Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Breast Reduction/Lift *Graphic Pics

Where are the pictures?

On the first page?? I just looked they are still there..

Oh the new ones :) never mind

Hi everyone. I had my "almost 3 week" post op yesterday. I am 19 days post op' date=' to be exact.

Here are some updated pics, with the tape removed. The right side is still more swollen than the lift and has some leakage at incision sites, which is why the nipple looks a little distorted. However, you can see how things look without tape. Ruffling, swelling, and leakage will subside day by day. Swelling will take months to subside completely. My pain level went down considerably when the tape came off. I'm still quite sore and have a lot of zinging nerve pain. All in all I'm super pleased with the progress so far.[/quote']

Wow that's looking really good! Thanks for sharing again.

Thanks so much for sharing. No one shares what recovery is really like. It looks painful, but they are going to look SO amazing!

The new pix look really good!!! They look good even now, but it's easy to see how great they will look with a little more time. Thanks again for sharing this with us.

I had my breast reduction and lift' date=' insurance approved, last week. The surgery was 4.5 hours and outpatient. I was a 40 F before the sleeve and a 36 DDD before the reduction, after losing 75 lbs. The surgery wasn't too bad. There isn't as much pain as I thought but I'm so wiped out! I should've taken more than a week off work. I've posted some pics so that you can see what I week post op looks like. Not as gruesome as you'd think. I have a lot of swelling, especially laterally. That will take about 6 weeks to go away. I also posted two "before" shots. Although embarrassing, it was helpful to me to see other people's photos. Sorry that a couple are upside down. I have no clue how to fix that.

[/quote']

May I ask how you got the insurance to approve it.

Thanks so much for showing this - I am planning on a lift with a small implant - just to get back to my 36C that I had been, I also want to have the choice to wear a bra or not - if I go thru all the discomfort I want Perky!!!

Thank you so much for posting! I really needed to see this in order to make my decision. I'm going to start the process now - as I know my insurance will hem and haw for a few months before they finally approve it. Clothes just don't fit right up top right now because my boobs are too big for the rest of me! I started at a 40DD and I'd like to be a nice little B!

DEZ1975 hey lady time for an update!!!!

Victoria's Secret bras are poorly made in IMO I like Freya and Fanstasie of England the bras cost about the same as VS but are better quality you can by from Figleaves.com' date='Nordstrom and there are a few other stores that carry but I would look online Chantrele bras are also good.Good bras is what I have to do for my deflated Fs until it is time for plastics:)[/quote']

Good to know! Thanks, I'll look into these!!!:)

Anyone had trouble breastfeeding after breast reduction or lift? I'm going to speak with my Pm next week about my breast he advised me already about getting them done.But I'm scared of not being able to breastfeed when I do have children.

You look great....thanks for posting

That's also my concern about being able to breastfeed.

I'm going for one consult next week. Im excited. From my heighest weight to now, I didn't lose much breast. Big boobs and butt is in my family. My side didn't get butt though.

Just wanted to respond about breastfeeding.

I'm a lactation consultant and have seen it go both ways for my patients. There are risks ,

loss of sensation which can affect the hormonal response needed during the first phase of milk production,

The removal of glandular tissue leading to insufficient production of milk, and what I see most is what we call dead ends. The glandular tissue may remain in tact, but the ducts, or roads, don't have a way out of the breast, thus dead ends. I often see moms struggle with engorgement because of the dead ends.

Having said all that, I also see moms who produce a great supply after reduction.

Just some things to consider I guess. There are great resources about breastfeeding after reduction, my favorite is bfar.org