Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do your feet really shrink?

Yup. They sure do. I hadn't worn my dress shoes until almost 2 months after I was sleeved. I got dressed, put on my shoes (Yes, I only have 1 pair of dress shoes lol) and they were flopping on my feet. It was too late to stop & try to find a new pair. I was walking up the stairs at the event I went to & I literally stepped right out of my shoe!

You had a Cinderella moment--okay, I know, Cindy was LEAVING the party, but still! Great excuse to go shoe shopping! :D

Having been skinny before gaining my weight and now having had the sleeve, I can say without a doubt your feet shrink and grow with your body. I used to be 105, and wore a size 6, when I was 265, I wore a 7.5-8. I am not 180, and already back into a 6.5-7. So all you shoe divas like me, BEWARE! Lol! I already had a run in with my shrinking feet. I bought a pari of KILLER heels from Chinese Laundry in Nov right after my surgery, size 8, I keep all of my shoes in their original boxes, and put them on to wear with a hot new outfit...not so fast! I step right in, and right back out of them! Luckily Chinese Laundry has excellent customer service and is letting me exchange them for a smaller size even though it's been 6 months.

100 pounds down and my feet are still the same length...I've been wearing a size 10 since 6th grade so I don't think they'll get shorter at this point! My feet are a bit narrower and my instep is not as full so I can more easily fit into shoes... I used to be a "wide" width in many shoes.. I went to the shoe store last week to get fitted for some new athletic shoes.... and he came out with a MEDIUM WIDTH!!!! After I bought the shoes, I wandered over to the Dansko section and tried on a pair of danskos in medium width and they fit perfectly.... SO AWESOME because in the past, I was limited to only the plain shoes because those were the only ones that were offered in wide.. But now I can wear any cute pattern I want... I ordered a patent leather floral design... YAY for NSVs!

You had a Cinderella moment--okay, I know, Cindy was LEAVING the party, but still! Great excuse to go shoe shopping! :D

I totally did. I was actually at a bar in Manhattan for a friends wedding reception. My bf was already up the stairs ahead of me, but an attractive bouncer at the bottom of the stairs got me shoe & held it out for me to slip back on! LOL. It was great. When we were leaving he said, "Goodnight Cinderella". Maybe my bf isn't my Prince Charming after all. ;)

Yep, the feet shrink and I am so sad because I love my shoe collection...but then again, new opportunity to go shopping!

Yep, mine have gone down about one size - from a 10 to 8.5-9. I used to be an 8 before I had kids/gained weight. I step right out of all the old shoes I had. I have a newish pair of sperrys with a floral sparkle. and I only wore them once or twice, and now they are too big. Too bad you can't alter shoes.

My feet are narrower, but I hope no one ever calls me Cinderella! :angry:

Wow I can't wait for my feet to loose weight too LMAO :)

Oops! My mistake. I thought the title "feet shrink" was a misspelling. I was all fired up to talk about how my "feet stink!" :rolleyes:

P.S. I hope the feet shrinking thing is not applicable to the hands and um, other parts, I can't afford to lose half a size anywhere else!

post-46516-13813666232698_thumb.jpg

Oops! My mistake. I thought the title "feet shrink" was a misspelling. I was all fired up to talk about how my "feet stink!" :rolleyes:

P.S. I hope the feet shrinking thing is not applicable to the hands and um' date=' other parts, I can't afford to lose half a size anywhere else!

[/quote']

LoL u got me cracking up :)

Mine shrunk about 1 size :)

Great Question! I would really like to know the answer to this from some of the Vets on here. I have a lot of High Steppers (High Heel Shoes) that I really do not want to part with. Unless this will give me a reason to replenish my shoe closet. Ummmmmmmm

Hate to break it to you but you'd best start parting with some t make room for a smaller size. :D

It seems to happen for most. I have gone down half a size so far and that size is starting to get loose.

Mine went from size 10 to 8.5

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o:( :( You mean I gave away all my Ferragamo shoes that were too small on me but maybe I'd get back into them???? I'm too poor to rebuy them now! I was single when I bought them! WAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :( :(

everything shrinks. literally.