Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm back to my old eating habits ;-(

I'm 6 months out and know how easy it is to go back to old ways. What's helped is eating 5-6 times a day. Roughly every 3 hours. Buy healthy snacks- nuts' date=' avacado, string cheese, yogurt, hummus with raw zucchini slices,etc. For sweets, Fiber one has chocolate Protein bars now and they are delicious! Also I have snack packs if I need them. Good luck it's never too late![/quote']

Thanks for your help I will have to go food shopping and buy all these healthy tips ideas you are giving me

Thanks to all of you that are trying to help me out I really need all of this to get back on track I will try my best today

5 months post op is it to late for me - my sleeve was a waste of time?

mocanitanj

OMG - its NEVER too late

get back on the horse, start following the rules - the sleeve was NOT a waste of time/mistake!!!

we all/most have messed up a bit "once or twcie" :(

you've done well - really!!!!

just shy of losing 50 lbs in 5 months - do the #'s - thats NOT a bad monthly average

sure you can/will do better

as OP said - start to force the fluids - Water, Water, water, and then more water

at least 64 oz - you might have to push/force yourself to drink - improve daily

it is very important!!!!

and i'm sure you know to stop drinking before you eat by about 15-30 minutes

never ever ever drink with your meals (people have been shot for less :lol: )

very very important - do not drink anything for about 45 minutes after you eat!!!

i agree to go through pantry and chuck stuff like chips, Cookies et al

when you see something "good" to eat.........sweets et al........... :angry:

remember all of us are shaking their fingers at you saying - I don't think so!!!!

we're scary enough to make you drop those goodies!!! :angry::D

tell your nutritionalist you need some more assistance from her - you are having problems

maybe you need to assert yourself more - and say help, don't let her just aske the basic questions - you need to say more - you want help

if she still doesn't do any good - get another NUT

good for you that you are eating small portions - but sounds like you might be grazing

eating a bunch of different times those small portions?? - sorry bud, gotta stop that

these past 5 months have not been a waste!!!

i can/will get back to basics - and continue doing well

after all you know this is a llifetime journey

but the results are great!!!!!

i can see B) in your lovely smiling face - that you have what it takes to succeed

i know it, i know it :)

come back here for more support anythime

think positive!!!!

good luck

kathy

Thanks to all of you that are trying to help me out I really need all of this to get back on track I will try my best today

Just remember that you are not alone. We want you to be healthy and happy.

Thanks for your help I will have to go food shopping and buy all these healthy tips ideas you are giving me

Think about the struggle of having the surgery, the pain and discomfort. Think about the way your clothes fitted in the past. How miserable you were hanging with smaller friends. Think about trying to find a stronger chair to sit in and pray it doesn't break. Think about the plane and bus rides the tightness. Think about the quality of life.

I was sleeved on 5/14/13. I will not allow the pain I'm going through go in vain. I am determine to live. Just remember why u had it done and you will get back on track. We will fall down, now it's time to stand up and continue.

mocanitanj

OMG - its NEVER too late

get back on the horse' date=' start following the rules - the sleeve was NOT a waste of time/mistake!!!

we all/most have messed up a bit :(

you've done well - really

just shy of losing 50 lbs in 5 months - do the #'s - thats NOT a bad monthly average

sure you can/will do better

as OP said - start to force the fluids - Water, Water, water, and then more water

at least 64 oz - you might have to push/force yourself to drink - improve daily

it is very important!!!!

and i'm sure you know to stop drinking before you eat by about 15-30 minutes

never ever ever drink with your meals (people have been shot for less :lol: )

very very important - do not drink anything for about 45 minutes after you eat!!!

i agree to go through pantry and chuck stuff like chips, Cookies et al

when you see something "good" to eat.........sweets et al........... :angry:

remember all of us are shaking their fingers at you saying - I don't think so!!!!

we're scary enough to make you drop those goodies!!! :angry::D

tell your nutritionalist you need some more assistance from her - you are having problems

maybe you need to assert yourself more - and say help, don't let her just aske the basic questions - you need to say more - you want help

if she still doesn't do any good - get another NUT

good for you that you are eating small portions - but sounds like you might be grazing

eating a bunch of different times those small portions?? - sorry bud, gotta stop that

these past 5 months have not been a waste!!!

i can/will get back to basics - and continue doing well

after all you know this is a llifetime journey

but the results are great!!!!!

i can see B) in your lovely smiling face - that you have what it takes to succeed

i know it, i know it :)

come back here for more support anythime

think positive!!!!

good luck

kathy[/quote']

Wow I love all of this you just wrote;-)

I believe I do need this help. I have an appointment with the nutritionist today if i don't get good help today from her I'll be looking for another one. I have to learn to not eat and drink at the same time and after my meals

I really appreciate this thank you very much. If you dont mind I will print this out and have it with me all the time to help me get on the right track ;-) hugs

Think about the struggle of having the surgery' date=' the pain and discomfort. Think about the way your clothes fitted in the past. How miserable you were hanging with smaller friends. Think about trying to find a stronger chair to sit in and pray it doesn't break. Think about the plane and bus rides the tightness. Think about the quality of life.

I was sleeved on 5/14/13. I will not allow the pain I'm going through go in vain. I am determine to live. Just remember why u had it done and you will get back on track. We will fall down, now it's time to stand up and continue.[/quote']

Awww thanks I'm happy I posted this on VSG because now I feel the motivation really thank you very much

Just remember that you are not alone. We want you to be healthy and happy.

Thank you very much ;-)

Also, way to go on walking 2 miles! That's probably why you feel more hungry than before. I'm a night eater so when my kids go to bed I do work out DVDs instead of eating. Maybe you could buy a yoga one to add to your daily walk.

I would suggest you get an app (like my fitness pal) so you can keep track of e erything you put in your mouth...it MAKES you be accountable! Then do the bootcamp (search it on here) it will get you back on target. & finally, refocus & remember why you did this in the first place. Simply reboot yourself & start again! You CAN do this!!

Walk more

Drink more Water

Shop better

Eat better

& find a better support group

Sounds like there is no support at home and that's where it all starts...at home. Don't worry though , We are all in this together! ;)

Thanks girl for your tips they are very helpful I was forgetting that my sleeve is just a tool and wasn't going to do everything for me. I pray to god I can do this;-) I have to drink more Water and I have to start drinking my Protein shakes

Just review the materials that you were given in the beginning and get back to basics...if you ever need to chat just add me as a friend and in box me and together we can get through the rough Patches....Keep me posted!

Just do not give up get back to your doctor and let them help.

Okay thanks

Just review the materials that you were given in the beginning and get back to basics...if you ever need to chat just add me as a friend and in box me and together we can get through the rough Patches....Keep me posted!

Okay thanks I will add u as a friend ;-)