it up to Aug 23, if possible.

Can't wait to share this journey with all of you August 2013 Sleevers.