Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay, I am beginning to freak out! LOL My surgery is 2 weeks away and I keep thinking about everything...all of it. I see the lists of foods I can and cant have just after surgery, I hear about the hair loss and vomiting and such, and it just scares me. I know for long term this is what would be best. I'm trying not to let my fears stop me from doing this because I know it's the right thing to do...

Is anyone else going through the same thing?

Yep me I've got 3 weeks to go and I'm scared about all the same things!!

I'm 5 days post op. I haven't vomited once yet. For the first few days I was uncomfortable and very tired but eases every day. I've lost a total of 15lbs in as many days. This is amazing and I know I could never lose like this without WLS.

Do it you will be a different person just grit your teeth for the first week and then happy days.

I'm 3 days post-op and feeling great! I did over do it tonight going to the store, but just needed to get liquids and rest. My pain was very minimal after surgery and had no nausea it truly felt like I had a pair of pants on 2 sizes too small. My throat hurt worse than my tummy did!

Just take a deep breathe and keep a positive attitude! My pain is almost all gone, if you would call it pain, feels like I had an amazing core work out yesterday.

Plan everything out and be prepared before going in having your next stage or two of good prepared! :)

The next few weeks are going to fly by!!

We all wonder just like you. It would be just soooo easy to just go on doing like we've always done... (Oh, but then we'll get what we've always got, ) Never mind. Scared on not, as Winston Churchill said... "When you find yourself in Hell, keep going!"

I was a bit apprehensive but looking at the overall picture I was more concerned about what my continued obesity would do to me. It has been a year and 5 months since my surgery. If I hadn't gone through with it there is a good chance that I would be dead now. I was going down that fast.

Yesterday my wife came out to watch me run up "fat killer hill". It is a steep hill in my neighborhood here in Dade City, Florida. I have 2 1/2 pound weights on both feet and run with a 20 pound kettle bell held out in front and overhead. I run full speed up the hill for 30 seconds and walk down and do it again, 12 times.

Deb was smiling like a Cheshire Cat when I was done. She's seen me puffing and panting pre-surgery from just walking up the stairs. Before we got back to the house I was breathing normally.

I took a chance with this surgery. I won.

Hello there, I know exactly how you feel and my surgery is coming up this Wednesday. This emotional roller coaster is something we all go through I hear but you know every time I think of turning back something happens , like I see myself in a picture unexpectedly, and I am right back on track. So know that what you are experiencing is NORMAL.

Please don't let fear drive you. If I did, I'd also not have made this decision. My story is a little different. I had complications, and two surgeries and spent 4x as long in the hospital as the normal patient. I came home Sunday.. But, trusted my doctor/surgeon and put my life in God's hands. Because if He didn't want this for me, I wouldn't have the option. I'm going to have a little longer recovery, but I am sure things are going to work out. Good luck and you can PM me if you like. I have built a great support group and would be glad to share. God bless!

Thank you everyone!! It is helpful to see that everyone feels the same, and the outcome ends up good. I can do this! :)

I don't even have a date yet, and I'm apprehensive LOL But, as someone else mentioned, I am more afraid of what happens if I don't have WLS