Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling All Sixties!

I was sleeved 8/18. Tomorrow is four weeks post-op.

At this point, life is starting to absorb more of my attention (compared to the first few weeks of "the sleeved life" when all I thought about was meal-planning, sipping Water, recording food/drink, etc.). Now I sometimes I forget that I can't eat more than 2-4 ounces at a time. And when I remember my sleeve and restriction, I am absolutely thrilled!

I know that over time my restriction will lessen and I'll be able to eat more at a single sitting than now (although never as much as I once did). But for now, this is working for me. :)

I was sleeved in October 25, 2014. I've only lost 12 lb and have experienced the 3 week stall as well. I am 63 and am a low BMI (31). I'm doing everything right, getting in my Water and Protein, low carbs, and calories are between 500 and 700. I'm exercising too (walking). I guess I'm what you would call a slow loser!

I was sleeved in October 25, 2014. I've only lost 12 lb and have experienced the 3 week stall as well. I am 63 and am a low BMI (31). I'm doing everything right, getting in my Water and Protein, low carbs, and calories are between 500 and 700. I'm exercising too (walking). I guess I'm what you would call a slow loser!

That's what, about 4 weeks? At 3 lbs./week, I wouldn't call that slow.

Uh, no.

You're a regular, normal, middle-of-the-road loser.

I weighed 216 on surgery day. Month One I lost 10.4 pounds. Month Two I lost 11.8 pounds. Month Three I lost 8.8 pounds.

That's what normal looks like.

For someone with a low BMI you lost a shitload of weight in Month One. You're doing great. :)

hi...havent been here for sometime...I was sleeved on 28th jan 2014. lost some weight..then I had knee transplant of both knees on 13th oct. recovering slowly....husband was taking great care of me...he passed away suddenly on 5th oct. Now I am sad and lonely...trying to come out of this shock.

I also want to loose more weight....every thing is difficult now.

Edited by hopeful2 be slim

@hopeful2beslim ... I am so very sorry for your loss.

Oh no!!!! I am so sorry to hear about your hubby. No wonder you had to dial back for a minute. Hopefully you can have some time a couple of times a week just to stay in touch. The fellowship of this community can help keep you going.

I have a couple of questions. Do you have any support nearby from friends / family / church - anyone?

Did you get both knees replaced at he same time????? OMG.......II had one done in 2007

and the other in 2011. I just can't imagine the bravery and mental strength it would take to

get them both done together.

My dear sleeve sister, I did miss you and wish for comfort to come your way. Here is a hug from Miss Mac in Chicago.

thanks Miss Mac...yes my daughter and grandchildren are here...and friends also...yes both knees together..it was quite a bit...but getting better now.

My sincere condolences to your loss. I can relate. I had hip surgery, 10 days later my husband dx terminal ca and died 6 wks later. It's a shock to your system physically, mentally and emotionally. Take good care of yourself and just take it one day or even one minute at a time. I would suggest finding a grief group to help you work through your grief. If none are where you live or if your unable to get to one there are groups online. It is very beneficial to talk with others who are going through the loss of a spouse also. If you read there are good books written for grief support.

I wish I had an answer to help you except to say I'm sending healing thoughts with this post. Time is the only thing that will help with the pain.

hi...havent been here for sometime...I was sleeved on 28th jan 2014. lost some weight..then I had knee transplant of both knees on 13th oct. recovering slowly....husband was taking great care of me...he passed away suddenly on 5th oct. Now I am sad and lonely...trying to come out of this shock.

I also want to loose more weight....every thing is difficult now.

Good morning! I am looking for help and suggestions. I was sleeved in June 1012. I initially lost 60 lbs down from 250 lbs. The last several months have been tough. I stopped losing and went to see the weight loss center to find out why. they suggested that i up my calories to 1200, keep my Protein up and again suggested that I need to begin exercising more. I was never big on exercise! Well i've increased my calories, and joined a gym go faithfully 3 or 4 days a week, usually 3…and I am gaining weight! I am up 30 lbs and hating it. I am in panic mode. And of course the more i think about it the more i want to eat, just like the old days.

Any advise. I'm even feeling too down to go back to the weight loss center as I feel like a failure.

Please help!

Good morning! I am looking for help and suggestions. I was sleeved in June 1012. I initially lost 60 lbs down from 250 lbs. The last several months have been tough. I stopped losing and went to see the weight loss center to find out why. they suggested that i up my calories to 1200, keep my Protein up and again suggested that I need to begin exercising more. I was never big on exercise! Well i've increased my calories, and joined a gym go faithfully 3 or 4 days a week, usually 3…and I am gaining weight! I am up 30 lbs and hating it. I am in panic mode. And of course the more i think about it the more i want to eat, just like the old days.

Any advise. I'm even feeling too down to go back to the weight loss center as I feel like a failure.

Please help!

Without knowing a lot more detail, it's hard to know where to help you. Are there any support groups in your area? Check if Bariatric Pal has one nearby, how about a local hospital? You may find spending time with other WLS patients is a great way to debug your problem and get fresh ideas from people who know what you're going through. You have gotten this far, it's just another bump you need to get over, so don't give up.

Edited by vincereautmori

i have had knee transplant and am taking brufen daily since more than a month...can I continue...i also take some pentab with it.

i had sleeve on 28th jan.2014

i have had knee transplant and am taking brufen daily since more than a month...can I continue...i also take some pentab with it.

i had sleeve on 28th jan.2014

You should definitely check with your bariatric surgeon's office. My surgeon says I can take ibuprofen / NSAIDs intermittently, but definitely NOT daily.

Just turned 65 and 6 years out………. fighting about 30 lb gain over 3 years………

My surgery date was May 4 and I was 4 days into my two week liquid diet when I got a called from my "navigator" this afternoon. Stop everything, she said. Aetna is still messing with us. Long story short: New tentative surgery date is May 20. I'm so frustrated and annoyed by both my insurance and my bariatric program. I had finally got my FMLA papers filled out by my surgeon for work (he charged me $7 to do that!), and made arrangements to have three weeks off. (Hey, I have 2 months of sick time in my bank... I want to use some of it!) I had to tell my boss, oops, never mind, maybe two weeks later, but I'm not sure. This ordeal would make anyone crazy! I'm glad I had my two psych evaluations already! (Yes, my insurance required two different psych consults!) I'm hanging in, but holy moly! It's not like I'm asking for a heart/lung/brain transplant!