Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lightweights in the house! Any more people with less to lose/less BMI's?

My bmi is 28. Im scheduled for band revision on July 16th cuz of a slipped band. My insurance is covering it cuz its a complication and obesity is a lifelong disease. I've already proven I NEED a tooo, as I've gained back 30 of my 104 lbs lost. I want to lose those 30 + an extra 14 to get me to my new 130 goal (it was 135, I changed it). So only 44.

However when I was banded 3 1/2 yrs ago, my bmi was 41 (248 lbs). While Im only in the overweight category now, I still need a lifelong tool to help me get to my goal, just as much as someone with a bmi of 50.

Goodnluck to u

Wow! Great job!

My stats are close to yours at 5'7" 210 lbs. I had my initial consult today and my Dr. set my target weight at 145. I can't even imagine being 145! My lowest weight before my first pregnancy (13 years ago) was about 160. So 145 sounds so out of reach. But they assured me it is a reasonable expectation.

Please, keep updating your story here. And..Good Luck!

Thought I would give an update in here for the lower bmi . My surgery was exactly 28 days ago. (5/22/13)

I started this journey weighing in at 218. I am almost 5ft 7" .bmi was a 34. As of the scale this morning I am 191. So 27 pounds.. I am so happy!!! I'm pretty sure it will slow down some but for now its been steady. Hope this helps with some of the questions on how fast it goes.

Hi I am 5'4 highest was 237. Had surgery May 15. I am down 43. It is going well. Hope this helps. Blessings ~ Melody

I'm having surgery July 1st. I'm 31 years old and 5'1" and weigh 195. I'm about a size 12 or loose 14. Nobody believes I weigh what I do. I have a strong family history of diabetes, arthritis, and high blood pressure. I don't want any of that. Only one person in my family is really obese besides me. I'm the only fat cousin, sister, daughter, etc. Because I'm so short, I would love to be a size 4 or smaller!!!! I'm worried about loose skin and loosing my boobs 38 dd. but, I saved for this surgery so I will start saving again for plastics I guess.

It's so great to hear everyone's success stories. I hope an pray I will be a success story too!!!

I'm 5'3" 173. Bmi of 30. Was sleeved yesterday. Hurting from gas. Will let u all know how my weight loss goes. I'm a big fan of this low bmi thread.

Take care and keep us updated! I'm 5'2" 185. My surgery date is July 16th, I'm having a revision. And I'm a nurse too. I am so excited and scared! Hope you heal fast!

Revision weight 104lbs BMI 19 (no revision)

Post band healing wait time for sleeve 18 months

VSG weight 190

6 months post op weight 142lbs BMI 25

VSG weight 190

Ms. AntiBand how tall are you?

VSG weight 190

I'm glad you had some good results from your band even if out didn't last. I lost 25 pounds and that was it. The band is a complete waste! I'm curious what you weighed prior to the band.

I am 5'10" and weigh 236 (bmi of 33+) I have my surgery scheduled for August. What would be you best piece of advice you would give me to prepare for what's in store???

My advice would be start cutting out things now that you can't have later. For example, I stopped drinking all carbonated drinks 2 months before surgery. I also did a 1 week trial run of the pre op diet to make sure I could do it. Stock up on all different kinds of Protein so you don't get burned out on 1 kind. Hope this helps. I am 30 days out from surgery and down 27 pounds.

I'm 5'2"

I had band surgery 5 times and was prohibited from any more surgery until healed and never to have band again.

My weight prior to lapband was 160 lbs

I got down to 104 because any food I managed to eat came back up. I didn't digest anything. I would even vomit if I swallowed my own saliva. The band sucked the life out of me. More on my profile story.

I'm happy and healthy now and slowly getting to goal. Last week dr told me not to set my goal at 125 so I raised it to 130.

I'm 5'2"

I had band surgery 5 times and was prohibited from any more surgery until healed and never to have band again.

My weight prior to lapband was 160 lbs

I got down to 104 because any food I managed to eat came back up. I didn't digest anything. I would even vomit if I swallowed my own saliva. The band sucked the life out of me. More on my profile story.

I'm happy and healthy now and slowly getting to goal. Last week dr told me not to set my goal at 125 so I raised it to 130.

I knew from other posts of yours that you had terrible trouble with the band. I know a cpl ppl with the band and due to seeing them go through hell with it I never even thought of it as an option. But early on it looked like a miracle. And a lot of ppl still swear by it. I am happy you have found your happy place and sounds like you are getting to your goal. I am your height. I also wanna get down to 125- 130. Do you mind me asking why your doc said do not get down to 125?

He really didn't say why, but I'm guessing he doesn't want me to fall into the same mind set I did with the band. I ignored my health and loved being skinny and was willing to give my life for it. Down deep I knew I was dying, but being thin meant more. He doesn't want me near that again

Fortunately, it's different this time and I'm so into healthy .. I love it! Plus, I'm almost 56 so 130 is an ok weigh for an old lady ;)