Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I fell off the wagon.... HARD!

Hi all, I'm looking for some motivation and I probably need a good ass swatting while we're at it!!

I am almost one year out (2 weeks shy) and I have been completely off track since December. I had my gall bladder removed at the end od November (emergency) and I haven't lost any weight since then. I've been gaining and losing the same 3-5 pounds and have noticed (and tried to ignore) myself falling back into old damaging habits.

Since my surgery I've had a major upheaval at work, and have been dealing with a lot more responsibility and stress. I began having problems with my husband which came close and may possibly still result in divorce. I do not have a strong support network and I've always been kind of a loner anyway.

I've recently been telling myself that i would get myself back on track after our anniversary trip to Mexico with my husband, but I've had to postpone that due to work. I'm disappointed not to be going but I'm trying to look at is as a blessing in disguise.

I've decided that I need to take the bull by the horns and just get back on track. Its so much harder to do than to say though. food has always been my comfort and with all the stress at work and at home, i am acutely aware that i am walking a very dangerous path. I do not feel any kind of restriction when i eat and i am scared and embarrassed to go to the doctor to see if im stretched back to pre surgery.

I've been thinking about going back on the pre surgery liquid/protein shake diet and kind of starting over. I feel like maybe that will get my head back in the game. I would like to point out that making a doctors appointment is not possible for me right now due to my work schedule (hence canceled vacation) and im not likely going to be able to go at least for another month or so.

I'm looking for some support and motivation. I have been working out twice a week for the past 5-7 months give or take and i intend to up that immediately. I put an ad on craigslist locally for a workout buddy and have had one person respond so far. Im very serious about getting back on the wagon. This post is my public proclamation of that intention.

Good for you for your public admission of struggle and request for help. This board is always full of people with good ideas. I think you know what you have to do though, Protein, Protein, Protein ... And get that exercise up. I wish you well.

This is something that I worry about for the future. I think that you're very brave for fessing up and putting it out there.Yup, if it were me I would go back to the stage 3 diet, putting Protein first. I know how stress can make you want to eat bad stuff, but just try telling yourself that you are way better than that and you deserve to be healthy,good luck, let us know how you are making out.

I agree.. back to the beginning or drawing board so to speak... get back on track girl. You can do it.. its hard not having a good support system.. sorry to hear that things are not good at home.. ask yourself this question.. are you better off with him or without him? keep coming back her for some support.. we all take a tumble from time to time.. you need to get back on the wagon... back to the Protein protein protein... if I can do it you can too... I have a great support system even at work.. they are all great... even tho my weight loss has slowed up some.. we all hit that dreaded stall.. but hey it will kick start again after I re-adjust my diet again.. best of luck to you.. YOU CAN DO THIS!! dont let food rule your life.. you rule your life..and nobody else... just remember we are her for you always. :)

I wouldn't necessarily go back to liquids/protein shakes. You'll just feel hungrier and if you're at all like me, kick yourself even harder if you don't/can't stick to that plan.

Maybe try to find one area in which you can make a positive change. For example, I know when I don't eat Breakfast, I'm setting myself up to make poorer decisions for the day. So I make a commitment to eat breakfast...but I do NOT try to change everything throughout the day. So if I "stray" or still eat junk, I still kept THAT promise to myself. Plus, I know in the long run, eating Breakfast WILL help.

Or maybe you commit to eating 2-3 ounces of Protein or drink a glass of Water BEFORE any junk. Once you do that, if you still want the junk, eat it. Again, small changes that you can be successful with.

The other thing...don't be too hard on yourself! So you've lost/gained 3-5 lbs in the last FIVE months....that means you're really holding pretty steady! If you have to continue holding your own until events in your life settle down, it's not the worst thing to do.

After a year it is harder for a lot of us. I made my weight loss goal-- a very modest one- 170lbs at 5'4''... and gained back 9 pounds around 16 months post-op. I got back on track and lost them all. I have been able to keep those 9 pounds off with some effort. (I am almost 2 years out) I avoid sliders as much as possible, and I work out now.... (I didn't during weight loss) You can do this!!!!! It may seem extreme but if your ticker is accurate you could pursue the DS (duodenal switch)... sometimes its a good 2nd step for some to achieve the weight loss. Don't be embarrassed to go to your Surgeons office! Keep us posted. Also I agree with the above writer- extreme diets like shakes only are so hard to stick with.. be moderate about your weight loss- extreme dieting is what got most of us here-- I know dieting and then NOT dieting got me to 262lbs.

Well I just got off my ass and worked out for about 20 minutes in my garage. Started the 30 day squat challenge and did some weights, punching bag and push ups. Its hot and humid here in Texas so my garage was extra toasty. I'm going to try to use this heat to my advantage to get the sweat going. I'm drinking plenty of fluids. Mainly Water and zero calorie Powerade.

Today is really the day I've come to terms with what I need to do. I've had a little "come to Jesus" meeting with myself. I've had to tell myself several times today that I am NOT hungry. Just found myself bored and had to find a distraction. I need to pay attention to the patterns of when I am snacking, binging, and soothing myself.

I was off to such a great start and I'm disappointed in myself that I let other things distract me and get me off course. I am 238 today. I want to be under 200 lbs by Labor Day. Thats what I'd like to focus on right now.

Thank you all for your support and encouragement. I need to come back here more frequently. I think I consciously stopped when I got off track back then. VST is part of what I need to stay true to my goals!!

Where in Texas are you? I live in College Station and you are right about the humidity! If you are local, I can suggest a fabulous personal trainer!

I'm in Dallas/Ft. Worth.

I have a great trainer I work with 2x a week. His name is Paulie Ayala, and he was a world champion boxer. I've picked up some great tips and info from him. Unfortunately I only get him twice a week and I'm usually no good on my own. Thats why I need a workout buddy. ;)

Wow! When I read your post I thought it was coming from me! So so alike here all the way to the gallbladder removal. Personally I don't have it together enough to make a post about it.

However, I went back to my Dr. ! I had multiple cross addictions and was out of control.

My Dr. Told me that if I continue what I'm doing my WLS WILL FAIL!! The words echo in my head everyday Fail fail fail!

From my thinking, we only have so much time to lose the weight 6 months and then you slow to a snails pace. I'm exactly like you. My Dr. sent me back to the nutritionist and the psychologist.

I strongly recommend it to you as we'll. I learned so much information I'm glad I did!

The advice that helped me was the Psy said "we all have all kinds of thoughts all day long. That does NOT mean you have to act on them!"

I agree about a personal trainer as well!

I also started taking some Vitamins the Nut recommended. They are called juice Plus! One is garden the other is fruit. Since we cannot put all of those veggies and fruits in our stomachs this is the next best thing.

Hope this helps you too! You have my blessings as we have the same struggles!

Hi Butterfly,

I strongly recommend weighing and tracking your food, and weighing yourself at least once per week. If you can throw out the bad foods, then do that too. I can't have certain foods around because I will just eat them till they are gone.

Exercise can be a great stress reducer. I have to exercise first thing when i get up or I simply won't do it.

Thanks for coming back and sticking with it! You are so worth it!

Lynda

Where in Texas are you? I live in College Station and you are right about the humidity! If you are local, I can suggest a fabulous personal trainer!

As a fellow student, I can totally relate to the challenges of college life. The workload can get overwhelming, and I often struggle with time management and finding reliable resources for my assignments. One service that has been a lifesaver for me is EssayLab. They offer essay for sale, which are well-researched and professionally written. It's been a great support in improving my grades and reducing the stress of academic deadlines.

Thank you for sharing! Great topic

Edited by Alfred_Wilkerson