Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New sleeve patient, post op (5 dsys)

Hi everyone. I have been reading threads and posts all day. This app is addicting, but incredibly helpful. I got a lot of great ideas for puréed foods... Going to ask the doctor about them tomorrow.

So I decided to introduce myself like the message I got said to. I am a rule follower I guess. Back to the point... My name is Samantha. I'm a 30 year old, single, female from central Florida. I also teach high school math. The first day of summer break in my county was May 24th, and that also happens to be my surgery date.

I had my sleeve done at Sebastian River Medical Center in Sebastian, FL. This is about an hour south of where I live. The drive is well worth it to have the best surgeon around. His name is Patrick Domkowski, but really he is just an angel from God. My mom had the sleeve done by him and I truly believe he saved her life.

I am now 5 days post-op and things seem to be getting a little bit better each day.

I would love to meet some people around my age that would be interested in talking and sharing experiences to learn from one another. Thanks for taking the time to meet me. :)

Welcome ...I'm 3mos out there is a group on here for 30's something hope this helps I'm also on myfitnesspal app on my phone and online this app has been great good luck with your new life have a great summer..

Hi Samantha, I'm Liz. I'm a 33 year old mom from the Chicago area. I was sleeved on May 23rd and would love to connect!

Hi Samantha!

My name is Kendra and I am 35 from Southern California. I am still taking my classes so I don't have a surgery date yet! I would love to hear all about your journey! Congrats to you !

Kendra, are the same one that is friends with Cher Rue?

Hi Sammantha,

My name is Carolina, 32 years old and from the Jacksonville, FL area. So we are almost neighbors :-) my paperwork was submitted this week. Just waiting on the approval. I'm sooo anxious for them to get back to me.

Hey my name i becky i am 29 i am just waiting on meeting with the surgeon. Nice to meet u and good luck

Hi Samantha, my name is Martha, sorry I know I'm not around you age....I'm 44 years old, married one daughter(16 years old), my 1st appt with Dr. DOMKOWSKI was May 2nd, on June 10th I have 3 appointments (Psich, nut and internal Dr for a recommendation for surgery) my pre-op is July 8th, I am very excited and little scare but when I met the Dr. He gave me so much confidence and I agree with you he is an angel from God and help to changes our lives. I live 3 1/2 hours from a Sebastian but is the best choice that I ever made. Good luck to you.

Welcome ...I'm 3mos out there is a group on here for 30's something hope this helps I'm also on myfitnesspal app on my phone and online this app has been great good luck with your new life have a great summer..

How do I find this group? I'd really like to join. Thanks for the info. :)

Hi Samantha' date=' I'm Liz. I'm a 33 year old mom from the Chicago area. I was sleeved on May 23rd and would love to connect![/quote']

Hey Liz,

I have family in Chicago. You were sleeved just a day before me! How are you feeling? How has your recovery been? What is your diet like at this point?

Hi Samantha!

My name is Kendra and I am 35 from Southern California. I am still taking my classes so I don't have a surgery date yet! I would love to hear all about your journey! Congrats to you !

Hey Kendra! I am happy to answer any questions that I can. I know that there is a lot of anxiety pre-surgery. Just know that it is all worth it in the end. :)

Hi Sammantha' date='

My name is Carolina, 32 years old and from the Jacksonville, FL area. So we are almost neighbors :-) my paperwork was submitted this week. Just waiting on the approval. I'm sooo anxious for them to get back to me.[/quote']

Good luck with all the paper work. It can be so stressful and cause a lot of anxiety. I hope you hear news soon. Keep me posted!

Hi Samantha' date=' my name is Martha, sorry I know I'm not around you age....I'm 44 years old, married one daughter(16 years old), my 1st appt with Dr. DOMKOWSKI was May 2nd, on June 10th I have 3 appointments (Psich, nut and internal Dr for a recommendation for surgery) my pre-op is July 8th, I am very excited and little scare but when I met the Dr. He gave me so much confidence and I agree with you he is an angel from God and help to changes our lives. I live 3 1/2 hours from a Sebastian but is the best choice that I ever made. Good luck to you.[/quote']

Hey Martha. I don't really care about your age! :) it's cool that you see Dr D too. He really is just the best. I love him. Couldn't say enough great things. Where do you live?

I had to do all the same appointments you are talking about. Are you seeing the psychiatrist in vero beach? If so she is awesome. She had the bypass and will show you her before and after pictures. It makes it very easy to talk to her. She has been where we have been.

Keep me posted on your progress and good luck! :)

-Samantha

Samantha, I live in Hudson by the west coast. And yes She is at Vero Beach. I read her web page and I am really glad to know she understand where we come from. :) I am going to ad you as my friend if is ok with you. Keep us post with your progress.