Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Chicago sleevers

How is everyone doing? Going Wednesday for my Psyc eval and I will try to get him to push the consult note thru quick..lol

Feeling good. Tomorrow will be one week post op. Due to my insurance being kind of a butt about nexium, I haven't had a acid reducer but my nurse called in prilosec today so I'm going to get that. I hope that makes some sort of difference with the chest pressure and burps. Today is my first day watching my 3 dogs and 16 month old alone so wish me luck!

Feeling good. Tomorrow will be one week post op. Due to my insurance being kind of a butt about nexium, I haven't had a acid reducer but my nurse called in prilosec today so I'm going to get that. I hope that makes some sort of difference with the chest pressure and burps. Today is my first day watching my 3 dogs and 16 month old alone so wish me luck!

Good luck. The dogs should be ok but your 16 month old may be a handful. The first time I watched my 16 month old granddaughter by myself I had a problem and had to call upon her other grandmother to help.

Feeling good. Tomorrow will be one week post op. Due to my insurance being kind of a butt about nexium' date=' I haven't had a acid reducer but my nurse called in prilosec today so I'm going to get that. I hope that makes some sort of difference with the chest pressure and burps. Today is my first day watching my 3 dogs and 16 month old alone so wish me luck![/quote']

Good luck! Just take it easy.

Feeling good. Tomorrow will be one week post op. Due to my insurance being kind of a butt about nexium' date=' I haven't had a acid reducer but my nurse called in prilosec today so I'm going to get that. I hope that makes some sort of difference with the chest pressure and burps. Today is my first day watching my 3 dogs and 16 month old alone so wish me luck![/quote']

I was the same way my insurance gave me a hard time about nexium. It has been almost three weeks and this reflux has been hell. I just got the doctor to change it and I got them yesterday and I feel so much better.

Yes. The acid reducer changed everything lol I'm feeling sooo good now. Almost forget I had surgery at times...then I move and remember! It's not bad. Just sore. No pain meds and Water is going down much easier. I'll be glad to move to soft foods tho! Sick of puree.

Yes. The acid reducer changed everything lol I'm feeling sooo good now. Almost forget I had surgery at times...then I move and remember! It's not bad. Just sore. No pain meds and Water is going down much easier. I'll be glad to move to soft foods tho! Sick of puree.

So glad your feeling good

Hi. I am in the suburbs and I just got my surgery date. Can't wait to be part of the losers club.

Hey there! What suburb? And what surgeons office! I'm in Brookfield and had my surgery on 7/22 at BMI Surgery out of Silver Cross hospital in New Lenox.

Hey there! What suburb? And what surgeons office! I'm in Brookfield and had my surgery on 7/22 at BMI Surgery out of Silver Cross hospital in New Lenox.

I'm in Schaumburg and will go to Good Shepard in Barrington for my surgery using Barrington Surgeons. :)

Hey fellow Chicagoans, does anyone have a suggestion to handle thirst?

Pre-op I could drink over 120 ounces of Water and other fluids a day. Post-op I'm only get about 16 ounces. I've already been to the ER once for IV fluids. I don't want to have to go back.

http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/blog/2563-fibro-divas-bariatric-blog/

https://www.facebook.com/FibroDiva

This next month will fly by for you! Trust me. I put a countdown on my phone and before I knew it' date=' the days had ticked away. I'm feeling pretty good. Walked half of Woodfield mall yesterday before I said enough. Didn't bring my pain meds. Which I was do for about halfway thru. Still not too bad. Feeling lots of gas today but gonna get out and do some more walking tonight.[/quote']

How are you feeling?

How are you feeling?

I'm feeling great!! Been stuck in a stall for 4 looong weeks but it doesn't bother me that bad. I know it will move again. I've had lots of changes in my body though that are keeping me on track. Getting up in the morning, I feel energized not groggy. I can get off the floor and couch a lot easier. I'm down a size so all my clothes fit so much better. Overall I'm just very happy and in a great place right now. Tuesday ill be 6 weeks out so I can start getting back into the gym. I loved working out!

Are you all ready for your class??

I'm feeling great!! Been stuck in a stall for 4 looong weeks but it doesn't bother me that bad. I know it will move again. I've had lots of changes in my body though that are keeping me on track. Getting up in the morning' date=' I feel energized not groggy. I can get off the floor and couch a lot easier. I'm down a size so all my clothes fit so much better. Overall I'm just very happy and in a great place right now. Tuesday ill be 6 weeks out so I can start getting back into the gym. I loved working out!

Are you all ready for your class??[/quote']

Thats so great!!! Ive been wondering how you are. Im all ready.. i saw Angela at the Univ on Monday and said i met someone on a forum and she said your so nice and great to deal with, she was happy and laughed when i said but i only know her screen name LOL! I am nervous because she said if my thyroid is out of whack they may have to postpone surgery. So ive been takin my meds and praying. I wanted to ask you if you had to have an ekg or see a cardiologist? I didnt and dont knw if i shld ask abt it.

Thats so great!!! Ive been wondering how you are. Im all ready.. i saw Angela at the Univ on Monday and said i met someone on a forum and she said your so nice and great to deal with' date=' she was happy and laughed when i said but i only know her screen name LOL! I am nervous because she said if my thyroid is out of whack they may have to postpone surgery. So ive been takin my meds and praying. I wanted to ask you if you had to have an ekg or see a cardiologist? I didnt and dont knw if i shld ask abt it.[/quote']

That's great progress! Trust me, you want that thyroid figured out first. I've been on meds for about 2 years now and its risky to not have balanced numbers and go through surgery. I'm not exactly sure on the specifics but I definitely had to get it tested and make sure my tsh was at an acceptable number. I read something that said "risk of sudden death after surgery" and said I'm not taking any chances! When I went to the pre op day I told them I had occasionally felt heart palpitations so they sent me downstairs for an ekg. Took maybe 10 minutes and I was on to my other appts. As long as you answer all their questions that should tell them wether to send you for one or not. Oh and everyone calls me Tab lol