Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Chicago sleevers

That's great progress! Trust me' date=' you want that thyroid figured out first. I've been on meds for about 2 years now and its risky to not have balanced numbers and go through surgery. I'm not exactly sure on the specifics but I definitely had to get it tested and make sure my tsh was at an acceptable number. I read something that said "risk of sudden death after surgery" and said I'm not taking any chances! When I went to the pre op day I told them I had occasionally felt heart palpitations so they sent me downstairs for an ekg. Took maybe 10 minutes and I was on to my other appts. As long as you answer all their questions that should tell them wether to send you for one or not. Oh and everyone calls me Tab lol[/quote']

Thanks.. i had lab work on monday and normal range is up to 4.2 and im at 6.27. If its postponed i can only be upset w myself but want to be safe overall. Maybe they will do another test next week. I started pre op diet on tuesday and lost 3 lbs already so im happy w that.

Thanks.. i had lab work on monday and normal range is up to 4.2 and im at 6.27. If its postponed i can only be upset w myself but want to be safe overall. Maybe they will do another test next week. I started pre op diet on tuesday and lost 3 lbs already so im happy w that.

Might take only a few weeks to stabilize. 3 pounds less you'll have to lose after surgery! Yay!

Might take only a few weeks to stabilize. 3 pounds less you'll have to lose after surgery! Yay!

I know!!!! Very happy and i will stay on this diet even if they postpone so hopefully will still be losing so im good either way. Thanks for the positive spin on it. I feel much better!

Thats so great!!! Ive been wondering how you are. Im all ready.. i saw Angela at the Univ on Monday and said i met someone on a forum and she said your so nice and great to deal with' date=' she was happy and laughed when i said but i only know her screen name LOL! I am nervous because she said if my thyroid is out of whack they may have to postpone surgery. So ive been takin my meds and praying. I wanted to ask you if you had to have an ekg or see a cardiologist? I didnt and dont knw if i shld ask abt it.[/quote']

I did not know you were at the university of Chicago. It is nice to know that I have people on here that come from the same hospital. By the way I love Angela to pieces and she keeps it real honest with you.

I did not know you were at the university of Chicago. It is nice to know that I have people on here that come from the same hospital. By the way I love Angela to pieces and she keeps it real honest with you.

Hi! Oh wow how cool! Yes Angela is great and keeps it very real lol. Ilove that about her. So which dr did your surgery? How are you feeling?

I had dr Hussain and he is so nice. I am doing well. I had surgery on 8/29 and it has been a little bit of a struggle just pulling everything together each day. I am down 22 pounds since surgery but total since starting the process 39. If you need another sister along this road I am here.

I had dr Hussain and he is so nice. I am doing well. I had surgery on 8/29 and it has been a little bit of a struggle just pulling everything together each day. I am down 22 pounds since surgery but total since starting the process 39. If you need another sister along this road I am here.

Thanks so much and congrats on your loss! Yes i need all the help i can get lol!

I am here whenever you need me. Lol

Today is my 2 month surgerversary and I'm down 37 lbs so far...

Sent from my ADR6330VW using VST

Today is my 2 month surgerversary and I'm down 37 lbs so far...

Sent from my ADR6330VW using VST

Congrats!

I did another thyroid test and labs were normal... SURGERY FRIDAY!!!????????????????????????????

Today is my 2 month surgerversary and I'm down 37 lbs so far... Sent from my ADR6330VW using VST

Awesome job!!!! My 3 month Surgerversary is today an I'm down 44. Your doing great!!!!

I just want to say to everyone here that has made the change you are doing a great job and just take one day at a time. For those getting prepared for the change you are also doing great for taking the steps to get to you date and come to the other side. Congrats to everyone!!!!!