Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved 5/15 and am still having quite a bit of pain & discomfort. I had a hiatal hernia repaired at the same time and 2 days after being release I picked up some sort of virus. Chills, fever, aches everywhere etc....

Anyone else out there still not feeling good at all 9 days postoperative? When did it get better for you? I feel like a big wuss, but my surgeon & nurse keep assuring me everyone is so different. TIA for any input, feeling pretty down right now.

I don't think it is ur sleeve it's probably the hernia wishing u luck

I was sleeved 5/15 and am still having quite a bit of pain & discomfort. I had a hiatal hernia repaired at the same time and 2 days after being release I picked up some sort of virus. Chills, fever, aches everywhere etc....

Anyone else out there still not feeling good at all 9 days postoperative? When did it get better for you? I feel like a big wuss, but my surgeon & nurse keep assuring me everyone is so different. TIA for any input, feeling pretty down right now.

Week four was like a new me. I didn't have much pain, but I did have a lot of nausea. I have never had a hernia surgery so I do not know what the recovery expectations are. Nine days it not very long. I would give it more time and see how you feel. I am sure you will feel better soon. Remember your body has twice as much to get acustomed to. The sleeve surgery alone is a big change to your body. Be patient and hang in there.

When do you see your surgeon for a check up?

Likely the virus or flu you picked up has set back your recovery. Those illnesses make us weak enough, let alone after major surgery. Sip liquids as much as you can to help you stay really hydrated. Make sure you're getting the Protein in for tissue healing. Be careful not to compare yourself to others too closely. As long as your incisions are not oozing and there are no signs of problems you were told to watch for, I think you will begin to feel stronger every day. The first month is hard. Just keep sipping. It really helps the healing and keeping hydrated will make you feel better.

Your body has taken several hits so I think it would be pretty normal to be feeling crappy right now. Hope you feel better soon!