Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

stalled and overly emotional. aka - it's been a rough week

For two weeks ( from week two to nearly week four) I lost absolutely NOTHING. I too, thought I was going to be one of the minority that this surgery did not work for. To make it more puzzling....I had to be consuming less than 500 calories a day....I am carrying 100 lbs of excess weight around......I couldn't figure out how I wasn't dropping like three pounds a day!! I had also announced my sleeve surgery to everyone and I could see them studying me to see if they could notice any loss. I felt like a failure!! My husband finally got tired of the lamenting and hide the scale. Best idea ever!!!

It really was just a stall. When it finally broke, I lost like four lbs. Since then, it has been pretty steady since. I believe it is just your body adjusting. You undergo major surgery......then your calorie count is dropped to zilch. Your body says "Wait a minute!!"and starts to conserve. But you must remember, if you follow the program, eat as you should and exercise, it is nearly a mathematical impossibility that you will NOT lose.

Drink as much Water as you can...keep up your Protein and lightly exercise. I promise, it will break eventually.

This is par for the course. I don't like stalls, but at least I know now that they are part of the journey and they do break eventually!!:) :

Hide that scale!! :)

It was nice to see your happier thread from today. :)

Thank you, thank you, thank you so much to everyone who responded here. I've read mannnnyyyyy posts on this forum about stalls, but I didn't expect to have such an emotional reaction to it when it inevitably happened to me!

In the past few days:

- my period ended

- the tears dried up

- I lost 2lbs.

Now, I don't know if the stall is necessarily broken, but I am hoping to see a loss. I've decided to limit myself to weighing in only once per week! I think I'll be happier than if I check it every day. I

It's ironic - pre-op, I didn't ever own a scale. When I bought it, I didn't weigh every day. It was only when I was on that pre-op diet, I started weighing every day. It's not a good habit, so I'm gonna cut down!!

I appreciate all of you that took the time to offer encouragement. It's so nice to have people who understand what I'm going through! Good luck to us all!

It seems like I stall for 1-2 weeks each month (always including the week Aunt Flo is visiting, going up and down 3-4 lbs that week), but I've pretty consistently lost an average of 16-18 lbs each month. I've decided it's just how my weight loss works.