Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May sleevers! How much have you lost so far?

Surgery 5/22 - down 52 lbs. including 1 week pre-op. Started at 244 and now I'm 192 (I haven't been under 200 in 10 years!). Down about 3 sizes now - love my sleeve :D

So proud of you! Can't wait to join you in the one-derful weight category! 20 lbs to go for me!

How long does a stall usually last? I have been at the same weight for 3 weeks. I am hoping it is a normal process and I need to be happy about the 48lbs I lost, but when it came off so quick and then a dead halt... I'm just a little frustrated. I started at 232. Maybe someone else has had a similar experience. Congrats to everyone!! Your stories give me so much hope!!

I was sleeved on May 15th. My starting weight was 242 and now I am 204.

I guess 38 lbs is good but those last four pounds are killing me.

OH and I dont have a thyroid and that could be slowing me down some.

So do you think I am normal? Or do I need to step it up some?

Surgery on May 7. Lost 35 pound total in first 2 months. Have been stalling for the past month and am worried that I may be through. My BMI was a 36 before surgery but the dr thought I would lose quite a bit more than this. Anyone else in my boat?

Dear Pink Dragoness, Please don't get discouraged. You aren't finished losing. My NUT illustrated sleeve weight loss as a staircase. You sit on one step for a while before you drop to the next step and then sit for a while and then drop to another step. This has been true for me. How about you? Also, my surgeon just told me, on Tuesday, that the further along the more important exercise becomes. We can actually reset our metabolism by exercising now that we have the sleeve. So, if you aren't exercising much, do "step it up" as you mentioned in your post. Best wishes to you and all May sleevers!

How long does a stall usually last? I have been at the same weight for 3 weeks. I am hoping it is a normal process and I need to be happy about the 48lbs I lost, but when it came off so quick and then a dead halt... I'm just a little frustrated. I started at 232. Maybe someone else has had a similar experience. Congrats to everyone!! Your stories give me so much hope!!

Tarareed2010 - My NUT illustrated sleeve weight loss as a staircase. You sit on one step for a while before you drop to the next step and then sit for a while before then dropping to another step. This has been true for me. How about you? Also, my surgeon just told me, on Tuesday, that the further along the more important exercise becomes. We can actually reset our metabolism by exercising now that we have the sleeve. Are you exercising several times a week?

Dear Pink Dragoness' date=' Please don't get discouraged. You aren't finished losing. My NUT illustrated sleeve weight loss as a staircase. You sit on one step for a while before you drop to the next step and then sit for a while and then drop to another step. This has been true for me. How about you? Also, my surgeon just told me, on Tuesday, that the further along the more important exercise becomes. We can actually reset our metabolism by exercising now that we have the sleeve. So, if you aren't exercising much, do "step it up" as you mentioned in your post. Best wishes to you and all May sleevers![/quote']

Thank you for your encouragement. I will start month 4 with a positive attitude, step up the movements, and lay off the nuts. I also downloaded fitness pal as someone suggested so I can start tracking what I eat. This site is such an uplift. Thanks to you all

You and I are about the same right now.

HW 299

SW 289

CW 245

I haven't exercised much. But that is about to change today. :)

HW 325

SW 268

CW 222

surgery 5/13

turned 40 5/21

I exercised a lot more before surgery in the pre-op phase. But life is getting in the way more than anything else. I've been in a slow-down the last few weeks on the weight loss, but I'm down 103, so I'm not complaining. It's taken a bit of adjusting to what I look like in the mirror. I'm 5'10", so my goal is somewhere around 170 to be "normal" versus "overweight" but I haven't been less than 200 since high school.

I'd like to see onederland! I'm going to work on it.

My surgeon (at the 3 month follow up) said the average is 55% of excess weight loss post-op (so whatever you had to lose based on your SW, you're going to lose 55% of it by the first year, on average, for sleeve). I don't know why I'm doing so well in terms of numbers. But I'm glad I did surgery!

Kathy

Like so many of you, I had been in a stall for a couple of weeks, but today I stepped on the scale and had lost 2.2 lbs since Tuesday of this week. What a feeling! What a blessing! I believe my NUT's analogy of the staircase is accurate. Here's to being on a lower step! Hope that you are experiencing blessings too! :D

HW 325

SW 268

CW 222

surgery 5/13

turned 40 5/21

I exercised a lot more before surgery in the pre-op phase. But life is getting in the way more than anything else. I've been in a slow-down the last few weeks on the weight loss, but I'm down 103, so I'm not complaining. It's taken a bit of adjusting to what I look like in the mirror. I'm 5'10", so my goal is somewhere around 170 to be "normal" versus "overweight" but I haven't been less than 200 since high school.

I'd like to see onederland! I'm going to work on it.

My surgeon (at the 3 month follow up) said the average is 55% of excess weight loss post-op (so whatever you had to lose based on your SW, you're going to lose 55% of it by the first year, on average, for sleeve). I don't know why I'm doing so well in terms of numbers. But I'm glad I did surgery!

Kathy

Wow! Kathy! Over 100 lbs down! That is terrific! So proud of you! Your surgeon's stat is an interesting one. Based on posts from other May sleevers, most of us are going to blow that stat out of the water! That is if I am calculating correctly. I weighed 251 at surgery time. So I needed to lose 107 lbs to reach my goal. 55% of that is 58 lbs. I have already lost 46 lbs. in just over three months. Did I calculate correctly? I hope so and I find this to be very encouraging!

Surgery on May 7. Lost 35 pound total in first 2 months. Have been stalling for the past month and am worried that I may be through. My BMI was a 36 before surgery but the dr thought I would lose quite a bit more than this. Anyone else in my boat?

Hi pink drogoness! I'm in your boat too. I was sleeved may 7 and, like you have lost 35pound. I thought I was a slow loser but after talking to my dietician and surgeon they have both assured me I am on track. I think because you hear a lot of different reviews from people (mostly fantastic WL stories) on here the people who are on track or a little slower seem to hide in the wood work. Don't get discouraged and keep up the good work. I was worried too but had to retrain my brain!!

Tarareed2010 - My NUT illustrated sleeve weight loss as a staircase. You sit on one step for a while before you drop to the next step and then sit for a while before then dropping to another step. This has been true for me. How about you? Also' date=' my surgeon just told me, on Tuesday, that the further along the more important exercise becomes. We can actually reset our metabolism by exercising now that we have the sleeve. Are you exercising several times a week?[/quote']

I was in the beginning... I'm a teacher and we are gearing back up to start school this coming week so I have not made it to the gym like I need to... Excuses, excuses... Thank you for the staircase visual... It makes sense to me. This was my first stall, I have lost 54lbs and it has been pretty consistent. I am sure slacking off in the gym hurts too

Hi everyone!

HW. 348

SW. 307

CW. 260

Surgery date 5/21/13

[ATTACH]16933[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]16933[/ATTACH]

Date of surgery

[ATTACH]16934[/ATTACH]

current

post-52285-13813668812468_thumb.png

post-52285-13813668813142_thumb.png