Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 29th date - NERVOUS AND EXCITED

Hey guys- I have been dreaming of this for the last fee months and can't wait! I'm planning on taking a month off of work to recuperate... I'm so nervous about the throwing up! I absolutely hate regurgitating... So I don't know how that's going to go.

Just a little info about me- I am 26 and married (no kids yet)... I was diagnosed with PCOS :( and mild hypothyroidism. Mmm hoping I don't get much of excess skin. I am currently 247.

This is my first forum and thread so plz share ur experiences, I have done nothing in the last month or so than watch videos and read threads and that is where I got all of my education.

I will be on liquid diet for three weeks following surgery but I hated the Meal Replacement chicken broth so any other suggestions would fantastic!

Thank u guys! Keep me in your prayers please and any info for motivation, support would be highly appreciated!!! Xoxo

Hi there. I'm also new here, I'm having my surgery on the 27th, so I know exactly how you're feeling!

This is my first major surgery so obviously I'm also nervous, but know everything will be alright. Keep up the positive thoughts!

You'll do fine!! I'm a few weeks post-op, and I haven't thrown up once. The key is just not to push it.

As far as broth, I'm not a big fan, so I just didn't have any. The main thing is that you get plenty of protien (protien shakes) and the rest of the liquid can be whatever you want. Water, Jello, crystal lite, etc.

Good luck, and don't be nervous. It is so worth it!

Hi I also have surgery on the 29th I also have to be on a clear diet for about two weeks after surgery and my nutrisiontist has advised me to take Isopure its 40g of Protein and if I take two of those a day as my meal I should be fine. They want me to have about 80g to 120g of protein a day and also drink Water. I just had a post op class today so its still fresh in my memory. Are you have the surgery here in the states or in Mexico?

Thank you guys for all the encouragement! I'm still a week away and I'm actually having trouble sleeping because I keep thinking about it and watching videos etc... Lol ay yay yaiii!

I'm having the surgery done here in Cali by Dr Oliak. My insurance, United Health Care, covers it, which is such a blessing! Would never be able to do it if it was not covered.

Good luck to you both who are going through it next week!! Keep me updated! :)

Ya'll, it's today!!!!!!! :-/ I must've had maybe 5 hours of sleep all chopped up by me getting up and checking what time it was. Please keep me in your prayers.

Hope everything went well!

Hope everything went well!

Everything went great! I came home today and thank God, had no complications. My Dr didn't even put a tube! I did have a hernia on my diaphragm but my surgeon fixed it. After surgery, all boos results were great, I was walking the day after surgery and drinking 4oz of Fluid in an hour.

Today is my third day and I was released! I am on a strict Clear liquids only diet for three weeks. I need to somehow get myself to drink 64oz of fluids (including my 3 meal replacements) but have no idea how to do that. Right now, I'm averaging about 20-25 per day. My only problem is I find myself so thirsty (craving cold water!!) and yet I can't just gulp it down, I have to take sips that it ends up being not that satisfying so that's what I'm struggling with currently. I want Water and lots of it but can't get it down bc my stomachs will hurt if I drink it fast or more than a few sips in a 5 minute span. Any suggestions would be great!

Thank u all for ur prayers and caring to ask!! :))

Everything went great! I came home today and thank God' date=' had no complications. My Dr didn't even put a tube! I did have a hernia on my diaphragm but my surgeon fixed it. After surgery, all boos results were great, I was walking the day after surgery and drinking 4oz of Fluid in an hour.

Today is my third day and I was released! I am on a strict Clear Liquids only diet for three weeks. I need to somehow get myself to drink 64oz of fluids (including my 3 meal replacements) but have no idea how to do that. Right now, I'm averaging about 20-25 per day. My only problem is I find myself so thirsty (craving cold water!!) and yet I can't just gulp it down, I have to take sips that it ends up being not that satisfying so that's what I'm struggling with currently. I want Water and lots of it but can't get it down bc my stomachs will hurt if I drink it fast or more than a few sips in a 5 minute span. Any suggestions would be great!

Thank u all for ur prayers and caring to ask!! :))[/quote']

My surgery was on the 28th and I'm having the exact same problem with wanting to just gulp down the water! It keeps happening to me at night right before I go to bed. I did some research and found out that eventually you can drink normally! Lol I thought it was gonna be like this forever.

My surgery was on the 28th and I'm having the exact same problem with wanting to just gulp down the water! It keeps happening to me at night right before I go to bed. I did some research and found out that eventually you can drink normally! Lol I thought it was gonna be like this forever.

LizC, I am freaking out! I can't even express how much I LOVE Water :( and although I'm pretty much drinking all day, I still don't feel satisfied as if I actually drank water! I asked my surgeon in my 1 week post op and I think he saw the desperation on my face or something bc he somehow grinned and said that should get better soon.... I CAN'T WAIT!!!! :) thank God for hope!

LizC' date=' I am freaking out! I can't even express how much I LOVE Water :( and although I'm pretty much drinking all day, I still don't feel satisfied as if I actually drank water! I asked my surgeon in my 1 week post op and I think he saw the desperation on my face or something bc he somehow grinned and said that should get better soon.... I CAN'T WAIT!!!! :) thank God for hope![/quote']

Haha I asked the same thing! I don't know if its right to do this or not but I've been testing the amount I can drink in a sip, like seeing how much causes pain. Not like severe pain or anything, just that slight pressure feeling. I've realized I can take bigger sips than I thought! Lol still not like a normal drink but I'll get there eventually! Oh and I'm seriously so tired of spending hours sipping and sipping and sipping and then looking in my cup and it looking like I've barely drank anything! Ugh, so frustrating! :/

Haha I asked the same thing! I don't know if its right to do this or not but I've been testing the amount I can drink in a sip' date=' like seeing how much causes pain. Not like severe pain or anything, just that slight pressure feeling. I've realized I can take bigger sips than I thought! Lol still not like a normal drink but I'll get there eventually! Oh and I'm seriously so tired of spending hours sipping and sipping and sipping and then looking in my cup and it looking like I've barely drank anything! Ugh, so frustrating! :/[/quote']

Seriously! I'm ur twin sister over here! I do the same thing, shushhhh ;)). Something that my surgeon said at Week 1 post op, "it's very difficult to harm ur incisions internally even if that was ur goal". Phew!!! That's def not my goal but just gave me a lot of peace of mind, u know?

Since surgery, how much have u lost or where did u start from, if u don't mind me asking :)

Seriously! I'm ur twin sister over here! I do the same thing' date=' shushhhh ;)). Something that my surgeon said at Week 1 post op, "it's very difficult to harm ur incisions internally even if that was ur goal". Phew!!! That's def not my goal but just gave me a lot of peace of mind, u know?

Since surgery, how much have u lost or where did u start from, if u don't mind me asking :)[/quote']

OMG a few days ago I bent down and and felt something pop on my stomach! I started freaking out so bad, lol I seriously thought I popped a damn staple out or something! And then I told my dr about it yesterday and I'm sure he thought I was an idiot. He was like "oh no that's normal, I'm sure it was the scar tissue around an incision. You can't physically feel the staple." Who knows why I thought I'd be able to feel a staple move internally -_- hahaha!

But as for weight loss, my highest weight was 332. After my 2 week pre-op diet, on surgery day I was 317. Then after surgery in the hospital I was back to 331. I had my post-op dr appointment yesterday and I'm down to 302! I don't have a scale at home because I don't want to become obsessed but that was definitely some incentive to get one :) what about you?! And how are you doing in general with everything? I'm just now starting to feel normal, I've been so weak these last few days.

I haven't had any problems with getting in liquids and haven't thrown up once. Hopefully, you'll have the same experience. As far as Protein goes I like EAS carb control (add Click sometimes), Gold Standard whey, Unjury, and Isopure Zero Carb.