Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who is pre-op and who is post op?

And if you are post-op, can you share your status? (how long ago surg. how much have you lost, any complication?

I am 6 days post op, had my surgery in Plano, TX at Victory Medical with Dr. Nicholson. I have lost 27 pounds, 12 of which were lost during the 2 week preop diet. I am having no problems getting my liquids in and am almost feeling normal. The only real pain I have is from the larger incision on the left side of my belly where they removed my stomach. I will be going back to work tomorrow (desk job).

I am 4 days post-op...Clear liquids went just fine for me. Today was 1sst day of full liquids...I had sugar free pudding for Breakfast. Currnelty eating cream of chicken Soup for lunch. I am however not doing as well as mystigal...I have lost 7 lbs since my pre-op diet..but they say the 1st of recover very normal to not lose or even gain weight do to swelling and the iv Fluid they pump into you at the hopsital. I am still sore in a couple of my incisions. Today is much better than yesterday and I am sure tomorrow will be even better.

I was sleeved on 02/11/13. I was 262 on the day of surgery, had no complications. I was able to start exercising again the Saturday following surgery. My energy levels are much greater than they were pre-surgery. I do have problems getting enough liquids in, but I feel that it's because I feel full much longer after eating than I expected I would.

2 months and 1 week post op. Down 52 pounds. Thankfully no complications.

Sleeved December 10, 2012 surgery weight was 379 as of last Friday weight is currently 262. That makes 117 in about 5 and a half months.

MystiGal,

Why do you have a large incision on your tummy? Didn't your doc do your surg laprascopacly?

It sounds like you are doing well other than that. Wow, to be 6 days post-op <sigh> from a pre-opper

Lisha,

What a great attitude you have about the slow start. It's mathematically impossible for you to have such a drastic reduction in calories -- and not lose all the weight you want. I'm routing for you!

warmly,

WeeWers

Chaparra,

You look great for being in your 60's <tee-hee>

WeeWers

I am possibly one month, or just over one month pre-op. my insurance was submitted for insurance this last Tuesday, and my coordinator says that assuming the testing turns out ok, it will be within a month till surgery!

MystiGal,

Why do you have a large incision on your tummy? Didn't your doc do your surg laprascopacly?

It sounds like you are doing well other than that. Wow, to be 6 days post-op <sigh> from a pre-opper

Yes, I have 4 small incisions and one larger incision on the left side where they remove the stomach. I believe this is pretty standard for most. My smaller incisions are maybe an inch long and the "larger" incision is about 2-3 inches long.

Karpo,

So far you and I seem to be the only pre-oppers. I'm a month or 2 out as well. The wait is hard but when I read on the post-op boards -- and so *many* people are having a *terrible* time after surgery, I'm feeling a bit nervous.

warmly,

WeeWers

Karpo' date='

So far you and I seem to be the only pre-oppers. I'm a month or 2 out as well. The wait is hard but when I read on the post-op boards -- and so *many* people are having a *terrible* time after surgery, I'm feeling a bit nervous.

warmly,

WeeWers[/quote']

Weewers, I look at it like this. Most of the people who will post are the ones who aren't happy, whereas the moderately or extaticly happy are off enjoying their lives ;)

Karpo,

warmly,

WeeWers

I think there are a lot more that don't have issues post -op than one who do. It's just that the ones having issues are seeking help or complaining. Us, who had no issues or anything to note don't have anything to post about.

My surgery was awesome. I woke up without any pain and no anesthesia effects at all. It was as if I woke from a good night sleep. I got up and walked the day away and if I didn't have to stay the required 2nights I would have gone straight to the hotel. Once I was there, my daughter and I were off sightseeing and shopping. Nonstop vacationing for the next several days. If it wasn't for my glued/taped incisions and the fact i couldnt eat more than a few sips of broth.. I would questions if I had the surgery at all.

So.. Most have an uneventful surgery or maybe a first couple weeks of minor pain. It's doable!

I'm 3 1/2 months post op. My highest weight was last Novemer...256. I'm now at 191...down 65 pounds. Feeling great. No surgical complications...no pain. Never needed pain meds at home. But I will be honest...the first two weeks post op were hard for me. I got dehydrated, constipated and was generally tired. All that cleared rather quickly. I was back to work in less than 2 weeks.