Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May sleevers! How much have you lost so far?

I was sleeved on the 23rd as well and lost 20 lbs in one week. I'm only weighing weekly so I'm not sure about my next weigh in until Thursday. ..I didn't have a pre op though. I know I wont lose anywhere close to 20 lbs every week.

So an update (because i hit the 2 week mark):

Week 1: 20lbs

Week 2: 6lbs

great job, Janice...I am still praying to end my almost two week stall as of today (my one month surgiversary) :mellow:

Sleeved on May 16th and I have lost 21 lbs... I've stalled for the past 6 days but now i see it's normal... Just wishing it would jumpstart again... :)

Hi!!! I was sleeved on may 18, total with preop 27 pounds. My doctor sais I have to be able to take 30 min. To finish each meal but it is impossible. The longest I can take is 15. Can anyone give me tips? Should I really worry? I started on soft food two days ago and I can finish half a cup of food. I really feel full to burst in the end but can eat all my portion. HELP!

Well, I've been stuck at the same weight now since May 28th or so. Even then, I think I'd lost maybe 2 lbs or so since coming home after surgery. So I'm almost 4 weeks post-op, down ~12 lbs.

I'll still take it...never lost 12 lbs in a month before, but am REALLY trying hard to not worry. I seem to go back and forth a lot...really hungry one day, then the next, having trouble (not physical trouble, just not wanting anything) eating much at all.

The thing that's keeping me going is that my pants are all comfortable now.

Sleeved on the 28th and I've lost 22!

Well' date=' I've been stuck at the same weight now since May 28th or so. Even then, I think I'd lost maybe 2 lbs or so since coming home after surgery. So I'm almost 4 weeks post-op, down ~12 lbs.

I'll still take it...never lost 12 lbs in a month before, but am REALLY trying hard to not worry. I seem to go back and forth a lot...really hungry one day, then the next, having trouble (not physical trouble, just not wanting anything) eating much at all.

The thing that's keeping me going is that my pants are all comfortable now.[/quote']

If you lose 12 pounds every month, you would lose 144 pounds in one year!!!!

If you lose 12 pounds every month, you would lose 144 pounds in one year!!!!

I know, it's just a bit difficult hearing higher numbers from other people. I know it's "relative"...those people might need to lose a lot more than me. And I really am ok with losing it slowly as long as I DO lose it...

cinward, I am past the point of frustration now with my weight loss...I lost 20 lbs the first two weeks when I was on the post-op liquid phase; as soon as I started eating soft foods, I hit a stall...for the first week and even the second week, I tried to be patient and listened to others who had stalls up to 2 weeks...but I am now 5 weeks out from surgery and have lost maybe an additional 2 lbs in the last 3 weeks...I just think it is ridiculous and unheard of...I am following the program my surgeon and nutritionist set for me...some days I get 500-600 calories in but can't quite reach my Protein goal...on days when I meet or exceed my protein goal, I may eat between 700 and 800 calories...I am also walking daily...pre-surgery, I was pretty much eating what I wanted, and I am certain I was eating 2000 calories most days...and I wasn't doing much exercise if any...I wasn't losing weight--true--but I wasn't gaining weight either...it is very frustrating to make such drastic changes to your body and with your eating habits but to not see results...I have been worrying about it seriously for over a week and am almost to the point of regretting the surgery...but it's not reversible and I have to continue the program...I am basically just throwing my hands up and just convincing myself that "it is what it is" :mellow:

cinward, I am past the point of frustration now with my weight loss...I lost 20 lbs the first two weeks when I was on the post-op liquid phase; as soon as I started eating soft foods, I hit a stall...for the first week and even the second week, I tried to be patient and listened to others who had stalls up to 2 weeks...but I am now 5 weeks out from surgery and have lost maybe an additional 2 lbs in the last 3 weeks...I just think it is ridiculous and unheard of...I am following the program my surgeon and nutritionist set for me...some days I get 500-600 calories in but can't quite reach my Protein goal...on days when I meet or exceed my protein goal, I may eat between 700 and 800 calories...I am also walking daily...pre-surgery, I was pretty much eating what I wanted, and I am certain I was eating 2000 calories most days...and I wasn't doing much exercise if any...I wasn't losing weight--true--but I wasn't gaining weight either...it is very frustrating to make such drastic changes to your body and with your eating habits but to not see results...I have been worrying about it seriously for over a week and am almost to the point of regretting the surgery...but it's not reversible and I have to continue the program...I am basically just throwing my hands up and just convincing myself that "it is what it is" :mellow:

tigerbelle - your story sounds just like mine. I hit 5 weeks out this last Thursday. I lost 18 lbs pre-op and only 6.6 since the surgery. Now, let me say, that is a 24.6 lb loss in 7 weeks. I am so grateful! I do get discouraged thinking that I am the only sleever who isn't losing. I get between 40-70 grams of protein every single day, but I do not always get 64 oz of Water in addition to Protein Shakes (there is some disagreement about whether or not you can count protein shakes toward your water intake). I am exercising more than I did before surgery with walking, riding a recumbent bike and, starting tomorrow, water aerobics. Not sure why you and I are stalled for so long. Because everyone else on the forums seems to be losing like crazy, I felt the same as you: "It's unheard of" to be losing so little. But now we have found one another! I am trying really hard not be discouraged and not to regret the surgery. Perhaps we can encourage each other along the way privately. I will send you a friend request. Best wishes for lots of losing!

tigerbelle - your story sounds just like mine. I hit 5 weeks out this last Thursday. I lost 18 lbs pre-op and only 6.6 since the surgery. Now' date=' let me say, that is a 24.6 lb loss in 7 weeks. I am so grateful! I do get discouraged thinking that I am the only sleever who isn't losing. I get between 40-70 grams of Protein every single day, but I do not always get 64 oz of Water in addition to Protein shakes (there is some disagreement about whether or not you can count Protein Shakes toward your Water intake). I am exercising more than I did before surgery with walking, riding a recumbent bike and, starting tomorrow, water aerobics. Not sure why you and I are stalled for so long. Because everyone else on the forums seems to be losing like crazy, I felt the same as you: "It's unheard of" to be losing so little. But now we have found one another! I am trying really hard not be discouraged and not to regret the surgery. Perhaps we can encourage each other along the way privately. I will send you a friend request. Best wishes for lots of losing![/quote']

You two are not alone!!! I am getting so discouraged! I was sleeved May 8th. Lost 14 pre op and 11 post op. haven't lost anything for over two weeks. I'm having a hard time figuring out my new stomach and all the messages it is sending me. I'm trying to be thankful for the 25lbs as that's 1/4 of my 100lb goal. But if I'm being honest, compared to all the others in my support group, I suck at loosing weight!

I'll just keep on going.

You two are not alone!!! I am getting so discouraged! I was sleeved May 8th. Lost 14 pre op and 11 post op. haven't lost anything for over two weeks. I'm having a hard time figuring out my new stomach and all the messages it is sending me. I'm trying to be thankful for the 25lbs as that's 1/4 of my 100lb goal. But if I'm being honest, compared to all the others in my support group, I suck at loosing weight!

I'll just keep on going.

Djstola: I am sorry that you are experiencing the same frustration that we are. But I must say that I am encouraged by your post because it shows that, indeed, we are not alone! I am so excited that we have connected! I am going to friend request you!

2 weeks before the operation and I was 325. The day of I was 296. Today June 9th I'm at 255 and I'm feeling and looking great. I'm still going strong and on a great path. Still getting used to what I can and can't tolerate when I eat. I want to know is post work out Protein Shakes a meal or considered a liquid? Can I drink Water within the hour of drinking it. ?